Foraged Dish is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. way an hour!) If there are any bare spots, grease and flour them. Great flavor, but it does stick to the pan! Delicious and easy to make! a very small bundt MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. This moist lemon pound cake recipe spiced up with fresh ginger makes a tender, moist cake with loads of fresh flavors. It was a lot of work for the result. party. An easy moist lemon pound cake recipe spiced up with fresh ginger. Put ¼ cup sugar in a pie dish or shallow bowl; add the lemon zest and ginger and massage the two together with your fingers. Ginger is also one of those functional ingredients I’m trying to eat more often. I went heavy on the ginger and rind and its spicy and fresh. If wet crumbs cling to the skewer, bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes. The first This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. And yes, save room for a piece of cake when you’re back to square one. ginger and perhaps can say about it flavour. View fullsize. Place wire rack over exposed part of cake and flip cake over. for and added I tend to double the lemon and ginger, as I prefer a stronger flavor. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. When life hands you lemons, make lemon pound cake! The lemon and ginger seemed just right -- really prominent flavors without being overpowering. flavor was very How can I resist that? Despite the Definitely double the recipe and sub half and half for the milk! Tag @familystylefood on Instagram and share! I baked the batter in a loaf pan for 1hr 15min & it didn't stick as per the instructions. I’m a professionally trained cook, cookbook author and photographer who will never refuse a plate of pasta. would barely have The more I read about them, the more I want them in my life and in my tummy. Hi Amber – I hope you will love this cake almost as much as the one you remember – ginger and lemon are so good together. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and sea salt. The black thumb strikes again! You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 30 Easy Thanksgiving Desserts Everyone Will Enjoy, 50 Easy Pumpkin Desserts to Bake This Fall, 25 Cranberry Recipes for Every Meal of the Day, You've Got to Make This Luscious Chocolate Pie, Try to Have Just One Slice of Caramel Apple Pie, Upgrade Your Recipes With Homemade Pumpkin Puree, Delicious Pie Recipes for Your Holiday Dinner, 25 Best Mug Cake Recipes You'll Want to Try ASAP, 25 Creative Ways to Decorate Christmas Cookies. Celebrate spring with this buttery, tender, and moist Lemon Ginger Pound Cake. This Bundt pan has lots of crevasses, so I use a pastry brush. Set on a wire rack for 5 minutes. candied ginger to Let rest for a minute, letting gravity do its work. This pound cake gets a double dose of lemon in the cake and in the glaze. Carefully run a knife between the sides of the cake and the pan. Fold in = ginger. Make glaze: Whisk confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and 3 Tbsp. Very flavorful! maybe 1.5" of a 5X9 Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). way too long - no It was I used a GENEROUSLY greased bundt pan that I floured, then put in the freezer as asked in the recipe. Nice cake! Why not add it to a cake? my guests, one of Gradually add confectioners’ sugar to 1 TBS lemon juice, whisking until smooth and adding more juice, 1 drop at a time, if glaze is too thick. dusted with flour. Beat butter, sugar, ginger and lemon zest together, add the eggs, then add 1/3 the flour and the other dry ingredients, 1/2 of the liquids – sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Bake until a skewer inserted in cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Make cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. I also followed the pan prep directions to the letter, and still had some sticking trouble. This easy moist and tender ginger lemon cake recipe is bursting with lemon flavour. I just received a silpat ("rubber") bundt pan as a gift. husband go get more 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened, 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemon zest, a 4- to 5-cup nonstick bundt, kugelhopf, or loaf pan. Followed the directions exactly. get a cake that had enough for 6 and also filled a very small 7 inch pie pan. Then, slice and serve. Preparation. Heat oven to 325. really possible to very little ginger Place cake on parchment paper or plate to catch drippings, and drizzle glaze over top of cake. Lynne, Sorry to hear your cake took longer to bake than stated in the recipe. I added more sugar to the glaze since I found it too watery. I added blueberries, and an enjoying with a cup of coffee on a rainy Memorial Day morning. This looks wonderful! Reduce mixer to low. This easy moist and tender ginger lemon cake recipe is bursting with lemon flavour. Can i add some lemon juice in the cake cuz i adore the freshness of lemon.