The count you have listed is 2 g of sugar. Unlike what you said, the bitterness of the erythritol was so pronounced that no one in the household wanted more than a bite or two. It turned out wonderful! Thank you. Cranberry juice also fights age-related issues like post-menopausal health. You can keep them for more cranberry sauce or add them to smoothies throughout the year. I’m glad they are finally here! Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce! Cranberry juice is low to medium on the glycemic index scale, with scores ranging from 52 to 68 depending on the type. Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles! I prefer confectioner’s-style powdered erythritol as my sweetener of choice. I actually use lingonberries, which are also called lowbush cranberries, and they come from northern climates. Contrary to what you might expect given the high carbohydrate content and medium GI score of cranberry juice, it may actually help you lower your blood sugar levels. Hi Amber, Yes, you could definitely do that! Actually, I wanted to try that out myself but was running out of time. Love cranberries and I’m going to make these! May I substitute Xylitol for the Erythritol? Get 50 classic, easy keto recipes for your holiday table this year, including main dishes, sides, desserts, and more! I can’t imagine using just liquor and sugared fruit. It doesn’t give me the GI issues that come along with erythritol either. (Learn about net carbs here.) !Rhanks Carolyn! Wondering if I could use Swerve confectioners sugar replacement?I have more of that in my pantry than the granular thx! I’m making another batch to use as a jam on toast! Mash with a muddler or a wooden spoon so that each cranberry is mashed. Bought Crystal erythritol and powdered it, 1/4 cup at a time in my mini food processor…ouila! There was the answer to my cranberry cocktail cravings! You’ll also need crushed ice: be sure it’s made from filtered water or spring water for the best, freshest taste. Hi Cassandra, I haven’t tried that so I really don’t know for sure. This time, the drink was just perfect in every way! The Ultimate Weight Loss Kick-Start 7-Day Keto-Paleo Meal Plan, « The Ultimate Dairy-Free Sugar-Free White Chocolate, Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash or Pumpkin ». It will also gel more as it cools. Wash cranberries by filling a large bowl with cold water. Enjoy! Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. Healthy (or not so healthy) homemade cranberry sauce may be a Thanksgiving ordeal for most, but I’m one of those people that makes it all through November. (Fewer berries means fewer carbs as well.). Hi Cate, Yes, absolutely! Posted November 9, 2016 in categories: Keto Low Carb Recipe Videos Keto Low Carb Sauces, Dips & Condiments, Your email address will not be published. Very anxious to have this for Thanksgiving . Erythritol is slightly less sweet than sugar (70% as sweet). text or images) used in this site. One important function is it helps to prevent any urinary tract infection. It compares various Pyure products to sugar. Praying for your speedy recovery. And, there are only so many meals to feed my little family of three (for now!!) Click underlined ingredients to buy them! Used 1 cup. As usual, high-quality ingredients guarantee the best result. Get classic holiday dishes and seasonal favorites, all made low carb, absolutely FREE! They can still keep their shape (see images above for reference) but they should be very soft and easy to eat. Thank you!!! Hi Mary, I haven’t tried that yet, but I have frozen it and it worked great! It sounds like you ground up a granulated one, but that might still not be as fine as a commercially powdered erythritol. But upon reading your recipe, I realized I can indeed make my recipe with a few tweaks. Thanks looking forward to making this for the up coming holidays! I made it for Thanksgiving & it was a big hit with my family. Now that’s what I call magic! It is a stevia and erythritol blend from Walmart. I’m keeping this recipe and making it when a meal beckons cranberry sauce. Just cook it on the longer side and it will get jellied. I haven’t tried it with frozen cranberries but I’m sure it would work. Love the idea of doing ginger syrup. You are right it is way way too thick to strain it. I made this for Thanksgiving and it was delicious. No one would ever know that there is no added sugar. I didn’t tell my guests until after dinner that this was a sugarless Keto recipe. https://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/sugar-free-cranberry-caipirinha/, Privacy Policy, Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure. I appreciate any help and advice you can give me. I agree, Edward! Mix sugar and water in a large sauce pan and bring to boil. This made my first low-carb Thanksgiving so much better. Okay! Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook. I would add seltzer water to this to make a long drink and probably use the orange stevia or some orange bitters. I’m Elviira, Certified Keto Coach, Certified Nutritional Adviser, and Finland-based blogger. Is there a difference in flavor when you use granulated erythritol vs. powdered erythritol? And for the cachaça, I found after some research that most recipes seemed to use 5 centiliters (50 grams) cachaça. With Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching I was just thinking about a low carb cranberry sauce. It’s good that you used confectioner’s because that takes longer to crystallize – usually a couple of days. Put in bag in freezer. By the way I LOVE all your recipes and this is the first one that really didn’t turn out. The recipe is very forgiving in terms of which sweetener you want to use. I love sugar-free cocktails and other sugar-free drinks. Fortunately I had another bag of cranberries so I cooked them without sweetener and added them to the finished relish. It tastes just like sugar to me. Anyone else with this problem? Was going to throw it in overnight and then cannot for transport the next day. This was DELICIOUS! I’m looking forward to making this for thanksgiving. Hi! I used confectioners Swerve. It’s so easy and so good that I always make it for Thanksgiving. I could use fresh cranberries plus cachaça, and I’d need an appropriate sweetener (the original caipirinha uses sugar) and crushed ice. I press the cooked sweetened cranberries through a wire strainer with a spoon and that makes a great jellied cranberry just like the “canned”. I would tend to undersweeten. It’s as close to Single. So I had a couple questions to ponder. How long can I store in fridge before it turns grainy? Love your blog.Carol. After seeing my wry face, my seven-year-old wanted to smell the cachaça, too. The favorite choice for the term "Cranberry Juice" is 1 cup of Cranberry Juice which has about 34 grams of carbohydrate . The fresh cranberries, the fresh smoothies for a healthy start. Personally, I love the crushed cranberries in this drink; they gather flavor and they are nice to chew on. I think powdered erythritol works best here together with liquid stevia, but feel free to use another natural sweetener. No one will guess it’s a low sugar cranberry sauce, where the only sugars come from the cranberries. The drink was neither too sour nor too sweet — at least to my taste. You’ll find also an alcohol-free version at the end of the post.