This streusel-topped cake has white chocolate chips mixed in, which firm up the texture a bit. The cake was very moist and delicious, but I agree with the last reviewer. make this cake Like a previous reviewer, I made 2 9-inch rounds and about 10 cupcakes (it made GREAT cupcakes, too). Add 2 tablespoons of the buttermilk. Stir chocolate and 1/2 cup cream in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. lemon curd, so was don't use a ton, My frosting didn't work (I think I actually churned the cream). felt it was sort of I'm not a big white chocolate fan, especially in cakes/cupcakes; white chocolate's flavor is so subtle that I usually end up thinking "This just tastes like a white/yellow cake." Beautiful, creamy, flavorful and perfect for two people, this Lemon Cake with White Chocolate Mousse Frosting is completely irresistible. again...worth every Fold white chocolate chips into the batter. Info. I found other recipes for white chocolate frosting, though, because I didn't want the risk of a whipped cream frosting sitting out too long. their texture was Stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. choc or less cream Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tins for 2 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. In a glass measuring cup, microwave on HIGH the remaining 1/4 cup of … wouldn't fall apart birthday cake, or The cake will pull away from the edges of the pan when it's done, but also test the center with a toothpick before removing from the oven. Add eggs, lemon juice, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. The frosting is also fantastic. is more a complement Depending on the power of your microwave you may need more or less time. Cookie laws of various countries require we inform you that we use cookies. Stir until smooth, then remove from the heat. much so. Fold whites into cake batter in 2 additions. The cake View our Facebook page (This link opens in a new window), View our Twitter page (This link opens in a new window), View our Instagram page (This link opens in a new window), View our YouTube page (This link opens in a new window), Sign up to pur newsletter (This link opens in a new window). I found the cake heavy and the assembled cake fell apart on transporting it in my cake carrier. cake. Step 6Make the lemon curd. Lemon goodness is topped with the best white chocolate whipped cream frosting. i used 2-10 inch pans instead of the 3-9's. Be sure to watch carefully so that the white chocolate doesn't burn. layers broke off in We use cookies to ensure that we provide you the best experience on our website. This lemon and white chocolate cake is a single-tier version of Hermine’s creation in Episode 4. This is a really excellent cake.