However you could also make Puff Pastry Lemon Curd tarts too! In fact standard limes (Persian) will make the curd a little sweeter, key limes tend to be a little more tart and bitter. Thank you for the kind comment! If your oven bakes cool, then turn your temperature up by 25*. Thanks for another great recipe, cher! Aloha! Filed Under: Pies/Tarts/Crostata, Recipes. i’m so glad i found it so i know you made the switch! I adore google analytics. If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these: Did you make this? . i am a huge lover of anything key lime, of especially key lime pie! I am just finishing Plate to Pixel and was looking for my next reference! looks amazing! If you aren’t familiar with your dough you may think they are. Your email address will not be published. I am still considering wordpress myself. You have my mouth just drooling at the computer screen Dennis! While a real “taste texture” person, love love love zest in curd. As always, another great post. I’m so glad I switched from Blogger to WordPress – best decision I made! However it’s that heat that will puff your pastry up quickly and cook it without burnt spots. I would just use regular limes, Key limes do have a some flavor nuances, but standard limes will work just as well.. I have been craving some keylime goodness lately! Puff pastry is a very rich buttery dough that is quite a bit thicker than filo and puffs up substantially when baked. Love the addition of zest: when I add it to key lime pie or lemon curd most people aren’t thrilled. Happy Wednesday~. This post includes affiliate links. I love that they are mini and bite sized! i LOVE your new site! Apetisanta! Along with some crusty bread, you have a meal that is sure to please. First, congratulations on your new site (looks great and so nice not to have to deal with google comments) and second on the Top 9! If puff pastry sheets are frozen, allow to thaw so you can unfold the sheets. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Always a pleasure to visit your site, see beautiful food, and learn a little something. Step 2 … such a great concept- now we can tap into your well of knowledge and experience . Great info as always, too. Love it! so glad to have found your site! These tartelettes look great, and so does your new blog! It really does best with a quick hot bake. If you choose to make only 9, then you’ll have an entire sheet that you can use for another recipe! Place in a heatproof bowl over a small pot of simmering water and using a Wooden spoon continue to mix until thickened. made me think of Eddie and the cruisers on the dark side! Perhaps I’ve not baked with puff pastry dough enough, because I’ve never had this issue. Hi Chef Dennis, these tartlettes look delicious, I may have to start working on my baking and dessert skills. Lemon curd, lime curd or any other fruit curd would work well! You got me wanting to check out Google Analytics. Additionally a caching plugin is also very nice, because my host is pretty slow. Along with some crusty bread, you have a meal that is sure to please. Last year I made over 100 tartlets with lemon curd and sugared blueberries for my daughter’s wedding. It was a long and drawn out process of rolling and folding over the course of a day. You can purchase Premade frozen puff pastry sheets at your local grocery store in the freezer section. hope all is well with you and family Dennis, haven’t heard from you for a while my regards Heading over to check out FoodPop now =). In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together until they are just combined. Thanks for sharing..buzzed. However for this recipe of Lime Curd Puff Pastry Cups, you’ll not want to bake the puff pastry in advance. Learn how your comment data is processed. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You'll love this tart and fresh Key Lime Curd. We love them! I love key lime pie and this just brings it to the nth degree. Have a great week. Bake shells in a preheated 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes, remove the foil and prick the bottom of each shell with a fork. Gonna try these this week! Felicitari! Thanks for the photography book recommendation! Place one square of puff pastry in easy muffin cup. I’m off to check Food Pop now! Love it! Take care, Terra. Curd can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, just cover with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. These tartelettes look amazing and thanks for the Food Photography book recommendation. My dad loves key lime pie and I am sure he would love this alternative dessert , these tartlets look delicious thank you for the information Congratulations on the new blog name and changes you made. Gradually whisk in the sugar. I like the new site very much! Thanks again! Must be delicious with lime curd :). Always love Ask Chef Dennis segments. Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat. I totally agree with your experiences, it’s totally fresh air. Thanks for the inspiration! As always, great post! I need to read as many as possible! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I always point new people to one of your Ask Chef Dennis posts (The one with the brine pork chops) when they are trying to learn the ropes on Foodbuzz. Thank you so much for this delicious recipe! I especially love how lime curd offers a bold flavor that isn’t sour. It looks slick =) Lemon Curd, lime curd, strawberry curd and all other curds are regular visitors in our home. Any curd can be used to whip these up. And those little tartlettes look scrumptious! thanks Kita! Baking puff pastry at a lower temperature may result in a smaller rise and uneven cooking. Add Eggs one at a time and pulse 2 -3 times to incorporate. When you make these wonderful little tartlets make sure you save some of the lime curd for another day, perhaps with a croissant, or as I did with a plate of cheese and fruit. And these tartlets are “over the top” and look absolutely heavenly! It’s my goal to make the switch from Blogger to Word Press by the end of the year. Place the sugar, butter, lime juice, lime zest in the top of a double boiler; stir over medium-high heat until butter melts. Flaky and thin. Place the pans in the refrigerator and allow the dough to chill for 30 minutes. Dennis, these look wonderful. Cut the pastry into rounds with a cookie cutter** and press into mini muffin tins. The dough should look like coarse crumbs,dump onto a floured work area and form into two equal balls, shape into cylinders, wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least ½ hour. I am going to spend sometime reading up some of your posts that I missed… These tartelettes are gorgeous! Place one square of puff pastry in easy muffin cup. They always refresh me and give that Key West vibe! I’m glad you made the switch and are loving it. You don't always have to go out to enjoy delicious restaurant-style dishes when you can make them yourself! In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and confectioners' sugar until smooth. I love this! I have used Google Analytics since day one (as well as a few other stat websites you can next in your blog) and they yeild great granularity of information on your traffic. As stated above it depends on the recipe. Wish it would magically appear as tonight supper is asparagus/mushroom risotto, so I could justify at least two of these tarts. Spoon the lemon curd into each tartlet shell. I am fortunate enough to have a key lime tree in my backyard so your key lime curd recipe is on my list. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Hope it’s available for kindle so I don’t have to wait for it to arrive! While I often make lemon curd with my Meyer lemons which thrive massively despite benign neglect, my preference is for Eureka lemons. Great info and gorgeous tarts. I also wasn’t sure switching to wordpress was a good move but now I wish I would have done it sooner ;). So, yes, at first glance, it looks a bit intimidating, but afterwards it so much more easy. It might seem too dry at first, but as you mix it it will start to come together. While the Lime Curd is chilling start the Tartlette shells. Wow! Key Lime Curd Tartlet Recipe for A Taste of Florida, unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces, *curd will look curdled after mixing in the lime juice, don’t worry it will become velvety smooth *chilling the dough before baking will keep it from shrinking away from the sides of the pan *I used a food processor for my dough, feel free to do it the old fashioned way, « Let’s Celebrate with Zucchini Blossom Cannoli – A taste of winter in the summer, Pan Seared Scallops with a Summer Corn Medley ». . Puff pastry does keep well over a few days and will be ready for when you need it. I love key lime pie! Hats off to you Chef Dennis! The layers puff up nicely and the finished flaky pasty tastes delicious! And congrats again on the beautiful new site…, Thank you sooo much. This looks fabulous. Hi Chef! Meaning if you cook a very liquid item in your puff pastry, that liquid will seep into your dough. Add the flour, ground walnuts,sugar and salt in the food processor and pulse 2 times to mix. Required fields are marked *. I have made lemon curd but oddly hadn’t thought of key lime curd- great idea since you can use it to make small individual desserts which is great for people watching their sweets. Just gobs of that silky smooth, creamy, tartly delicious Key Lime Curd, nestled inside of a walnut sweet pastry shell….sigh. Generally speaking it’s close to the cool whip and pie section. I do! Thanks Patty! Remove from oven. So glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far!! I agree, I was so happy I changed to wordpress too! Pictures are, as always, fantastic! However filo dough and puff pastry dough are quite different. I am dreaming of lemon or lime curd now. Glad the transition to WordPress is working out well for you! hi! Told ya you’d love it And she is right – don’t touch certain parts, but go to town on others. I just signed up for google analytics as well and it is so crazy how much info you get from it!! I love that you made a walnut crust instead of a regular pastry one. A croissant and pie crust a very different and yet similar. For this Lime Curd Puff Pastry Recipe, you’ll want to bake the puff pastry and lime curd filling at the same time. Have a wonderful week! And once again you have come through for me with some great blogging advice. I’ve never made them before but you make it seem so easy ! Cu adevarat o reteta de chef! It is so user friendly. I need to check out Food Pop. Don’t sprinkle with powdered sugar though until ready to serve. Over the last few years I’ve experimented on a variety of recipes that would work well with lime curd. Filo dough on the other hand is micro thin sheets of dough that are layered on top of each other to create thin crispy layers. Your recipes always lure me in… love this one! Sixrevisions.com posted recently a nice article on caching plugins for wordpress. Love limes even more though the trees are not proliferous. These tarts looks perfect for all the heat that we’ve been getting in Texas.. nice and fresh! 12 cups will fit in a standard muffin pan. ), If this doesn’t make the Foodbuzz Top 9, I’ll be shocked…scrumptious! Perfect as it is or as a filling for cakes or pies. I quite like the plating with pistachio garnish. Slice this dough into 4 equal pieces and roll out the dough until you have a disc big enough for your tartlette pan. Spoon into tart shells; top with remaining lime curd. I’ve been starting to consider a switch and it’s great to hear how easy your switch has been! Again, love the site! There are so many benefits to wordpress:-) Your site looks great! It is beautiful… I love it!!! These tartelettes look awesome! If you bake the cups in advance without the lime curd and fill them later, the lime curd will be drippy. You’ve done it again! But I only took one bag, these little beauties need to be shared, it’s not often we see Key Limes in this area, but once again Wegman’s came through! I think I need a few of these pies to nibble on while I ponder that decision further. Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices if desired. Depending on the recipe, yes you can. Everyone raves about them! Yum! Puff pastry does well being baked ahead of time for certain recipes such as strawberry short cake.