Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. WW Recipe of the Day: Favorite Low-Calorie Recipes for Pumpkin Bread, Muffins & Scones I have a difficult time getting visions of pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin scones, healthy pumpkin cake, healthy pumpkin pie, and healthy low-fat pumpkin cookies out of my head this time of year. I lightened these up by using less sugar, pumpkin puree instead of oil, and non-fat plain Greek yogurt. That’s nothing! There is only 0.67 tablespoon of pumpkin in each muffin. Whisk until uniform. Reach out for bulk pricing or plate orders: Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Use your favorite pumpkin pie spice blend, An added ¼ tsp each of ground nutmeg, cardamom, star anise, allspice, and/or clove will enhance the muffins with more. Filed under: Breakfast, Food Groups, Fruit, Grains, Recipe, Tags: grains, low calorie, muffins, pumpkin. These muffins are delicate until they cool … Jessica will teach you exactly how to thrive with all the best ingredients and enjoy the journey along the way. Less sugar and fat, these low calorie pumpkin muffins are great for breakfast. These look delicious. Dinner Tonight: Quick and Healthy Menus in 45 Minutes (or Less), Make These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins In Your Blender. Low- Fat Pumpkin Pie Muffins Food.com cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, baking soda, pumpkin puree, whole wheat flour and 4 more Quinoa Oat Pumpkin Muffins Amy's Cooking Adventures salt, unsweetened applesauce, ground flax, baking powder, cooked quinoa and 12 more These Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins are low in fat and sugar, but they're so moist and flavorful because they're packed with pumpkin and applesauce! Mix well. A pinch of sweetness (without the blood sugar roller coaster and crazy mental/emotional triggers) is made possible in this recipe by Lakanto’s Monkfruit sweetener. For many baked goods, it’s not too hard to make substitutions that won’t really impact your taste or texture. I also add about 1 tsp vanilla to the wet ingredients. cinnamon½ tsp. Leftover muffins may be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or so. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cuisine: American. Making Healthy Pumpkin Breads, Muffins and Scones There are no endless piles of bowls and spoons to clean—it almost feels like magic. Your email address will not be published. healthy chocolate pumpkin muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, low calorie pumpkin muffin, pumpkin muffin, Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spices (or a mixture of these spices till you have one teaspoon: cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground ginger). Pour the batter into a greased or lined 12-cup muffin pan. There are many delicious coconut products for keto and low oxalate diets! Serve them for breakfast or as a grab-and-go snack. Credit: pumpkin pie spice1½ tsp. . These healthy pumpkin muffins clock in at just under 100 calories per serving—and you'd never guess that they were made in a blender. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the pumpkin mixture, Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened. I’m so happy you got to share these <3, These muffins look so perfectly moist! Info. Keyword: Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins. Lisa Lillien is the author of the popular Hungry Girl website and email newsletter, featuring smart, funny advice on guilt-free eating. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Preheat oven to 400°. Coyote Ugly Turns 20: Where Is the Cast Now? Offers may be subject to change without notice. RELATED: Hungry Girl: Upgrade Your Breakfast With My Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Muffins, Prep time: 20 minutesCook time: 20 minutes, Nutritional Information: 1 muffin: 106 calories, 2g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 233mg sodium, 23g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g sugars, 4g protein. Our podcast with Sally K. Norton, a leading expert on oxalate research, may be shocking to hear but oxalate levels can have a big impact on your health! These healthy pumpkin-oatmeal muffins will get you in the mood for fall. With 6 simple keto-friendly ingredients, 5 easy steps, and 30 minutes, your kitchen will soon be smelling of cinnamon. Many baked goods can be cut in half with the amount of sugar in the original recipe, and it still tastes great! Get push notifications with news, features and more. Oh, these looks absolutely delicious. Here's why we should all lean in harder and embrace our comfort-food cravings. With only 4-ingredients (plus spices) these muffins are a fun, low calorie way to celebrate the change in weather. So feel free to add it to your weekly menu. Second, I replaced the oil a regular muffin would use and added the canned pumpkin. That makes only 1.5 net carb per muffin! Mix egg, sugar, milk, pumpkin puree, yogurt, and vanilla together. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. vanilla extractOptional topping: powdered sugar. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm on the top. What I Love About This Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins Recipe. I’m trying to find more recipes with coconut flour ever since I buy a big batch of the stuff. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. With only 4-ingredients (plus spices) these muffins are a fun, low calorie way to celebrate the change in weather. With whipped topping and chocolate drizzle: Your email address will not be published. Oil or spray muffin tins with cooking spray. First of all, the simplest healthy swap to make is just to reduce the sugar. Coconut flour is great to buy in bulk and keep in the pantry. Eat them cold or reheat in the broiler or toaster oven. This recipe only uses 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree which is then divided into 12 muffins. Course: Snack. 5 from 8 votes. They are great for packing into lunch and taking on the go since they are compact and will never give you a messy spill. With a focus on from scratch, homemade cooking, animal-based nutrition, and easy DIY beauty and personal care recipes, there’s always something new going on in her kitchen! Don’t confuse pumpkin puree for canned pumpkin pie filling! Under no circumstances shall the this website and the author be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the given nutritional information. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. salt1 cup canned pure pumpkin½ cup (about 4 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute⅓ cup Truvia spoonable no-calorie sweetener (or another natural brand that’s about twice as sweet as sugar)¼ cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk2 tsp. Serve warm or cold. I love that they are GF and Low in Carbs! Flavour was good but my batch only made 11 teeny tiny muffins. Hundreds of delicious recipes, paired with simple sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir oats, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder, pumpkin … Your email address will not be published. Oxalate comes from oxalic acid which is made by plants for biological purposes. To make ahead: Wrap airtight and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Not only is coconut flour gluten-free, but it is also low oxalate diet approved! Pumpkin anything is our fave, love that they’re gluten free too. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt (if using). It is a natural plant compound found in foods like spinach, Swiss chard, almonds, soy, cacao, and others. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Unfortunately, with great flavor comes great calorie counts — that’s why now is the time to start stockpiling recipes for healthy pumpkin treats! Learn more about Jessica…. There’s nothing wrong with using pumpkin on a keto diet, in fact there are many tasty pumpkin-inspired recipes to make! My kids love them for breakfast. Home » Blog » Recipe » Healthy & Light Low Calorie Pumpkin Muffins, Posted on September 22, 2020 by Amy Roskelley. She is the creator of many low calorie recipes author of weight loss books. Fall is so special. These healthy pumpkin-oatmeal muffins will get you in the mood for fall. Mmm, yes. ★ FOLLOW PRIMAL EDGE HEALTH on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and FACEBOOK for more low-carb, ketogenic recipes and diet tips! Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir oats, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs together in a large bowl until fully incorporated. Store in a freezer bag or container for up to 6 months. Substitute in equal measurements. Delicious, light and fluffy, low in calories, these chocolate pumpkin muffins don’t compromise a thing! Cook Time 20 mins. 1 large egg, slightly beaten (used egg beaters), 1.5 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine, melted. Since coconut is technically a fruit, not a true nut, it is low in anti-nutrients and does not require soaking or sprouting like grains, nuts, and seeds. 1x 2x 3x. Mother of 3, runner, and recent wellness NPC competitor. And finally, I added some non-fat Greek Yogurt to the pumpkin muffins! All Right Reserved. They are not the same thing. It’s baa-aack! After baking, top with a little cinnamon-Greek yogurt, or almond butter for a nutritious breakfast or snack. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Check the ingredient list to be sure it is just one ingredient with no spices or sugar added. 13g of sugar might seem high – but most muffins have over 30g! With only 20 calories per muffin, these are extremely light. Here is some guidance from a registered dietitian on foods and drinks that may help you feel just a little bit better if you get sick with COVID-19. Many times I use apple sauce, because it doesn’t change the flavor much. A hot cup of ginger tea perhaps? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. And if you’re looking for another pumpkin treat, blend up this guilt-free pumpkin milkshake ASAP. These muffins are here to prove it! Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. These cups are freezer friendly and work well in weekly meal prep. So what’s inside? Jessica Haggard is the creator of Primal Edge Health, where she shares simple, nourishing low-carb, keto and carnivore diet recipes. (Batter will be thick.). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin-cup liners, round pieces of parchment paper, or spray the tin with cooking spray. Resulting mineral deficiencies cause growth, reproductive, bone, and other problems. Course: Breakfast. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. It’s nice to be able to satisfy a craving and enjoy the festive fall flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon without going on a crazy binge. Sprinkling the muffins with pecans adds a nutty crunch to every bite. The Costco Muffin weighs in at 600 calories! These muffins only have 2g of fat per muffin and 13g of sugar. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. While store-bought muffins can range from anywhere to 300-600 calories, and add more than 20g of fat, 70g of carbs, and 50g of sugar to your day, these ultra-satisfying muffins pack in almost 5g of protein for less than 100 calories, 3g of fat, 6g of sugar, and 16g of carbs. This muffin recipe is the perfect one to start you off, since it’s simple and low in calories (each muffin has just 106 of ‘em). (check our my low calorie zucchini muffin here!). Keyword: healthy chocolate pumpkin muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, low calorie pumpkin muffin, pumpkin muffin. 6. It’s easy! Primal Edge Health LLC may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for any orders made through these links. Quick dinner ideas, nutrition tips, and fresh seasonal recipes. Print Pin Rate. Jump to Recipe. But, the recipe for this lightened up pumpkin muffin (even with the cool whip on top) is only 114 calories! In a large bowl mix together flour with brown sugar (or Splenda sugar if using) baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves until well combined. I will have to give these a go soon. I use whole white wheat flour insteat of the all purpose flour.