These are Japanese breadcrumbs that are available in the international aisle of any grocery store. Once you start using Panko, you’ll never go back to those other finely ground, powdery breadcrumbs, but any type of breadcrumbs will work fine in this meatloaf. (This is best for a free form loaf.). Add dried bread crumbs and some diced onion. could not find your e-mail or password. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables soften. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, panko, eggs, herbes de Provence or dried herbs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Combine 1/2 cup tomato paste, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce), 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp honey, and 2 Tbsp of water (add a splash more water if needed until it reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency). 2  teaspoons herbes de Provence or a mixture of dried thyme, oregano, and rosemary. (Total baking time is 1 hour and 15 minutes.) Ingredients: 28  (beef .. cheese .. crumbs .. egg .. ketchup .. mustard ...), Ingredients: 20  (beef .. crumbs .. egg .. ketchup .. mustard .. salt ...), Ingredients: 11  (beef .. eggs .. glaze: .. honey. Remove meatloaf when it has about 20 minutes left to cook and spread glaze over top. 7. Mix with your hands until just combined. It’s important to cook these (saute them in butter) before adding them to the meatloaf mixture so the finished dish doesn’t taste like steamed onions or raw carrots. – If making classic meatloaf in a loaf pan, this is a good option. Remove the meat loaf from the oven and coat the top with the ketchup mixture. Remove from the oven and let stand in a warm place for 5 minutes. Southern Living's Boarding House Meatloaf is not only one of our best-loved meatloaf recipes, it's also one of the most popular recipes on our site. Have on hand a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Mirepoix is a mixture of onions, carrot, and celery that is sauteed and used as the base of many soups and stews. https://www.food.com/recipe/meatloaf-with-brown-sugar-ketchup-glaze-229150 Add 1 cup of water to pan. Pour on top of the In the baking dish, form the mixture into a 12-by-3-inch loaf. Recipe below includes lots of ideas for variations and diet adaptations. Mix and cover, Preheat oven to 375°F. – Don’t want to use ketchup but want the same sweet and tangy flavor? This will help to hold moisture in and the bacon will get slightly crisp as it cooks. Tomato Glaze (low sugar / low carb) – Don’t want to use ketchup but want the same sweet and tangy flavor? – This recipe is made entirely with ground beef to keep things simple (but see below for plenty of variations). Privacy Policy, Hi there! In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, ketchup, Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and water/beef stock.In ... a 350°F oven for one hour and 15 minutes, ... top of the meatloaf.Garnish with rings of ... salt, use slightly less. Saute carrots, onions, and garlic in butter over low-medium heat until very tender. Add milk, an egg, ketchup, and worcestershire sauce. – This works as a binder for the ingredients in the meatloaf. Combine with beef, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. – If making a free form loaf, I bake it on this smaller, quarter sheet pan, lined with foil. Your comment is 2. Soak breadcrumbs and milk for 5 minutes. Remove the meat loaf from the oven and coat the top with the ketchup mixture. Transfer meatloaf to oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes (use an instant read thermometer if you have it - the center will register 155°F when the meatloaf is done). (Note: If you prefer, you can also finely chop these by hand.). 4. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Don’t overlook this all-American classic that is make-ahead and freezer friendly. We live in Kansas City with our three daughters. – Finely chopped onion, carrot, and garlic add flavor to the meatloaf, but they also serve another important function. Use your favorite BBQ sauce for customizable flavor. Rest meatloaf for 10 minutes then slice and serve. – A twist on the classic is to use a combination of ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Classic Meatloaf with Sweet and Tangy Glaze is comfort food at its best. Allow ... will cause the, Combine above ingredients, place in ... ketchup to top of loaf. (This is the favorite in our house. Increase carrots to 12 oz. 1. Gently shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape and transfer to loaf pan or sheet pan. Make the meatloaf. Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl and set aside to soak. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. These breadcrumbs come in large, fluffy pieces that work especially well for soaking up liquid that goes into this recipe. easy freezer meal, freezer friendly, make-ahead meal, Panko Breadcrumbs (sub Italian breadcrumbs), Fresh Parsley, curly or flat-leaf, chopped (optional), Worcestershire Sauce (sub soy sauce or Tamari), Mustard (I like to use stone ground Dijon Mustard). Add 90% lean ground beef to a large bowl. To breadcrumbs and milk, add beef, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Starting at the edge closest to you, roll the meatloaf up. Place ground beef mixture between two pieces of wax paper and roll out into a rectangle that is the same width as a loaf pan and about twice as long. I like to have a few of these so that I can make meatloaf in batches and freeze them right inside the pan. – Breadcrumbs and milk work together to retain moisture in the meatloaf, making it tender throughout. « Sheet Pan Jerk Shrimp with Coconut Rice. Beat eggs in a large ... water, minced onion, In bowl combine all ingredients. Spread the sauce over meatloaf … – I know it’s an extra step, but I just love the even, small dice that I get when I pulse the carrots, onions, and garlic in a food processor before adding them to the meatloaf mixture. If using a sheet pan, line it with foil. Transfer meatloaf to a loaf pan and bake according to directions below. Melt ... cup catsup and, Mix all ingredients in a ... at 375F degrees, Makes about 2 cups of ... in food processor, Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine onions, carrots, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (the largest pieces should be about the size of a pea). ), – Thinly sliced bacon can be spread in an even layer over the meatloaf before it goes into the oven. With clean hands, work the mixture until thoroughly blended. Combine 1/2 cup tomato paste, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce), 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp honey, and 2 Tbsp of water (add a splash more water if needed until it reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency). Saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. 3. ... oven at 350°F, Mix ingredients and shape into loaf. Finely chop carrots, onions, and garlic (ideally use a food processor to pulse these into finely chopped pieces or do it by hand). It gets slightly caramelized as it cooks. Herb Marinated Pork Chops with Apple Chutney, Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes with Kale and Gruyere, Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Brie and Balsamic Honey. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Use the measurements below. (Try not to over mix or this will make your meatloaf more tough.). Using your hands, gently mix everything together until just combined. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp mustard, 1/4 cup ketchup and 2 tbsp brown sugar. Set aside to cool. Our recipes are made with, I knew I’d found a winner when my kids started asking if we could have those “meatballs with sweet ketchup” for dinner again only a few days after I last served this with. In testing, 80% lean ground beef struck the right balance for both free form and loaf pan meatloaf – not too fatty but not too dry. Here, it’s mixed with lean ground beef to create a moist, low-fat meat loaf, which is glazed near the end of cooking with Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and brown sugar. If you need to do an egg-free version, feel free to skip it. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Helene Spoto. While the meatloaf itself is tasty—it's your typical mix of lean ground beef, eggs, bell peppers, and onions, with the unexpected addition of oats as a binder—it's the sauce that goes on top that makes it special. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. The Best Worcestershire Sauce Glaze Recipes on Yummly | Dry-rubbed Roasted Turkey With Honey Rosemary Glaze, Dry-rubbed Roasted Turkey With Honey Rosemary Glaze, Mama's Meatloaf With Spiced Tomato Glaze Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a rimmed sheet pan lined with foil, preferably nonstick foil. Add the carrots, onion, celery, salt, and pepper. .. ketchup .. onion ...), Ingredients: 6  (egg .. sauce .. style ...), Ingredients: 13  (beef .. crumbs .. eggs .. ketchup .. milk .. sauce ...), Ingredients: 13  (beef .. blend .. catsup .. crumbs .. onion .. salt ...), Ingredients: 12  (cloves .. egg .. ketchup .. onions .. salsa .. sauce ...), Ingredients: 19  (blend .. bread .. eggs .. essence .. honey .. ketchup ...), Ingredients: 11  (crumbs .. ketchup .. milk .. salt .. sauce .. sausage ...), Ingredients: 8  (beef .. eggs .. ketchup .. onion .. sauce ...).