Also, make sure you are buying Montmorency tart cherry juice and that it is not imported. Another study found drinking the juice significantly increases internal melatonin levels: Melatonin helps us fall asleep faster and stay asleep. Its amazing list of benefits is also the reason why many athletes prefer tart cherry juice as a post-workout recovery boost! Efficacy of tart cherry juice in reducing muscle pain during running: a randomized controlled trial. From gin-soaked raisins to Glucosamine supplements, acupuncture, topical solutions, super-foods, and super-exercises – give me…, Filed Under: Natural Home Remedies Tagged With: superfoods. This includes arthritis, gout, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, metabolic syndrome, and neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Nutrition. Your email address will not be published. You can get enjoy the amazing benefits of tart cherry juice by either drinking it or taking supplements. Lakewood Organic Pure Tart Cherry Juice, 32 Fluid Ounce -- 12 per case. But, cherries are among the fruits that are heavily treated with … Lets have a look at the numerous health benefits of tart cherry j… This post contains affiliate links. $116.33. Nutrients. See more tart cherry drinkers sharing their experience HERE). Lakewood Organic Pure Tart Cherry Juice. Also, pregnant and breastfeeding women can safely eat tart cherries when eaten in normal food amounts. May 30, 2012. But tart cherries are superior because they provide high levels of some novel anthocyanins that are absent from a number of other anthocyanin-rich foods, such as blueberries or bilberries! The study suggested that tart cherries produce a significant muscle protecting benefit. The effects of drinking this juice were tested in a double-blind, randomized trial of runners participating in a 24-hour relay race. If I just close my eyes, I can still smell my grandmother’s tart cherry pie. The information in natural-alternative-therapies.com is not intended as a substitute for professional medical help or advice but is to be used only as an aid in understanding common health problems. Anthocyanins are one of nature’s most potent classes of flavonoids. I do. The taste is extremely acidic, I use straw to drink it to make it go down easier.After drinking tart cherry juice for the past couple of weeks, I noticed it helps me get a better sleep at night, tart cherry juice a nature sleep aid that contains natural melatonin and if you drink 5-8oz before bed, it can help you get a good night sleep and can help fight insomnia, also have more energy during the day. Do you have any questions or comments? But, cherries are among the fruits that are heavily treated with pesticides so it’s important to buy organic. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I use this Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate, and I recommend starting out with 1/2 to 1 tsp a day. 2012;59:86-93. doi:10.1159/000341965, Howatson G, Bell PG, Tallent J, Middleton B, McHugh MP, Ellis J. Her blogs are the culmination of her thousands of hours of research and experience and all the posts are verified by scientific findings. 2012;51(8):909-916. doi:10.1007/s00394-011-0263-7, Kuehl KS, Perrier ET, Elliot DL, Chesnutt JC. Kitty. ), Hope this helps and let me know how it worked for you:). Tart cherry juice is now being called the ultimate superfood juice, for a few very good reasons. If you have high levels of LDL cholesterol, drinking this 8-ounce of this juice daily can lower your levels by 17%. 100% Pure Tart Cherry Juice Not from Concentrate Pasteurized juice pressed from fresh tart cherries Certified Organic Kosher Certified by KOF-K Gluten Free Allergen free - per FDA 8 … Sleigh, AE, Kuehl KS, Elliot DL. Ongoing research finds that tart cherry benefits include heart health, joint health, muscle health, and even insomnia relief. natural-alternative-therapies.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com, myhabit.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. Lakewood is an Independent Family Juice Company bottling a diverse line of pure organic and premium fruit juice products. Even if you never cared for tart cherry pies, now’s the time to start loving tart cherries. Tart Cherry Juice health benefits, prevention of cancer, prevention of heart disease, improve circulation, speeding up healing process, prevent arthritis, improve focus and attention, help … Both groups reported pain after the race. Turns out, the tart taste indicates the number of anthocyanins inside. Benefits of Tart Cherry Extract Anti-Inflammatory Effects. Effect of tart cherry juice (Prunus cerasus) on melatonin levels and enhanced sleep quality. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. In a 2007 pilot study, researchers at Baylor Research Institute gave tart cherries in pill form to patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. Instead of taking synthetic melatonin (extracted from the pineal glands of cows…) to help with sleep problems, you can now drink sour cherry juice and get it in a natural form. Med Sport Sci. made from over 3 lbs. A Boston University study found that cherry extract reduced the risk of gout attacks by 45%! For arthritis/gout pain relief – try 1 tsp. Your email address will not be published. Oxidative stress creates inflammation, which leads to conditions and diseases such as... Antioxidant Properties. Quality tart cherry juice is organic, with no added sugars, additives, or high fructose corn syrup. But tart cherries are much more than just a pie ingredient. The large number of phenolics, including anthocyanins, was shown to be responsible for this neuron defense. 2010;7:17. It will tell you if you’re not tasking enough or taking too much. I just saw one guy who bought this Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate claiming that all he needs are 1 teaspoon 3 times a day to eliminate his pain when he gets a flare-up. Organic Juice in a glass bottle (pack of 6) – Find it here, Organic juice concentrate (no additives) – Find it here. lakewood organic 100% pure tart cherry juice provides a nutritious, delicious refreshment for you and your family. Learn how your comment data is processed. Montmorency tart cherries (prunus cerasus), also called sour cherries, are known for their distinctive sour-sweet flavor and unique nutrient profile. For pain – As soon as you feel pain and every 2 hours after that until you feel the effect (Up to 3 times max. The researchers described it as “strong anti-neurodegenerative activity”. For sleep problems – try this amount 1 hour before you go to bed to sleep like a rock. Michigan Tart Cherries can effectively reduce symptoms of degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington disease. Tart cherries seem to naturally and safely reduce uric acid levels. Also, the researchers discovered that when cherry intake was combined with allopurinol use, the risk for gout attacks was reduced by 75%.