Of course, Bible Study and prayer are very high priority activities. Luke 21:36 gives us the first step in implementing that solution—praying always. The more God rubs off on us, the more the battle becomes God's, not ours. "ENJOY MORE JOKES LIKE THIS, FROM TINA'S FAVORITE JOKES! For His children, the question is never whether He is present, but whether we acknowledge His presence. We see in this verse not only a broad New Testament application of the term but also, more importantly, its priority to life. Someone: Did you just say you were happy and contented? A possible conversation between someone and me: Someone: So you’re telling me the moment you encountered Jesus Christ you made a commitment to serve Him. According to Jesus, God's Kingdom and His righteousness are the very top priorities in all of life. Be humble.5. God will be found if you seek Him with all of your heart, mind, and strength. ν αὐτοῦ, the moral righteousness which God imparts to the believer, καὶ τὰ μικρὰ ὑμῖν προστεθήσεται, καὶ αἰτεῖτε τὰ ἐπουράνια, καὶ τὰ ἐπίγεια προστεθήσεται ὑμῖν, The kingdom of God, and his righteousness, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers. To have the right kind of fellowship and relationship with God, we have to be aware of the reality that we are always in His presence; He is "a God near at hand" (Jeremiah 23:23). God realigns and changes our hearts so that His plan and purpose in our lives will be fulfilled. Of course, God does (James 1:13)! Her husband walked out last year, the kids are not okay, and Mom and Dad are old and needy. That is how He can rub off on us: We are with Him, in His fellowship, in His presence, through prayer. What do we mean by seeking His righteousness? God will be found if you seek Him with all of your heart, mind, and strength. That being said, my heart, my mind, and my body is in it for the long haul – every inch of my being already caught by the vision. Prayer changes things—us. Matthew 6:22-24 It means, serving Him and seeking His presence daily in our lives. Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:33 to put God’s kingdom first. "Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously; He will give you everything you need. God designed human beings to adapt to their environment. K.J.V. "Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously; He will give you everything you need. Matthew 16:24-25 It does not provide the answer to every problem, but it does eliminate many possible answers. As we choose to honor and serve Him, we discover that everything else we need to thrive is found in Him. Before, I wanted to be successful. In the 6th chapter of Matthew, Jesus gives us an answer to worry. Matthew : Because the Lord rules and is ultimately in charge, we can always find hope in Him. If the answer does not further God’s kingdom and reflect his righteousness, then it does not need to be considered any further. Luke 13:10-11 Matthew 6:33 With no other could we possibly find better fellowship. Matthew 6:33: A reflection of God’s plan and purpose in my life. Matthew 6:33. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.6. This dovetails perfectly with the hunger-and-thirst metaphor in the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:6). All for money! This is a foundation on which to build eternal life. He did this because He knows that the main goal, our highest priority, determines the preparations, efforts, and zeal for reaching it. ( Log Out /  A.F.V Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. How do we in our daily actions put God first? Because the Lord rules and is ultimately in charge, we can always find hope in Him. She’s confident that everyone can learn to live a happier life.Rea’s Rules:1. Life isn't always happiness and joy - there are times when you need a prayer for healing and change.. She has the misery trifecta, yet Nicky herself is very happy.What are the habits of happy people, and how can we learn from them? Sign up for Beliefnet's Prayer of the Day newsletter. In the 6 th chapter of Matthew, Jesus gives us an answer to worry. Compare that to our reaction when around those who are positive and enthusiastic, facing life with gentle humor, determination, and energy. First of all, the verse is not pointless, Never. Our heart’s desires will become God’s and that would only happen if we have a genuine and intimate relationship with the Lord. Even in the everyday, mundane things, eating and drinking, going to work, getting along with others, and so on, God wants His people to relate those daily experiences to their goal, the Kingdom of God. So, did I make a lot of money? When person A rubs off on person B, it implies that B becomes a little more like A—he begins to take on the other's characteristics. After several really horrible shots, their caddy asked,"You guys wouldn't be priests by any chance? The 7 Chakras and Their Connection to Pleasure, Should I Tell People I’m Not Religious Anymore? God designed prayer to be an act by a free-moral agent who consciously chooses to be with Him to develop their relationship. What happens on the human plane is no different from what happens spiritually. Psalm 37:1-40 Here are 10 prayers that actually change the conversation with God. Because the verse seems pointless and illogical. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. Luke 12:15 Likewise, Satan's spirit permeates our environment, influencing us unless we choose to counteract it. Top 10 TV Shows (Drama) A Reflection on The Wire; Nerve (July 27, 2016) The Sins of Our Heroes. The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11). Our hearts are in the things to which we devote ourselves, the things we spend our time pursuing. Matthew 6:33. Specifically, I wanted to be rich (like filthy rich) with sport cars and olympic-size swimming pools. During those two months, no one could drag us near a time-wasting television program. Regular readers of Faith Reflections will know that Leeanne and I had Matthew 6:33 engraved on our wedding rings after deciding that we wanted that truth of that verse to be our point of orientation for the rest of our lives. It means knowing God more and having an intimate relationship with Him. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. What do we mean by seeking God’s Kingdom? He said, "I heard my nurse say, 'It's a very simple operation, don't worry, I'm sure it will be all right." Don’t gossip.9. God's calling is an invitation to fellowship with Him, and getting to know Him is our salvation (John 17:3). So if you already itching for a job and God is telling you He is preparing something for you, believe in Him. 10 Powerful Prayers for Healing and Change. It means, serving Him and seeking His presence daily in our lives. It takes away our peace, our hope, our joy, and so much more. Sweat every day.8. What do we actually do to "seek first the Kingdom of God"? Before, I wanted to be successful. If this is so, then the means—prayer—is a vital part of the foundation on which we need to build. "What's the matter?" We would embark on the most intense crash-course program of learning in our life! It takes away our peace, our hope, our joy, and so much more. It can affect, even change our spirit. John W. Ritenbaugh Beyond the momentary circumstances of our day, there is a greater good that God is always working into our lives if we are turning toward Him and saying “yes” to His purposes in our lives. Everything that God wants for you will happen. It was already instilled in my mind that being successful equates happiness and that is the whole point of my existence here on earth – finding happiness and being happy. Matthew 6:33 is a favorite verse for many. Jesus says how we spend it shows where our heart is. Young's Worry never adds to our lives, it only takes. You just have to trust in Him and let Him guide you in fulfilling it. By being in conscious and constant communication, we are acknowledging God. Yes, a change of heart and mind happened and I am truly grateful to God that I was able to experience it (And up to this day I am constantly being changed by Him.). Could we have any better companion than God? What was the first of the Seven Laws of Success? He also knows it would be very difficult to change our minds regarding their value if he confronted us directly. Photo by Kelvin Valerio on Pexels.com. So, did I make a lot of money? Specifically, I wanted to be rich (like filthy rich,) with sport cars and olympic-size swimming pools. What works for Nicky and Rea may not work for you, but it’s a great start. "Matthew 6:33, I focus on my blessingswith an attitude of gratitude.Content I have food to share;grateful my friends care;happy to have a roof over my head,even though it leaks...For I am alive!I am secure in the knowledgethat I love and that I am loved,and that I have the gift of understanding,and the knack of empathy.I am grateful.I am blessed.- Tanja Cilia. …and His righteousness means we must seek His laws, His statutes, as found in the Bible, God’s Word. ( Log Out /  Change ). ( Log Out /  Notice what Jesus says earlier in Matthew 6: Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. Every day another 24 hours or 1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds is credited to our account, and we have to spend them. But how? Be grateful.2. Because the very moment we decided to seek Him first and chose to have an intimate relationship with Him, everything was added to us. Matthew 4:3-4 We are bringing Him into the picture, obeying Matthew 6:33 by seeking Him first. You sought Him and served Him with everything that you are; but where were all of the things you wanted and desired before — being successful, working in a multinational company, having expensive stuff went? We have our own desires, few of which might be one of the following: “But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.” – Matthew 6: 33, I read the last part twice, processing the wisdom which was right in front of me – “…and all these things will be given to you as well.”. Psalm 119:165 Or a change of heart happened? In the process of seeking God’s Kingdom and righteousness we will know that God only wants what’s best for us. asked a receptionist. That being said, my heart, my mind, and my body is in it for the long haul — every inch of my being already caught by the vision. And as our relationship with Him grows, our faith increases also. If you are still studying and you are dying to be in a relationship with someone but God is telling you to wait, be patient.