Help | A reasonable card in several popular archetypes. The last ability of Legion’s Landing only counts creatures that you declare as attacking creatures. You also need more removal. There are also gobo spells you can cast daddy Vadrok, like Hordeling Outburst to help fuel your army. The last bastion of holdouts has been the stalwart grinders. Even then, the effect is very disruptable, since it needs to hit the opponent first to activate the ability and has no eveasion built into it. New & Unread Posts. Leonin Warleader Creature — Cat Soldier Whenever Leonin Warleader attacks, create two 1/1 white Cat creature tokens with lifelink (Damage dealt by the creature also causes its controller to gain that much life.) I’ve found doing Drafts to be the best source of value for quickly building my collection on MTG Arena. My hope is that the deck can still be fun to play on casual tables even if I don't draw Essence and have to make due with crowding the board with spirits and saprolings, or by getting value out of Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Leonin Warleader, or Master of the Wild Hunt. Ajani, Strength of the Pride also seems pretty good, since it has a direct lifegain ability that will scale with the size of your board, the ability to make tokens of possibly the best card in a lifegain deck, and an emergency reset button should you ever need it. Lurrus of the Dream-Den is another very good card, provided that you have enough things that you can bring back. He has three Grand Prix Top 8s with a win in Boston-Worcester in 2012. I still use it in a bunch of different decks. This site is unaffiliated. Those are single target creature/artifact/enchantment removal, mainly. Fling seems a bit out of place. Arena Beginner Set #13 (rare) Other languages: Leonin Warleader; Useful links: Scryfall; Similar cards: The literal and graphical information presented on this site about Magic: The Gathering, including card images, the mana symbols, and Oracle text, is copyright Wizards of the Coast, LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. I resisted the urge, because I knew I’d regret using a rare wild card on something that likely wouldn’t make the cut in a true competitive deck. I actually haven’t redeemed a mythic or rare wild card yet. And I'm not too fond of having 4x Ajani's Pridemate since I already have 1x Brimaz, King of Oreskos. Add to collection Browse Alters View at Gatherer. This would allow you to add the final copy of Ajani's Pridemate that I think would be better in almost every situation, but still keep the Watchers in the sideboard for when their effect is needed. ), so I’m more willing to spend them since they are easier to replace. by Elmalco, Rin and Seri In terms of fandom and attracting new players, Arena cannot be beaten or ignored, which is why I’ve been writing about it so much over the past few weeks: No matter whether you are a seasoned grinder or a beginner to Arena, I’ve got some useful tips and strategies for maximizing your resource management as you make your way through the early stages. Chord of Calling can be good since you can ramp it out with your wide board, as well as use it to tutor up a win con on your opponents end step, effectively giving it haste. Your Topics. DMCA requests | On the other hand, I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts on how to improve card selection in the early turns without messing too much with the balance of ramp-enablers and payoffs. by Mjchartrand, Cats 1.70 - 999.99 187/274 +71 Bonus. You declared ONE Creature as attacking.The Landing triggers when you declare THREE or more Creatures as attacking. But keep in mind that not all cards are created equal and that getting the most out of every wild card use is ideal. Keep in mind that multicolored cards tend to be more powerful than single color cards, so if you are building a 2-color deck, the commons and uncommons in your combination are a great place to look for inspiration without having to spend rare wild cards. Brian plays and enjoys all Constructed and Limited formats but has a particular fondness for Vintage. Press J to jump to the feed. His proudest accomplishment in MTG is that he is the creator of the Danger Room/Battle Box Limited format. View legality, oracle text, pricing, ratings, and more. I’ve chosen to save them for when I’m ready to build my first true Standard deck to play in events, which I will be doing on my Twitch stream this weekend if you want to check it out: While I recognize the value of holding onto those elusive rare and mythic wild cards I also don’t want to play bad decks full of awful cards. 12/361 +15 Bonus . Discover all data and statistics about the Leonin Warleader MTG (Magic: The Gathering) Card: Card Price, Price foil, Mana cost, TIX, CMC, Edhrec Rank, Types and Rarity. Card set: Arena Beginner Set. I'd suggest something like Hour of Reckoning, Dusk / Dawn, Cleansing Nova, or Austere Command. Unfortunately, G/W doesn’t have access to all that many tutors, especially not in pioneer, and even then the green ones only really find creatures, while white finds enchantments. You might replace Invigorating Surge with a second Brimaz, King of Oreskos, you might decide to only run 3 Anointed Procession, since it is a (relatively) expensive card that has no immediate effect, and this might give you the space to have an extra Leonin Warleader or even a Cubwarden. Nice deck. Plus, it can make extra tokens if you gain life on your opponents turn as well. You’ll need rare wild cards to unlock most of the best monsters but these various mana fixing cards are a great use of common wild cards. These are all great cards and Standard staples, which make them good additions to any deck regardless of competitive level. Pair it with Find // Finality to create a loop of threats and focused removal to grind an opponent out. With Adorned Pouncer being the only source of a good populate target (a 1/1 is never really a good hit), the value of Growth seems inconsistent, and most of the time it will be a more limited version of Return. As you draft and win more packs you also end up acquiring more wild cards, which is the primary way of acquiring staple rares and mythics from other sets. MTGO still offers more cards, formats, and competitive opportunities, so it makes sense that it continues to curry favor with many in the competitive crowd. In terms of what it counters, it gives you the ability to deal with huge creatures and even get around indestructible, which makes it particularly good against big Eldrazi, Dinosaurs or Dragons. The more games and achievements you complete, the more stuff you earn. While I fully appreciate the ubiquitous value of high-power removal spells like Path to Exile, I tend to hold off on playing these cards until someone in my playgroup annoys me enough to do so. Hawk might be useful since you don’t really have many ways of dealing with fliers, the Vampire having deathtouch can scare off a lot of aggression (although might not be necessary, depends how much life you’re gaining), and Banehound offers very strong aggression. I can't imagine wanting to sacrifice a mutate pile. I resisted the urge, because I knew I’d regret using a rare wild card on something that likely wouldn’t make the cut in a true competitive deck. I’ve basically just been redeeming common and uncommon wild cards and trying to get the most bang for my buck. ). Cubwarden does a similar job, with more immediate effect, but you might need to run more non-humans to make it work. It’s even challenged Hearthstone for stream views, which MTGO was never able to do. Leonin Warleader card database entry. It was in one of my first decks from a precon, and every time I drew it I won the game. To me, I could do with more Pride Sovereign or Leonin Warleader or Regal Caracal or Brimaz, King of Oreskos since this is mainly a tokens deck; can't forget that. I’m going to go down the list by color and rarity, and list some of the best value common and uncommon wild card targets that will help your deck today and the deck you build three months from now! You can’t really go wrong building around them. Might be cool to add Brute Force, Infuriate, and low cost buff spells. Common and uncommon wild cards appear much more frequently than rares and mythics (duh! If you are going to craft something using a wild card, make sure that the card you are crafting is something worthwhile for Constructed down the road. The tokens come in play attacking but the never entered the "Attacking State" for Legion Landing to trigger. " 25% $4.75 ( 2.1 - 12.65 ) TCG Player $2.3 TCG Player Foil. Something like a Leonin Warleader might be a better option, since it makes the tokens without requiring more mana to be put in, plus the tokens have lifelink. He was also recently a 2015 Open Champion in Indianapolis. In actuality, you do already have a form of ramp in the deck form Oketra's Monument, and I don’t think you anything more than that. If that style sounds cool you can add in Feather, the Redeemed for more ways to get your spells back and if you lean towards token theme adding Zada, Hedron Grinder will really scare the table! by Mrdeath666, Samut Battalion A deck full of Vine Mares + Blanchwood Armors is a great way to win a bunch of games very quickly. Many thanks for your comment! Not creatures drawing, but overall deck. But where this really shines is in its flexibility, since it can also be an instant speed blocker if needed, or a pump spell that gets a creature through to end a game. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I see Impact Tremors, so It would be intersting to kinda steer the deck in a token build. As long as my opponent doesn't counter or remove my cards, I will be a happy camper. I find that tokens are he best way to exploit these effects for maximum value, and since your deck makes so many I think it would be a good effect to have access to. Since both Fleecemane Lion and Ajani's Pridemate, and even Adorned Pouncer can all be big threats, being able to just bring them back is really powerful, but it can also feel pretty bad if your graveyard is just filled with bigger creatures. Contact | Leonin Warleader and Legion Landing doesnt work like this. Unless there was a Watery Grave in the pack, because I’d pick that. Now that you’re running, Return to Nature, I’d be tempted to maybe cut the Watchers of the Dead from the mainboard, since you now have a far more effective form of graveyard hate. In particular, I’ll focus on how to get the most out of wild cards. It might be an idea to introduce some more one drops here, preferably with lifelink so you can get the lifegain going early.