Website: https://www.marksandspencer.com/. My next step was into our International Franchise Group; I spent five years there in all and what an experience! Marks and Spencer. This was aimed at engaging our 4,000 Section Managers in the importance of their role. Grampian House "mobileSiteStripe": false, To speak to us about an order you’ve placed, ask us a question about delivery or for gift card and gift voucher queries’. If I were able to make some changes, I’d make it easier for people returning to work after maternity or paternity leave to explore the options available. PH1 3GH, For businesses and other organisations to order large volumes of gift cards and e-gift cards, Bank Holiday Monday the line will be CLOSED. continue I looked at lots of options, including leaving, but finally had a very adult conversation with my boss who was brilliant and very supportive. For me, it’s about skills not gender. This is a massive task. To speak to us about an order you’ve placed, ask us a question about delivery or for gift card and gift voucher queries’, If you have made a purchase in store and are contacting us to add your Sparks points, you can now do this here, If you have an issue or query regarding your Sparks account. }, Covid-19 update: shop with confidence in our stores, Free home delivery when you spend over £50, Order by 8pm for next-day delivery for £4.99, Shop with confidence with our extended returns policy. FROM GRADUATE TRAINEE TO HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. Whoever you are, if you’re the kind of person who’s keen to learn about the brand and loves to explore different opportunities, you’ll thrive here. The best rule of thumb is to think how would you like to be treated. By Email or Live Chat. "mobileSiteStripe": false, This is the 16 digit number printed across the centre of the card. We spend 10 minutes with Sarah Findlater, Head of Organisational Development, and find out our position on gender diversity. She describes her role as challenging, inspiring and fun. Call: 1-866-339-1626 ex. "Basket":{ Getting it right is a tough challenge but there is no better feeling than helping a customer get exactly what they need. There is so much variety in what I do. We’re hosting several events at M&S in honour of IWD 2016. 28 years later, she’s still with the business and has risen to the heights of Head of Customer Service. I read a customer email when I was on holiday recently. May 2015 – Jan 20182 years 9 months. Bring a little joy to their lives with snuggly knits in fun patterns and classic colours, Big and snowy or cute and small, discover the perfect Christmas tree for your home, Get that fuzzy festive feeling in our knitwear, including pure cashmere styles, Great value style, from winter coats to zoom-ready dresses, Our silky PJs, nightdresses and robes are almost too good for bedtime, Snuggle up indoors in our cosy PJs or gift them to someone special, Unbox 12 individually wrapped mini cosmetics in the run-up to Christmas, From expert skincare to must-have make-up, find a gift for every beauty lover, Stay snug in soft cashmere, merino knits, warm lambswool and recycled-yarn jumpers, Get winter-ready for less with big savings on outerwear, whatever your style, The play possibilities are endless with toys from Early Learning Centre and more, From sweet dreams to not getting dressed all day, Stay warm and snug while it’s cold outside. Store Manager Tom and our Bracknell team are gearing up for their new store opening. in Scotland 0800-300-999 She describes her role as challenging, inspiring and fun. Our customers appreciate the extra effort we make. “I’ve covered quite a lot of ground at M&S. Being able to call on my network is really important. I really wanted to be there for him. Head Office address: Waterside House, 35 N Wharf Rd, Paddington, London W2 1NW, UK. What we do has to exceed expectations not just meet them. Paul Spencer joined M&S Bank as Interim CEO in February 2019 and was appointed CEO in May 2019. The ‘special’ of our service proposition is very much in the detail of what we do. Cost will be no more than a local call from a landline, and for mobile packages these numbers will b e included in your inclusive minutes or discount scheme. I called the Menswear Director to help get the items and take the pressure off the store colleague.