The concert footage does provide an incredible sense of the enormity of the event. This is a big reason why I'm only giving it three stars. and USA for Africa's "We Are the World." The audio on the American side was just plain horrendous. This playlist celebrates that amazing concert, with almost all the tracks performed on that day listed here for your enjoyment! The Live Aid Disc Set has actually done a fairly nice job of capturing some of the moments from those concerts both in America and England. The British side was perfect (except that Pete Dodd (Thompson Twins) consistently hit the same sour note on Revolution at every verse). The brainchild of Bob Geldof and representing the efforts of countless musicians and technicians, Live Aid was a genuine and inspiring effort to help the victims of an overwhelming calamity. Live Aid was a dual-venue concert that was held almost 26 years ago on 13 July 1985. I was 7 years old.

Unfortunately, the discs are missing songs and portions of the concert which isn't the fault of the disc necessarily since some of the artists refused to have their performances submitted due to quality control, etc. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 26, 2017. As another reviewer pointed out, many performances are left off of this set. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I've been reading some of these reviews and would like to clear up some myths and misstatements I've read. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Harry Belafonte and Lionel Richie made surprise appearances for the live rendition of the song. Come Back and Stay/Every Time You Go Away, Wouldn't It Be Nice/Good Vibrations/Surfin' USA. Colorful Music Notes Birthday Party Supplies Set Plates Napkins Cups Tableware Kit ... Womens Queen Band Vintage Tops Funny Graphic Freddie Mercury Tops Short Sleeve Quee... Queen Classic Rock Band Poster Standard Size 18×24 inches, Queen: Rock Montreal & Live Aid [Blu-ray], Woodstock: Three Days of Peace & Music (Two-Disc 40th Anniversary Director's Cut). Internationalists/Walls Come Tumbling Down, Do They Know It's Christmas? Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. AIQIBAO Metal Vintage Tin Sign Decor-Beatles Man for Bar Pub Kitchen Home Garage Ou... Tin Signs Bensun Nancy Zz Top Lynyrd Skynyrd Wall Iron Painting Retro Plaque Vintag... Freddie Mercury 1986 Queen Legendery Singer Star Poster Standard Size 18×24 inches. The event was organized by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for relief of the ongoing Ethiopian famine. Even though I grew up in the 80's, I never had the chance to see Live Aid on television. I own this set and watched the concert live in 1985. The DVD set opens with a heartbreaking documentary on the crisis, followed by videos of the two hit songs that represented the collaborative nature of Geldof's efforts—Band Aid' s "Do They Know It's Christmas?"