https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-lemon-cheesecake It looks as though your weekend baking paid off in a big way! Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Byerbye. I'm putting it back in for 20 more min. 4 comments. coffee cakes do not have actual coffee in them, they are just called that way as they are usually served along with a cup of coffee in the afternoon. Here you'll find recipes, baking tips, and more. Remove springform pan from water bath. I love crumb cakes in general but this it so totally over the top! Lemon Cream Cheese Crumb Cake - fluffy lemon cake with a creamy cheesecake layer and a crumb topping. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( four, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Bake the cake for 33 to 37 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, the crumb topping is golden and the cream cheese layer looks slightly puffed up. In this recipe it's used in the cake layer as well as the cheesecake layer. Is there any way you would store them if keeping for a while? Remove from the heat. Bake the cake for 33 to 37 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, the crumb topping is golden and the cream cheese layer looks slightly puffed up. this is SO my kind of cake! I have been so craving crumb cake lately and with lemon and cream cheese???!!! springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. In a medium mixing bowl, stir with a fork melted butter, sugar, salt and flour. Still turned out awesome. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Girl, this cake… This cake is a must-make. Thank you for the question! This cake has three layers of texture and flavor yet is so easy to make, you won’t really need a whole afternoon to make it. My friend Gwen gave me this creamy, lip-smacking recipe, and it's been a crowd-pleaser at my house ever since. It’s got a rich, buttery flavor with plenty of tanginess from the fresh citrus and cream cheese. I am so happy to know that. You will need 1 whole lemon for this recipe. Crumb Cheesecake Bars with Lemon, you say?! I discovered (by careless accident) that it also turns out great if you forget the eggs. Looks like a perfect way to end any meal. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Also takes longer to make than recipe states. Let stand for 5 minutes. A little too much lemon. Bake 10 minutes longer. I have a question, how far in advance do you think I could make this? amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "compledelici-20"; It a combination of cake, cheesecake, streusel and lemon, what’s not to like. You may already know, that when it comes to crumb cakes or coffee cakes, I have high standards. Lemon, cream cheese and crumb topping! Place pan on a. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. I can’t wait to make this recipe! WHAT I DID DIFFERENTY WAS I DIDN'T WRAP FOIL AROUND THE PAN AND I PLACED A BAKING PAN WITH HOT WATER IN IT ON THE SECOND RACK IN MY OVEN. Stir in water until smooth. Note: This recipe was created for Go Bold with Butter. Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 40-45 minutes. This is seriously gorgeous and just what I was looking for dessert this weekend! I do find that some lemons are larger and have thicker skin, I should have stated that in my recipe. batter will be thick, do not overmix. In another mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (buttermilk, vanilla, eggs, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice). Hi Kayden! Cool the cake completely in the pan before serving. Pinned. Spread the cake layer in the prepared pan. Just made these. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. Here you will find easy and delicious recipes for busy people. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; What makes a fabulous loaf of cream cheese pound cake even more fabulous? Haven’t tried one yet, but I’m sure they will be delicious. ANNE, Mjummm, it sounds delicious!!! I love everything lemon…pinning this to try later! , Your email address will not be published. This cake has all of the best things! Learn how your comment data is processed. So goood! LOVE the combo of lemon, cream cheese and crumb cake. YES please, pinned! It should be fine however I worry a little about the cream cheese layer. It looks absolutely delicious! . It’s an easy lemon cake recipe, and it takes much less effort than making lemon cupcakes or a lemon layer cake. I am so excited for you to try this recipe. Pour over crust. amzn_assoc_linkid = "92f08c86532ac5a38aae74bb4d6b57b5"; Cool the cake completely in the pan before serving. Pinned. I made it a few days ahead and it was just outstanding. Love that you used lemon to brighten it up! I used regular cream cheese and ginger snaps for the crust. Spread the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. I used full fat cream cheese & one of those store-bought shortbread crusts in the aluminum tins. Required fields are marked *. This cake is crazy delicious! OTHER THEN THAT A FANTASTIC RECIPE. -Anna. And I totally agree – it’s fantastic with coffee! Thanks for sharing your lovely recvipe! I love lemon and creamcheese and now thery're combined on a delicious way! And it makes my day you did it from scratch. My Lemon Blueberry Crumb Cake uses a shortcut (a pie filling) and makes for a gorgeous and scrumptious dessert. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Subscribe today and receive this quick guide right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. Find the original recipe here. I hope you enjoyed the cake! No idea how you got 3 tablespoons of zest from 1 lemon. Fill it with lemon zest and drench the whole thing with a lemon glaze! This light and tender cream cheese pound cake full of zesty lemon flavor is elegant enough for a dinner party, but easy enough for a busy weeknight. Preheat oven to 325°F. Your email address will not be published. amzn_assoc_asins = "B00005UP2P,B0000CFU6X,B0738C7RXF,B00YBP918M"; I need these bars. That topping really is good! So fresh and lemony. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. It’s one of my favorite Spring and Summer desserts! The lemon cake layer is soft and fluffy, the cheesecake layer is creamy with a nice lemon flavor and the crumb topping adds crunch and sweetness. I made this recipe yesterday, as another commented I needed 3 lemons to get what I needed for zest. My husband and I think it is even better the second day. YAY! To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. My recipes are made with everyday ingredients and all of them are family approved! Let glaze sit up for 15 minutes before slicing. Hi, I'm Annalise and I love to bake! Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. © Copyright 2020 - Crunchy Creamy Sweet - Privacy Policy. I am going for a girls weekend and I am signed up for breakfast for one of the mornings. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cream cheese layer. What you choose may depend on what you have stocked in your kitchen, or the look you are going for. Hi Grace! I’m drooling! The cake was a hit with the family. The homemade lemon curd on top adds a tart, special touch! My Best Apple Crumb Cake is the perfect example. Next time I will omit the lemon zest from the filling. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. into one amazing dessert! amzn_assoc_title = ""; Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. This looks amazing, so perfect for Spring! It will go down as the cake cools. The perfect indulgence for a lazy weekend. The creamy cheesecake layer creates a great contrast with the crumb topping. Plus, pound cakes are one of the easiest cakes to bake and serve! 31 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes You Can Make in Your Crock-Pot, This Is the One Thing You’re Forgetting to Bring to Thanksgiving, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese. How far ahead do you think these could be made? The cake can also be made in three store-bought graham cracker pie shells. :-) :-) :-). Absolutely delicious. After the 45 min, I took out, but it was way to jiggly. Very good refreshing recipe. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. -Anna, I finally made this cake yesterday and it lived up to every expectation I had for it!!! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Place a 9-in. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside. It has the thickest crumb topping layer you have ever seen and drizzled with caramel sauce, makes for a fabulous treat. Could use orange and line as well. It’s a moist lemon cake made in a 9×13-inch pan that’s frosted with a tangy lemon cream cheese frosting. It’s got a rich, buttery flavor with plenty of tanginess from the fresh citrus and cream cheese. I DIDN'T DO THE LITE VERSION LOVE MY CREAM CHEESE TOO MUCH. It’s a lemon lover’s dream come true, but it’s also sure to be a hit with everyone. ©2020 Completely Delicious. I recommend refrigerating any leftovers. Same cooking time. My family and myself could not get enough, haha!! In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Wonderful recipe for breakfast, dessert or afternoon treat with coffee , Hi Jessica! Whenever you add lemon to cream cheese its a win in my book! MADE THIS RECIPE LAST WEEKEND AND LIKE MOST CHEESECAKES IT GETS BETTER WITH AGE. The different layers and textures sound so yummy! Plus, pound cakes are one of the easiest cakes to bake and serve! The texture may change a bit. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon zest. Be sure and make it ahead of time. There are a few options when it comes to baking pans for pound cakes. Does this cake need to be refrigerated because of the cream cheese layer? This Lemon Crumb Cake is easy and delicious. Your comment just made my day! Thief bright red of the sauce against the mellow yellow squares was beautiful. Thank you so much for trying the recipe and letting me know you guys loved it! I totally agree with you that baking is much more relaxing when there is time to enjoy the creative process. I served this plated with some raspberry sauce that I whipped together with a little lemoncello liquor. This lemon cream cheese pound cake is dense, but also soft and tender. Otherwise very good. I think this is my favorite cheesecake ever. It will go down as the cake cools. Do you think that it would be okay if it was in the fridge for a couple days? However, I would like to note that I needed 3 large lemons and the juice of one. square). This looks delicious. Mix in the vanilla. Thank you for trying the recipe and for the comment. Add the sugar and lemon zest and beat until light and creamy, 2-3 minutes. I hope you love the cake! This lemon cream cheese pound cake is dense, but also soft and tender. This looks SO GOOD. How much will the flour and sugar weigh? Hi! Drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake batter on the cake layer and gently spread with the back of the spoon. Filed Under: Cake, Dessert Tagged With: coffee cake, crumb cake, lemon. THANK YOU!! LEARNED FROM EXPERIANCE CRUST GOES SOGGY THE OTHER WAY. Hi Samantha! Dud this happen to anyone else? Pour over the cooled cake and garnish with lemon slices or zest, if desired. Sounds amazing . Grease a tube pan or bundt pan with butter and flour. Required fields are marked *. Spread over cheesecake. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. I get there Thursday morning and I’m signed up for Sunday breakfast. And hello I lurve all things lemon! This light and tender cream cheese pound cake full of zesty lemon flavor is elegant enough for a dinner party, but easy enough for a busy weeknight! Securely wrap foil around pan. You’ve combined two of my favorite desserts – crumb bake and lemon bars (plus cream cheese!)