I’m also admiring your lovely rice. We have chosen to share this with you to inspire more healthy fresh eating. 1litre beef stock Add the curry paste and stir well to coat the lamb and onions. Add the lamb and fry until browned on all sides, keeping the heat of the pan fairly high. 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), chopped finely. Add garlic and ginger, stir until softened. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Cover and cook for 1 hour. Serve with rice or naan. This meal provides 490 kcal, 36g protein, 28g carbohydrate (of which 7g sugars), 26g fat (of which 9g saturates), 5g fibre and 2.3g salt per portion. Serve with rice or Indian breads. 1 bunch English spinach (or 250g packet frozen spinach) Add the tomato paste, stock, diced tomatoes and the juice of ½ the lemon, season well with salt and pepper. Chris won last year's daytime series Yes Chef, where 16 chefs - all with Michelin stars to their name - mentor amateur home cooks to do battle in the kitchen. This is a good time to have a taste and adjust any seasoning. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Add cumin, coriander, onion and the paste. Change ). Adding the avocado and natural yoghurt mixture on top happened last night only because I’ve got a couple of avocados to use. Tip 1: This dish can be cooked in a slow cooker. Heat a large heavy based pan and add the olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. My Mince, Lentil and Spinach curry was born. "This is a dish that began life in a cookbook and was adapted over the years, cooking it together with my mum when I was a child," he said. Lamb, Lentil and Spinach Curry or Ghosht Dal Palak is one of the things I make well (she said modestly) and something I don’t make often enough especially now that I don’t have a pressure cooker anymore. Bring the mixture to the boil. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan then add the paste, green chillies and half a tsp salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Chop the coriander stems and add to the curry. 1 cup (200g) yellow split peas. "It became our household signature dish, enjoyed by friends and family, and later helped me to win BBC’s Yes Chef, marking the start of my journey following my passion for food and turning it into a career. ( Log Out /  By entering your details, you are agreeing to olive magazine terms and conditions. You could use a shop bought curry paste, but it won't taste quite as fresh and vibrant. In a little more oil brown the mince, breaking it up until cooked through. Add the lamb and cook for 2 minutes until browned, remove from the pan and set aside. This meal provides 490 kcal, 36g protein, 28g carbohydrate (of which 7g sugars), 26g fat (of which 9g saturates), 5g fibre and 2.3g salt per portion.