Aloha Jenn.. Is the lemon cupcake recipe that you used with the lemon mascarpone frosting posted somewhere on your site? I’ve made it hundreds of times, literally. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat at low speed until blended. Also doubled the curd. Once everything is made, put the cake together and dig in! Point up the citrusy, spicy and earthy flavors in this dessert with a late-harvest Sémillon-based wine from Napa Valley that has layers of honey and ripe fruit. If it’s too warm, it can definitely make the whipped cream weep. Place the final third layer on top. Lemon Mascarpone Frosting Ingredients: 8 ounces mascarpone cheese 1 cup powdered sugar pinch of kosher salt 2 Tablespoons lemon juice Zest of one lemon 1 -1/2 cups heavy whipping cream. We’re lifelong fans of buttercream and cream cheese frosting, but this mascarpone icing recipe has earned its spot as another confectionary favorite.Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese made with whole cream and an acidic element like citric acid or lemon juice.Mascarpone is amazing in savory recipes, like pastas or salads, and sweet recipes, like cakes and traditionally, tiramisu. The whipped frosting barely made it on the cake. The triple lemon cake is much denser than this one, in my option. Never miss a post - subscribe to receive emails! Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? I hope that helps! This cloud-like frosting only benefits from the addition of citrus, making it sweet and airy like a lemon dream. Thank you! This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. The other thing is I think there’s a bit of opinion as far as how light a cake is. Just so fab!!! Then defrost in the refrigerator. A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until soft peaks form. I don’t know what went wrong Help. I’m thinking of doing a raspberry filling inside. As for the watery frosting – mascarpone cheese gets very thin if over mixed so that could have been the issue. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk. Overall, not a cake I would ever make again. Spread half of the lemon curd evenly on top of the cake layer, inside the dam. 19. Spread a thin layer of mascarpone buttercream on top of cake. So you should be able to just cut it in half. Can you use the Mascarpone frosting for just the filling an decorate the outside with an icing that doesn’t need as much refrigeration? Can’t wait to try it this weekend! Yes, very moist. Hi! It is stable and holds its shape at room temperature and remains soft when refrigerated. Plus, women today have a MUCH easier time than I did. It kind of just stayed white on top. It’s possible. No, the cake doesn’t need baking soda. Scrape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. there are elements of yours that I like better. Since i love lemon, i doubled the curd. This limoncello cake offers a decadent flavor and texture that's hard to beat. Place the first layer of cake on a serving plate or a cardboard cake round. I just stumbled upon this blog as well and am so glad I did!! This limoncello cake offers a decadent flavor and texture that's hard to beat. I’m gonna try this cake tomorrow, can you please reply ASAP. Spread this with the remaining mascarpone … Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur that is produced mostly in Southern Italy. Any thoughts you have on the difference between the two recipes is appreciated as I am getting ready to make another lemon layer cake! But if people have enough trouble, it catches my attention. It currently uses whole eggs and no sour cream. Now if you put aside the thought of wasting the ingredients and the money, which is what irritates me the most, I’ve always said to them, EVERY baker and EVERY cook, no matter how experienced, how professional have their flops, recipes which aren’t very good and if they tell you differently they’re lying or they NEVER try anything new. Well, you’ll only need one layer of curd, instead of two. Hi, I was just wanting to make this cake for my mothers and fathers birthday, but I was wondering if it was moist and if I could bake it in 2 9in baking pans…. I hope that helps! Classically trained pastry chef. I’m not sure about adjusting ingredients, but you could certainly bake it as is in two 9 inch pans. It’s a new recipe for the cake layers, but the filling and whipped frosting are the same. This recipe makes three 8-inch cake layers. Any products I mention are items I genuinely like and personally use. A common issue is not fully creaming the butter and sugar together. I tried the recipe but my cake layers turned out dense and didn’t rise……..I don’t know what I did wrong. Unmold the layer cakes and center 1 of the layers on a platter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not worry. It’s hard to say. Decorate with lemon wedges/slices and/or pipe extra frosting on top if desired! Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of the layer cakes comes out clean. Perhaps its just a different texture than you are expecting. Rave reviews from everyone. Does the consistency of the frosting lend well to piping poufy swirls on top, or “painting”  with it like with buttercream? I made the frosting the night before and when I went to frost it the next day I was worried because it was pretty soft. Hmmm, it could definitely be partly due to refrigerating it. 3. Are they sifting the flour? Set aside. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Thank you so much. Sometimes things are best left alone. Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed the cake. It’s great! I’m glad you enjoyed it overall though! Beat on medium for 1 min after egg whites are all added for fluffer cake. Fill the bag with about 1/2 cup of buttercream. Blueberry Lemon Mascarpone Cake Beyond Frosting. I plan on making this on Friday. Can I substitute the sugar needed with honey? I found a recipe for homemade mascarpone, and it turned out perfectly! Do you have any idea how one would convert the baking time for 6×3″ cake pans? The cakes didn’t rise at all and came out rubbery. Or does it taste best on the same day? My guess is your cheese was too warm when you added it. It’s the perfect cake to welcome the the start of Spring. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. You won’t need as much lemon curd either. I’m new to the baking world this is cake #12 n I have roped my husband into my sous-chef. 15. Instructions: In a medium bowl combine mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, salt, lemon juice and lemon zest.