Welcome! It’s the time of year for no-bake desserts and this simple Strawberries and Cream recipe (called fresas con crema in Mexico, where it originated) is just the type of light, healthier dessert I crave all summer long! Feliz pascua! These Sweet Condensed Milk Bars or Cocadas de Lechera are the perfect dessert for entertaining. Have fun with the egg hunts! I made this recipe last night, so quick and easy, but so delicious. I don’t like staying in the kitchen for hours after cooking the main course making dessert, so I prefer simple desserts for entertaining. Strawberries and Cream (Mexican Fresas con Crema). This is packed with goodness and flavor and makes life easy. Learn how your comment data is processed. My family have another recipe, instead of fried the plantain they put it at the steam about 10 minutes and its serve with condensed milk. It was perfect and a really easy recipe. If you like sweet Mexican food, you’ll love my Tres Leches Cake and Mexican Horchata! These were SO easy to make and came out perfectly baked in a mini muffin pan! RATE and COMMENT below! Hope you had a wonderful Easter! I love coconut so I’d be all over these bars! I just made a similar dessert but topped it with a layer of almonds and chocolate. I wish you all a happy Pascua (Easter) with your families and friends. For some reason, I always seem to forget to buy it. Required fields are marked *. Pour 1/2 cup of the cream mixture over the top. I may try both since he can’t remember which one they used in Tampico. This is SOOOOOO simple – I’m totally on it – perfect for this weekend, and you know how much I LOVE condensed milk. Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes. It’s a light and refreshing dessert that can also be enjoyed as a quick snack. Food blog with authentic Mexican recipes. Oh wow! of sweetened condensed milk, place it in a pot or large saucepan, and cover it with water by 1 to 2 inches. Like it was for the tamale cart in the morning, the afternoon was for the banana man with his three wheeled silver cart which to us looked like a locomotive passing down the street announcing it’s arrival. The cream sauce is made by combining sour cream (or substitute plain Greek yogurt) with evaporated milk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Privacy and Terms. Cut the banana in half then cut each piece in half lengthwise. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2010-2020 | Contact Me | Privacy Policy. Thanks! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. https://www.cooksrecipes.com/dessert/la_lechera_sweet_tamales_recipe.html Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk. 1 can (14 oz ) condensed milk; 5 cups sweet shredded coconut; Directions. Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/carnation-sweetened-condensed-milk Strawberries and Cream (Fresas con Crema) is a traditional Mexican dessert recipe made with la lechera (sweetened condensed milk), whipping cream, sour cream, and strawberries.