Her birthday date is 24th October 1976. I exist because I can act. I made my debut in Cannes! She claimed that she never rented or owned an apartment in Paris. Her spouse is Karan Singh Gill (m. 2000–2001). Mallika Sherawat marries boyfriend Cyrille Auxenfans in Paris? But it's by sheer hard work and focus that I am here. This was in 2000. Home » Bollywood Updates » Bollywood Actress Biography » Mallika Sherawat family, marriage, husband name, age, height, wallpapers, birthday, biography, details, birthplace, instagram, wiki, imdb, twitter, youtube, facebook, awards, website. "I've slogged like crazy to get where I am. (Stardust, March 2003), "I graduated from Delhi, and came down to Bombay to try my hand at films. On 14 August 2009,Above all, Sherawat received honorary citizenship of Los Angeles in recognition of her career achievements and charitable work. [7] Endeavour Independent bought the distribution rights of Hisss. Jackie Chan launched me there as an actress! "[5] and the film did moderately well at the box office. [16] She has a degree in philosophy from Miranda House, Delhi University. In 2004, she starred in Murder, a film inspired by Hollywood's Unfaithful. She plays Aretha Gupta, a devoted local Obama volunteer coordinator. She got an awards like Renaissance Artist Award, Best Actress, Star of the Year – Female, International Youth Icon Award, Screen Award for Best Comedian and many more. [28], Her first release in 2007 was Mani Ratnam's Guru, in which she performed the song "Mayya Mayya." She has a brother named Vikram Lamba. The first opportunity I got to act, I grabbed it. She is living at Rohtak. She later divorced him. [12] She adopted the screen name of "Mallika", meaning "empress", to avoid confusion with other actresses named Reema. Has a degree in Philosophy from Miranda House, Delhi University. Directed by Australian-born Drew Heriot. [38] She plays Aretha Gupta, a devoted local Obama volunteer coordinator. She's declined roles in serials like Hasratien and Zanjeerin. |  "[22] She received a nomination for 'Best Actress' at the Zee Cine Awards for her performance in Murder. [5][6], Since then, she has appeared in successes like Aap Ka Suroor, Welcome (both 2007) — her biggest commercial success so far — and Double Dhamaal (2011). No, I made acting happen to me. The film is a romantic comedy set during Barack Obama's campaign for the US presidency. [19] She also appeared in Nirmal Pandey's "Maar Dala" and Surjit Bindrakhia's "Lak Tunoo" music video. Sherawat starred in another Hollywood film, Politics of Love, aka Love, Barack, directed by William Dear. ", "Mallika Sherawat shuts down rumours of being married: I am very much single", "Mallika Sherawat discusses women's rights at UN", "Mallika Sherawat LOCKS Herself In Cage During Cannes 2018", "Cannes 2018: Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause", "Mallika to shake a leg as Laila in 'Tezz", "Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai Season 2 Episode 28", "4th Annual Central European Bollywood Awards", "Mallika Sherawat bags International Youth Icon Award - Bollywood Movie News - IndiaGlitz.com", "Screen Awards 2016: Complete List of Winners", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mallika_Sherawat&oldid=983131096, Articles with dead external links from September 2010, Wikipedia indefinitely semi-protected biographies of living people, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Special appearance; credited as Reema Lamba, This page was last edited on 12 October 2020, at 12:31. Mallika is good friends with the Princess. And I always knew that I wanted to be an actress. I always wanted to be an actress. [39] It was released in 2011. She was given the Team Jersey City's Arts Honree for this year award. Both are basically doing the same thing!" The first thought that flashed through my mind was, 'Where did my journey begin and look where I am today'. See more Info like Mallika Sherawat family, marriage, husband name, age, height, wallpapers, birthday, biography, details, birthplace, instagram, wiki, imdb, twitter, youtube, facebook, awards, website. "[26], Her performance in the 2006 film Pyaar Ke Side Effects, co-starring Rahul Bose, won her praise from around the industry,[27] with critic Raja Sen commenting, "Mallika steals the show with her disarming candour. Both were unsuccessful at the box office. She completed Her education at Model School, Rohtak, Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, University of Delhi. (Cine Bliitz magazine, July 2005), "I never wanted to belong to a crowd. After graduating from college, Mallika got married to Karan Singh Gill, a pilot for Jet Airways. Before acting, she worked as an air hostess. Her net worth is $50 million at post time(2019). Mallika Sherawat age is 42 years. The Myth was her first international film. They all kept screaming, 'Jackie, Mallika, Jackie, Mallika! Publicity Listings I am right on the ball. She accepted the Advisory Board membership of the Asian Academy of film and television supporting the film education in India. However,The film is a romantic comedy set during Barack Obama’s campaign for the US presidency. [47] During the 2018 Cannes Film Festival, Sherawat had herself locked in a cage for twelve hours to support the Free A Girl India NGO. I'm so happy nobody went to the theaters to watch the film. [18] However, Sherawat's family has rebutted this as a story created by her to give her an aura of a rustic girl who made it big in Bollywood. I find it very tiresome to put up a fake smile, say the right things, be diplomatic. She got married on 2000 with her husband/ spouse Karan Singh Gill (wedding date/ marriage date). Mallika Sherawat has only one brother Vikram Lamba and her mother name is Santosh Sherawat and Father Name is Mukesh Kumar Lamba. She also appeared in item numbers in films such as Thank You (Razia Gundon Mein Phas Gayi), Bin Bulaye Baraati (Shalu Ke Thumkey) and in Osthe (Kalasala), which is a Tamil film. So you can imagine all the fuss. Official Sites. I knew my parents would never let me be an actress, so I had to take the bold step. Mallika Sherawat husband is a Delhi-based pilot. Sherawat won the 2008 Renaissance Artist Award at the 16th Annual Diversity Awards held in California. [33], On 23 April 2013 it was announced that Mallika would star in a reality dating show called Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon ki Mallika. Be like the laughing Buddha, I always say, smile through life! And to top it all Himanshu (Khwahish (2003)) is very good looking. "[30][31], Her 2008 releases were Ugly Aur Pagli and Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam. If the hero can enjoy the kiss, why can't I? It can be change every month/year. Although little about her past is known, she has admitted that she was once married prior to entering the film industry. [13] "Sherawat" is her mother's maiden name[14] She has stated that she uses her mother's maiden name because of the support that her mother has provided her. It seems a really long trip from Rohtak to Cannes. [12], Sherawat went to Delhi Public School, Mathura Road. And my mom, she still wears a ghunghat." And I wasn't there in Cannes as a model or anything like that. Santosh Sherawat. She got many awards like Renaissance Artist Award, Best Actress, Star of the Year – Female, International Youth Icon Award, Screen Award for Best Comedian and many more. Her husband(spouse) is Karan Singh Gill (m. 2000–2001). [36] Hisss was released in all major Indian languages on 22 October 2010.[37]. [44][45] She kept her marriage a secret as the stigma of divorce would've prevented her rise in Bollywood. It was after the divorce that Mallika, then known as Reema, decided to try her luck at movies. Please note that This is approx idea about income of She. Sherawat was born on 24 October 1976 as Reema Lamba in Moth, a small village in Hisar district of Haryana to a Jat family. Nine sets of jewelery were especially designed for Mallika, including diamond studded necklaces, bracelets and earrings. In fact I enjoy reading the comments of the critics. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sherawat starred in another Hollywood film, Politics of Love, aka Love, Barack, directed by William Dear. I have always wanted to be an actress. I felt so important there. She born at Moth, Hisar district, Haryana, India. [15], Before entering films, Sherawat appeared in television commercials with Amitabh Bachchan for BPL and Shah Rukh Khan for Santro. The cost of the diamonds that Mallika wore at the Cannes Film Festival 2005 was Rs 45 million. [35] Sherawat promoted it with live snakes at the Cannes Film Festival 2010. It was released in 2011. Her husband name is Karan Singh Gill (m. 2000–2001). Jain approached the Santa Cruz police station about the matter, but they told him that no one filed a complaint against her. There were thousands of photographers, and it seemed like an endless sea of flashbulbs was popping everywhere. [34], In 2009, Sherawat starred in a Hollywood film named Hisss, co-starring Irrfan Khan and directed by Jennifer Lynch. [11] Mallika's father is named Mukesh Kumar Lamba and she was born in the family of Seth Chhaju Ram, a leading Jat philanthropist. "Sherawat" is her mother's maiden name She has stated that she uses her mother's maiden name because of the support that her mother h… Her age is 42 years at a post published(2019). ", View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, ChrisTreborn's Most ideal INDIAN ACTRESS match for PRINCE WILLIAM. [43], During her brief stint as an air hostess, Sherawat married Delhi-based pilot Karan Singh Gill in 1997. After graduating from college, Mallika got married to Karan Singh Gill, a pilot for Jet Airways. I never had a herd mentality...I always knew what I wanted and I made sure I got it. Mallika turned down the offer in an attempt to avoid the risk of being blacklisted in the Indian film industry. In spite of strong opposition from my orthodox family, I came to Mumbai in 2002 on completion of my graduation from Delhi University. For a while, Mallika worked as an air hostess. She is an actress, known for Murder (2004), The Myth (2005) and Ugly Aur Pagli (2008). When they saw my outfits, their eyes popped out of thier sockets, that's what got their attention!"