YUM. What do you think the freestlye points would be for the pollo saltado, switching out the beef for chicken? Place steak in 1 bowl and onions in another. To make the Lomo Saltado, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large frying pan over high heat. I always loved lomo saltado but previous attempts did not turn out tasting authentic. This was so good! Love all your recipes! I made it as directed, but I was deliberately careless with the jalapeño seeds since we love spicy food. I ended up LOVING it. 229. I doubled the recipe and can’t wait to have it again. I'm looking forward to trying it. Add the red onion wedges and cook for one minute. I've had great success with the old plan and points and don't want to change so please continue to publish the old ww points. WINNER! Pat dry with kitchen paper. I would love to try your lighter take on the recipe.. thanks for sharing! Serve immediately with french fries and divide evenly between 2 plates. Loved the way each ingredient played off each other. Made this meal tonight… I added another 1/2lb of sirloin and a potato and broke it into 4 servings so that I could have leftovers. Bring on the pisco sours! Divide marinade between steak and onions. I’ve tried many recipes and it was never the same. Thank you! Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. Did I just not see it or isn't it included? This sounds totally delish! My daughter and her Peruvian BF made this dish for us.Truly delicious and they also baked potatoes in oven.So good!Thanks! Well this was absolutely delicious! Bring a tablespoon of olive oil to a very high heat in the wok. Made this tonight with chicken. Thanks . Perfect for a quick and fun weeknight meal, this beef and potato stir-fry is a dinner the whole family can get behind. There is a restaurant called Ceviche 105 here in Miami and this is the dish that I always get! Here in Miami, there is a Peruvian restaurant or food truck on every corner. Delish! This one's a winner! Thanks Gina, another favorite! The soy sauce gives good depth to the marinade. Who has been spreading such lies? That's so sweet, thank you're husband for me! I made Lomo Saltado the other night from a recipe found online because I wanted it so badly but the flavor was not right. It sadly went out of business and we were left wanting our saltado. Of course, too much of one thing can never be good. Stir and saute, until softened. This was so good! Next time, I think I'll reverse the order that things go into the pan. I'm so going to try this as soon as I can! Many Japanese moved to Peru several generations ago. Good luck! Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Stir-Fry) July 2020. x. Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. Really cuts down on oven time and as far as I can tell doesn't effect the final product. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. This recipe looks delicious, I can't wait to make it for my family! Just made this for dinner and it was delicious! I'm curious about reheating, too. Great dish! But not sure about the potato — it would lose it's crunch, I'm afraid. Made this tonight… DELICIOUS! You can see more potato nutrition facts here. Fry for 1 minute whilst continuously moving the wok, and add the beef stock. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Add the onions, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Never had Peruvian food! Pat dry steak strips and season with cumin, salt, pepper. This is my 2nd time making it and it is better than the first! I'd like to suggest that you brown your steak quickly and then remove and set it aside while you stir-fry your peppers and onions. Can I use a different type of pan? Love this!! Felt filling but also healthy. It's mild, but you can leave it out for the kiddos! Thanks so much! Also, Gina, am I correct in assuming that the PP value does NOT include the slice of avocado? My husband loved it too. Yummm! For all the meat and potato lovers out there, this healthier spin on a classic Peruvian stir-fry dish combines two of my favorite cuisines – Latin and Chinese! This was awesome! Add the onion, ají amarillo chilli pepper and the garlic paste to the wok. In fact, one medium-size, skin-on potato is just 110 calories, has no fat, sodium or cholesterol. I lived with a Peruvian family in Cusco for a month and I got to eat sooo much lomo saltado. Why am I seeing this at night!! We’ve updated our privacy policy. Add some beef broth when you add the soy sauce. Lomo Saltado can have french fries mixed into the stir fry or served on the side, and I can’t think of … Meanwhile, season meat with salt, pepper and cumin. Thank you, Gina! We were in Peru in January and took a tour that introduced us to some Peruvian food. Just want to know if my kids can eat it, or if I should omit the jalapeño when making it. Also you may try increasing the oven temp. This is one of my favorite dishes and your version was really good! I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! Into my belly!! I’ve made this recipe with steak and chicken and it’s easy and delicious- and I’m not a cook. I'm already planning to make this one again soon. This recipe is delicious! Thoughts? Just one point – where do you add the bell peppers? Check them after 6 minutes and toss with a spatula. In Peru we do not add bell peppers to this dish. SO glad you liked it, I knew you would . I love this recipie! Great recipe!!! Such a nice change from regular old stir fry! Transfer sirloin to a plate. Thanks! Can I just swap out the beef and replace it with chicken for this? I made this tonight & it was awesome! yummy! I just had this for lunch and it was AMAZING! We had it with the Peruvian green sauce. 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over high heat. 5 stars for sure! So delicious and very easy to make, we served it over brown rice with a few fries on the side. Add the potatoes to the deep-fat fryer and fry for 10 minutes, or until softened. The flavors are spot-on–perfect! No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Most places offer chicken, steak, pork, and even seafood saltado. My husband is Peruvian and this is my favorite dish! We add eggs to everything, lol! My favorite Peruvian meal, looks delicious! In that case, I'll just halve the recipe, using a smaller potato. Going to make this tomorrow night! Add the marinated steak strips and fry it until sealed and brown. It is a close cousin of lomo saltado, a beef stir-fry with chile peppers, vegetables, and potatoes and one of the best-known Peruvian dishes. yum! I like my stir fry with sauce. Season with a little salt and keep warm while you cook the steak. The steak overcooked a bit by the time the onions were soft. I like it with double the potatoes. They will inevitably be a little on the soft side but since you eat it all together, vs french fries on the side of a burger, you won't mind! This dish is made with strips of sirloin seasoned with cumin, stir fried with tomatoes, red onion, soy sauce, cilantro and finished with french fries – what a combination right? I MUST try this! Thanks Gina for always having meals that are so yummy and wholesome! thank you so much !!!! Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same pan, then add the red onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and browned. I don't know who came up with the whole "they're not good for you" thing. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Good memories! I made this the other night and it was really great! For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Add the potatoes to the deep-fat fryer and fry for 10 minutes, or until softened. I'm a vegetarian so they leave out the steak and add extra veggies. This is a definite keeper. Cut the potato lengthwise into 1/3-inch thick slices; cut each slice into 1/3-inch fries. The portions were huge, but we scarfed every bite! Wonderful recipe. I made this last night and I can't tell you how much I loved it! Pingback: Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Beef Stir Fry) | Skinny Dawg. Thank you! It's my favorite dish. It's spicy but not too spicy. Details here. You'll truly wish you've been eating fries this way all along. You can leave out the jalapeno. Add a little Peruvian Green Sauce on top if you like it hot!! When the pan is hot, add the marinated meat and stir-fry until the beef is almost (but not completely) cooked through. A traditional Peruvian dish, flash-fried spicy steak is served with rice and chips. Love your site – Did this recipe with chicken and it was great! We loved it and can’t wait to make it again. Happy campers! I made a few changes out of convenience really. Anyone know the recipe for the cilantro dip that comes with the lomo at the restaurant? potatoes served on top of the meat and vegetables. Thanks for the recipe…~a new follower in Germany . I have yet to make a Skinnytaste recipe that I have not liked. Do you do anything before putting them in besides tossing them in oil and spices? Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Please click “OK” or continue to use our site if you agree to these terms.