The Best Easy Marble Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is better than any bakery cake you can buy. There are 2 ways in which you can add cocoa powder to the cake batter in this recipe. See my buttercream recipe post here for full details. Sure! Next, drop spoonfuls of the cocoa batter. When we are done here, you will look like a buttercream master. Repeat the process to smooth out any bulges of icing you see on the cake in between the slanting lines created in the step above. If you get the chance to try it out Jamie, let me know what you think! Either way, when marbling the cake batter (see my instructions above), make sure to not cut through the batter all the way down until your knife or skewer touches the cake pan underneath. You are ready to take on more cake challenges. Stir in one cup of the cake batter, until it's thoroughly incorporated. These are the ingredients that go into this marble butter cake: And these are the ingredients for the marbled buttercream: Here’s how the baked marble butter cake would look like: Here is the printable version of my marble butter cake recipe. Check it out at, Buttercream, Cake Decorating, Cake Recipe, (3 Layer) 6-inch or (2 Layer) 8-inch round cake, Clear alcohol, like Vodka or lemon extract. Mix in the heavy whipping cream. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at. This marble cake recipe can be doubled or tripled or even quadrupled if you like. I swirled together two shades of colorful cake batter in each layer to create this cheerful cake design. Luckily after some taste testing and some additional powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream it turned out better than the original. Transfer ¼ of the icing into a small bowl. This time, fill in the gaps between the plain vanilla batter. Just follow steps 9 and 10 in the recipe card. We 10x it so you get the results you want most. This marble butter cake is made using the creaming method, which means butter and sugar are creamed first before the eggs are added in. Leave aside. Mix until it forms a smooth paste. All you’ll do is melt the chocolate and stir it into 1 cup of the yellow batter. Ah, memories! This time, scoop the plain vanilla batter onto the earlier cocoa batter. Barely mix the buttercreams, so the colors are still separated with the white. . :-) Don’t worry, I’m laying off the cake for….a little while! Using a measuring cup, place 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and pour milk in to the ⅔ cup line. The marble butter cake recipe on this page is a combination of plain white cake and chocolate cake. Add the eggs, one at a time. Stopping by from Raising Homemakers today. Fold these sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture in batches. If are working in a hot environment, you might want to substitute some of the butter with shortening. If both are at the same temperature, this will not happen, however, since butter is hard when its cold, it would typically be softened at room temperature. Marble Buttercream Cakes Are Mesmerizing and Basically Magic — Here's How It's Done this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Remove the marble cake from the fridge, and apply another coat of buttercream. Hello You Designs. Place your cake on a turntable. Sometimes all that’s left is just a slice of cake…. Start by dropping the plain cake batter, using an ice cream scoop, or ¼th measuring cup, all over the bottom of the cake pan. As for parchment lined tins, touching the paper during marbling is fine, but just don’t overdo it to the point the paper is torn or cut. These different colored and flavoured batters are typically mixed to create pretty swirls in the cake, hence the name, marble cakes. This marble butter cake is good to be served on the very same day it is baked. You can also use Trader Joe’s pound plus bar. After all the cutting through, you can see that the cake batter is all nicely marbled. Miz Helen, When do you add the whipping cream to the frosting. To complete the cake, I frosted it with matching marbled buttercream in simple vanilla and chocolate flavors. The Best Easy Marble Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is better than any bakery cake you can buy. Place the cake on a turntable. Slowly bring the knife up to the top of the cake without lifting it off the cake as you rotate your turntable with your other hand. And that’s my marble butter cake with marbled buttercream frosting for you. Repeat the palette knife lines for the cake top, starting from the edges to the center of the cake. Please refer to my cake tin size guide in the recipe card below for the exact measurement. Add some milk if the icing is too stiff. Be sure to leave spaces to drop the chocolate batter. If you see tiny moist crumbs sticking to the skewer, the butter cakes are good to be removed from the oven. You will find the full details of my cake tin size guide in the recipe card below. Read More! Fold in the sifted flour (sift the flour with baking powder and salt) alternatively with milk. When you remove them, let them sit at room temperature with the cling wraps on. Hold your palette knife at the bottom of the marble cake as shown. This is a fabulous cake, can’t wait to have a slice! Set aside. In two small bowls, color the white vanilla buttercream with a small drop of black gel food coloring. Non-Stick Cooking Spray and Parchment Paper, Clear alcohol, like vodka or lemon extract. I knew that I would have to test out a recipe beforehand of course, and what perfect time to test out cake than on Mother’s Day. Everyone raved over the cake, which is why there was only one slice left for me to photograph. Thanks for sharing , Yum! Preheat oven to 170°Celsius. Bring the palette knife up slowly towards the top of the cake as you rotate the turntable to create the slanting lines on the sides of the cake. This is to ensure the ingredients are all well mixed as they are supposed too. If their spring back, they are baked and can be removed from the oven. Remove the cake from fridge and apply a full layer of buttercream. For example, do X number of scoops, leaving an inch or so between those scoops. So glad to have brought back some childhood memories. This recipe makes 2 layers of marble butter cakes, each measuring approximately 2 inches in height. When sandwiched together, it will make a marble cake of 4 inches in height. Each slice is like a little work of art. Mix the cocoa powder into a thick paste. Use your icing scraper again, to smooth the chocolate icing on the cake. Place your cake on a turntable. Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans, set aside. Next, use a spatula to attach the chocolate icing randomly on the cake. Hey, I'm Joanna, and I'm so glad that you stopped by! Coffee Layer Cake with Polka Dots Coffee Buttercream ». Sift in the cocoa powder and mix until the cocoa powder is all well distributed. In doing this, make sure not to press the palette knife too hard into the icing or you will end up scraping it off the cake. This looks amazing! Food coloring gets darker over time, so it's best to add the food coloring gradually. We won’t discuss the use of tips and piping bags, just know that I had to take it over because apparently icing a cake has yet to be discussed in class. Crumb coat the cake with a thin layer of buttercream and refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes for the crumb coat to set. Never layer the batter as a short cut. I go over these steps in great detail in this free course, here. How could I turn down help in the kitchen on Mother’s Day? Mix well. Now drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter in those spaces that you've left. Remove one-third of the batter into a smaller plate and add the cocoa powder-milk paste to it. Apply a thin layer of crumb coat and refrigerate the cake until set (approximately 15 minutes). And that’s pretty much how you make the marbled effect with buttercream. In a small bowl, sift the cocoa powder and mix with a quarter of the milk mentioned in the recipe. Continue with the alternate scooping until the cake batter is all used up. And the cocoa batter onto the earlier plain vanilla cake batter. Remove from the freezer and allow to defrost in the fridge for 24 hours before frosting. It’ll look beautiful against the white and grey of the marble. Wrap the cake layers in plastic wrap and freeze up to one month. Slowly bring the knife up to the top of the cake without lifting it off the cake as you rotate your turntable with your other hand. It can last at room temperature for a good 4 to 5 days provided it is handled without any moisture. You could also use a bundt pan too. Six inches square cakes or Seven inches round cakes. The first method is by mixing it with milk and folding it into the portioned cake batter. Don't over mix, this batter is thick. Fold in the milk-cocoa paste and mix until it is well distributed. Add cocoa powder and mix well. Once the cake is generally smooth, its time to make the slanting lines pattern on the marbled buttercream cake. If you wish to keep it longer, refrigerate the cake in an airtight container. The story has a happy ending though! Finally, fold in the vanilla essence. The acetate is what you will build the marbled buttercream onto before transferring it to the cake. April 12, 2020 by Priya Maha Leave a Comment. Full details on how to create the marble cake and the marbled buttercream are in the section below. Remove ⅓ of the batter into a small bowl. It is an investment your future self will thank you for. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and creamy. Your email address will not be published. This can scrape your grease and flour lining on the cake tin, causing you baked marble butter cake to get stuck to the tin after baking. This post contains affiliate links. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside. For marble cakes larger than 10 inches in diameter, it is advisable to use a heating core or baking strips to ensure the cakes bake uniformly and level. Alternate the batter in each tin and cut through with a jam knife or skewer to create a marbled efferct. Self raising flour + baking powder + salt.