Required fields are marked *, Sign up for the Gamezebo Daily Newsletter, Lonely Mountains: Downhill [Switch] Review – Wheelie Good, https://www.gamezebo.com/2020/08/31/lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-review-wheelie-good/, https://www.gamezebo.com/author/maria-alexander/, Life of Boris: Super Slav [Switch] Review – Don’t Play This, Slide Stars Guide – How to Keep Your Favorite YouTubers Alive, Everything You Need to Know About Speed 3 Grand Prix, #1 in Game Reviews, Walkthroughs and Tips. If the country setting of a Nintendo Account is different, the details of this offer may be adjusted (for example, the price will be displayed in the respective local currency). And it’s total bliss. The only real issue with Lonely Mountains: Downhill – aside from rare performance hiccups – is that for some players there may not be enough content to get their teeth into. If you pre-order less than 7 days before the release date, payment will be taken immediately upon purchase. Just you and your bike - take it on a thrilling ride down an unspoiled mountain landscape. Nintendo of Europe is not responsible for the content or security of the site you are about to visit. Lonely Mountains: Downhill is a superb example of a simple idea executed to absolute perfection. The Xbox Series X seems to have a disc drive problem. A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required for Save Data Cloud backup. And then of course there are all the natural sounds of traversing a mountain: a creek rushing downstream; birds chirping cheerfully overhead; cicadas buzzing under the fat summer heat. Greedy, greedy. Please make sure you have enough storage to complete the download. That is — until you ride face-first into a rock. It’s an experience like no other. I’ve found myself replaying the starting level over and over again thanks to these challenges, despite unlocking additional mountains. Just you and your bike - take it on a thrilling ride down an unspoiled mountain landscape. It takes on a few minutes to get used to the way you control the bike’s movement, but it feels incredibly natural once you’re into the swing of it. Find your own way - take a relaxing scenic route or go off-road to find the fastest way to the finish line! If the funds have not yet been merged, you will have the option to do so during the purchase process. There’s two options available here. Each one has its advantages, but ultimately you’ll opt for the one that your brain finds easier to interpret — either moving in all directions or just left and right. For more information, see our ethics policy. There’s definitely a desire from the developer to support the game though with DLC adding a fictional volcanic island of Eldfjall this month, but make no mistake – this is not a title that boasts stacks of options. Lonely Mountains: Downhill is -exactly- what I needed right now. It doesn’t attempt to be a multifaceted po-faced sports sim, or a super casual title with mechanics so basic it wouldn’t hold anyone’s attention for more than a few seconds. Ride along quiet mountain lakes, majestic forests and steep canyons, A custom physics system lets you carefully drop from boulder to boulder, sprint over abysses or slide through muddy grounds. To start the purchasing process, it is necessary to sign in with the Nintendo Account and the Nintendo Network ID. The Nintendo Account Agreement applies to the purchase of this content. Lonely Mountains: Downhill is a downhill mountain biking game focusing on responsive and fun controls, an open level design and an untouched nature in a beautiful low poly style. Be warned though: Shortcuts in Lonely Mountains: Downhill are treacherous, and anyone using them should watch out for boulders that will definitely cause them to crash. Before you know it, you’re experimenting with major cliffs and tiny patches of road only braved by those with a death wish. You mostly rely on inertia to carry you through some sections of courses, whereas you can cycle and brake using the shoulder buttons to stop and go accordingly. However, you quickly realize that this isn’t as simple as you expected it to be. Race, jump, slide and try not to crash - all the way from the peak to the valley!Key Features:• Travel to the Lonely Mountains! While you may never be able to do it in real life, you can certainly perfect your instincts until you can descend every mountain in the game with your eyes closed. Lonely Mountains: Downhill - Eldfjall Loading See details Pack your raincoat and bring your beloved bike to the volcanic island of Eldfjall - the largest Lonely Mountain yet. Founded in February 2015, Luminosity Gaming is one of the largest globally recognized esports organizations in North America. Lonely Mountains: Downhill was first released for major platforms in 2019, earning it a slot in Polygon’s best games of 2019 list. The payment will be made with Nintendo eShop funds usable through the Nintendo Account used to complete the purchase. The Nintendo Account Agreement applies to the purchase of this content. It’s just you, the bike, and several dangerous natural obstacles. $199. You could have taken the safer route, after all, but here you are, bashing your head against a wall over and over again, convinced that you can totally make this shortcut happen. Compete with friends and prove your speed-running skills on the leaderboards. Nintendo of America Inc. Headquarters are in Redmond, Washington. It’s so focused on what it wants to achieve that it lets nothing else get in the way. For many – including us – that makes the game even more impressive though. This product contains technological protection measures. © 2020 Nintendo. Sometimes, I like to close my eyes and just soak it all in. It's simply a game about downhill mountain biking. How far will you push it? You will be able to review the details and complete the purchase on the next screen. In a way, this echoes the voices of environmentalists everywhere. The feeling of serenity this game evokes deep inside you would be impossible if the controls weren’t up to snuff of course, but fortunately they’re spot on. But unlike nearly every “masocore” game I’ve played, every challenge is self-inflicted. Ride along quiet mountain lakes, majestic forests and steep canyons• A custom physics system lets you carefully drop from boulder to boulder, sprint over abysses or slide through muddy grounds• Find your own way - take a relaxing scenic route or go off-road to find the fastest way to the finish line!• No audience, no barrier tapes - experience a beautiful nature unspoiled by men• Find the perfect bike for your playstyle and unlock dozens of paint jobs and outfits!• Compete with friends and prove your speed-running skills on the leaderboards. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. These shortcuts are hidden well and usually disguised as drops. The simplicity of riding down a mountain trail, even when you’re trying to beat your personal best time, is an oddly relaxing experience that you can zone out to wherever you’re playing. You begin Lonely Mountains: Downhill with a single mountain and only one trail to ride. This content is sold by Nintendo of Europe GmbH, payable with Nintendo eShop funds usable through your Nintendo Account. The biggest threat is your own audacity, and the final boss is always your own hubris. Games are property of their respective owners. You don’t have to beat your personal best time, but the game does provide challenges to clear levels under certain death counts or time frames. To be able to purchase content for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems, a Nintendo Network ID is also required and your funds usable through the Nintendo Account must be merged with the funds tied to your Nintendo Network ID. The game quickly ramps up as you throw yourself down this first mountain again and again, learning every corner and obstacle to push down your time. Lonely Mountains: Downhill is a terrific video game that is made even better now that it’s out on the Nintendo Switch and therefore portable. {{ regularPrice }}{{ lowestPrice }}, @AC_Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. This content is sold by Nintendo of Europe GmbH. Lonely Mountains Downhill (Nintendo Switch) Posted on May 11, 2020 by Gerard Campbell As it is with my real-life mountain biking these days, the first run on the trails in Lonely Mountains Downhill tend to be slow and methodical, getting the lay of the land, so to speak. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. But the fact that they’re there makes you curious, doesn’t it? Once you’ve completed your first trail, you’ll unlock a second set of challenges. I'm not surprised - it hasn't gotten a lot of fanfare. Lonely Mountains: Downhill System: Nintendo Switch Release date: 07/05/2020 Just you and your bike - take it on a thrilling ride down an unspoiled mountain landscape. Lonely Mountains: Downhill is not only one of the best embodiments of the outdoors I’ve played during social isolation, it is also a terrific video game that nails the inherent crunchiness of biking in nature. Like Super Meat Boy, the game throws you back into the fray immediately after dying, so despite failing a dozen or two times in a row, you never really notice. It's just you against the mountain. This is the genius of Lonely Mountains: Downhill. By taking a few minutes to share your thoughts and opinions, you will be helping us to improve our website. The short trails are addicting, taking mere minutes to complete on their own but giving you the reasonable excuse that you have time for just one more. While competing against your own personal best times is nice, the game has leaderboards for you to monitor as well. Lonely Mountains Downhill (Nintendo Switch) Posted on May 11, 2020 by Gerard Campbell As it is with my real-life mountain biking these days, the first run on the trails in Lonely Mountains Downhill tend to be slow and methodical, getting the lay of the land, so to speak. Now I can play the game in bed when I’m once again failing to fall asleep at 3 a.m., which is a huge boon at this particular point in time. This system must be updated to the latest system software and connected to the internet with automatic downloads enabled, and it must have enough storage to complete the download. Meet the first customer to get a PS5. The only road is the one down these slippery slopes of utter madness. Lonely Mountains: Downhill is a low-poly style mountain biking game, released on PC (Win/Mac/Linux) as well as Xbox One and Playstation 4 on October 23rd, 2019. I can almost forget that I haven’t been outdoors much in about three months. This content may be purchased by users who have registered a Nintendo Account and accepted the respective legal terms. Pack your raincoat and bring your beloved bike to the volcanic island of Eldfjall - the largest Lonely Mountain yet.Features: 4 new trails with new challenges and resting spots await youNew special effects: ride through the thunderstorm or find your way down an erupting volcano. Each individual segment is timed, but the game won’t save it until you actually finish that portion of the trail, giving the whole thing a sort of speedrun-y feel. But having it as a portable experience only makes it better. The details of the offer are displayed based on the country settings of your Nintendo Account. Instead this is a game that captures that feeling of cycling through a deserted forest, with only the sound of the wheels turning to keep you company. He was the first to get a PS4, too. Publisher: Thunderful Nintendo Switch Lite consoles are finally back in stock at both Amazon and Walmart. After signing in it will be possible to review the details and complete the purchase.