It is the only time it's mentioned in the film: "It's grand to be an Englishman in 1910 / King Edward's on the throne; it's the age of men!" Mary Poppins Soundtrack - Miscellaneous Album Lyrics; 1. An adaptation of this song called "Precision and Order" is evident in the stage musical version. Test your MusicIQ here! In the lyric, 6:01 is a reference to time. Taking on its current name in 1986, The Walt Disney Company expanded its existing operations and also started divisions focused upon theatre, radio, music, publishing, and online media. "The Life I Lead Lyrics." Lyrics from Mary PoppinsComposed by Robert B. Sherman and Richard M. ShermanPerformed by David Tomlinson as Mr. Banks, I feel a surge of deep satisfactionMuch as a king astride his noble steedWhen I return from daily strife to hearth and wifeHow pleasant is the life I leadI run my home precisely on scheduleAt 6:01, I march through my doorMy slippers, sherry and pipe are due at 6:02Consistent is the life I leadIt's grand to be an Englishman in 1910King Edward's on the throneIt's the Age of MenI'm the lord of my castleThe sovereign, the liegeI treat my subjects, servants, children, wifeWith a firm but gentle handNoblesse obligeIt's 6:03, and the heirs to my dominionAre scrubbed and tubbed and adequately fedAnd so I'll pat them on the head and send them off to bedAh, lordly is the life I leadA British nanny must be a generalThe future empire lies within her handsAnd so the person that we need to mold the breedIs a nanny who can give commandsA British bank is run with precisionA British home requires nothing lessTradition, discipline and rules must be the toolsWithout them: disorder, catastrophe, anarchyIn short, you have a ghastly messLyrics transcribed by Disneyclips.com. Lyrics.com.   The song is first sung as George Banks (played by David Tomlinson) marches through the front door of his home, on "[his] return from daily strife to hearth and wife". The original 1964 album release features seventeen tracks, consisting of sixteen songs and one overture track of film score. Jolly Holiday: 9. In the lyric, 6:01 is a reference to time. The song is reprised several times throughout the film, with Julie Andrews also singing a verse. The music is now more somber and is retitled, "A Man Has Dreams". The final reprise is sung when Banks thinks he has lost everything. Music arranger Irwin Kostal used the theme from this song as the leitmotif of George Banks, as it most expresses the way he "marches" through life. (2 fans), Sheet Music  The original books were set in 1934 but due to the film's great popularity, 1910 became the base point at which the stories took place. It is through this song that the audience learns what year the story takes place. A Spoonful Of Sugar: 4.   Some lyrics of the song say:Lyricist Robert B. Sherman was making an inside comment about his own life. The final reprise is sung when Banks thinks he has lost everything. Some lyrics of the song say:Lyricist Robert B. Sherman was making an inside comment about his own life. Music arranger Irwin Kostal used the theme from this song as the leitmotif of the protagonist George Banks, as it most expresses the way he "marches" through life. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! The music is now more somber and is retitled, "A Man Has Dreams". The song is first sung as George Banks (played by David Tomlinson) marches through the front door of his home, on "[his] return from daily strife to hearth and wife". The final reprise is sung when Banks thinks he has lost everything. Let's Go Fly A Kite: 10. Think you know music? "The Life I Lead" is a song from the 1964 Walt Disney film Mary Poppins, composed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman.Music arranger Irwin Kostal used the theme from this song as the leitmotif of George Banks, as it most expresses the way he "marches" through life.. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Having just secured a position with the Walt Disney Company, he also purchased a home in Beverly Hills, California. Playlist, Written by: Richard Sherman, Robert Sherman. In the songwriter's personal life, it was the address of his home. At 6:01, I march through my door, My slippers, sherry and pipe are due at 6:02, Consistent is the life I lead... "The Life I Lead - Walt Disney's Mary Poppins", Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Life_I_Lead&oldid=985197662, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Feed The Birds: 6. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! It is the largest media conglomerate in the world in terms of revenue. . The Life I Lead lyrics performed by Mary Poppins: I feel a surge of deep satsfaction Much as a king astride his noble steed When I return from daily strife to hearth and wife How pleasant is the life I lead Mary Poppins: Original Cast Soundtrack is the soundtrack album of the 1964 film Mary Poppins, with music and lyrics written by songwriters Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman, and adapted and conducted by Irwin Kostal.. It is the only time it's mentioned in the film: "It's grand to be an Englishman in 1910 /, This page was last edited on 24 October 2020, at 15:11. "The Life I Lead" is a song from the 1964 Walt Disney film Mary Poppins, composed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman. An adaptation of this song called "Precision and Order" is evident in the stage musical version. The plaque is still at that location. I Love To Laugh: 8. Overture: 11. It is through this song that the audience learns what year the story takes place. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.   13 Nov. 2020. more », The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS), commonly referred to as Disney, is an American diversified multinational mass media corporation headquartered in Walt Disney Studios, Burbank, California, United States. Lyrics from Mary Poppins Composed by Robert B. Sherman and Richard M. Sherman Performed by David Tomlinson as Mr. Banks. Pavement Artist (Chim Chim Cher-ee) 12. A British Bank (The Life I Lead) 2. The house is located at 601 North Oakhurst Drive. In addition, it has created new divisions of t… more », FAVORITE It is the only time it's mentioned in the film: "It's grand to be an Englishman in 1910 / King Edward's on the throne; it's the age of men!" Web. Chim Chim Cher-ee: 5. Although he moved away from that house in 1969, years later a more recent owner put up a plaque which reads: "Casa Poppins" because it was in that house that Sherman lived during the writing of Mary Poppins. Mary Poppins The Life I Lead Lyrics. "The Life I Lead" is a song from the 1964 Walt Disney film Mary Poppins, composed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman. The original books were set in 1934 but due to the film's great popularity, 1910 became the base point at which the stories took place. An adaptation of this song called "Precision and Order" is evident in the stage musical version. Founded on October 16, 1923, by Walt and Roy Disney as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, Walt Disney Productions established itself as a leader in the American animation industry before diversifying into live-action film production, television, and travel. The house is located at 601 North Oakhurst Drive. [1] The song is reprised several times throughout the film, with Julie Andrews also singing a verse. This new, preset date was later used to inform the 1930s setting of the 2018 sequel film, Mary Poppins Returns. "A Man Has Dreams" is a song from the 1964 Walt Disney film Mary Poppins, written by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman. Having just secured a position with the Walt Disney Company, he also purchased a home in Beverly Hills, California. "The Life I Lead" is a song from the 1964 Walt Disney film Mary Poppins, composed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman. Music arranger Irwin Kostal used the theme from this song as the leitmotif of the protagonist George Banks, as it most expresses the way he "marches" through life. I feel a surge of deep satisfaction Much as a king astride his noble steed When I return from daily strife to hearth and wife How pleasant is the life I lead I run my home precisely on schedule At 6:01, I march through my door A Man Has Dreams: 3. The plaque is still at that location. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/3159158/Disney, A Man Has Dreams (The Life I Lead) / A Spoonful of Sugar [Medley]. Fidelity Fiduciary Bank: 7. The music is now more somber and is retitled, "A Man Has Dreams". "The Life I Lead" is a song from the film Mary Poppins. It describes the punctual, efficient, but distant way in which he runs his household. This new, preset date was later used to inform the 1930s setting of the 2018 sequel film, Mary Poppins Returns. In the songwriter's personal life, it was the address of his home. It was composed by the Sherman Brothers and sung by George Banks. Although he moved away from that house in 1969, years later a more recent owner put up a plaque which reads: "Casa Poppins" because it was in that house that Sherman lived during the writing of Mary Poppins. It is through this song that the audience learns what year the story takes place. The song serves as the introductory one as well as the leitmotif for George and is performed by him as he is walking home from work.