We reserve the right to delete off-topic or inflammatory comments. Add ramen to pot and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Or give a little squeeze of fresh lime juice like you’d find in Thai recipes.

The execution is a bit more complex an it took us more than a few tries to get it right, but the end results are worth it. That was until, I started watching Korean drama, now I have new appreciation for Ramen or Ramyun as Korean … https://asianrecipesathome.com/upgraded-instant-ramen-recipe-hack I also like to add cilantro, Thai basil, and sometimes even parsley. presentation-ready copies of Toronto Star content for distribution

Check out 30+ more ramen hacks right this way! The resulting Ramen Snack Mix is elegant enough to take with you on your next black tie hiking trip, or casual enough to fuel your next Mario Kart rampage. Post whatever you want, just keep it seriously about eats, seriously. The following recipes are completely, entirely, and utterly bereft of any significant cultural, culinary, or intellectual value, and, well, I'm sort of OK with that. Everybody knows the classic ramen snack mix, right? Copyright owned or licensed by Toronto Star Newspapers Limited. Pour noodles and broth over bok choy. And I’ll explain how below with our 5 ramen hacks.
You could choose a bone broth to add more protein. That said, my tastes have changed and expanded considerably over the years, and sometimes that little flavoring packet just isn't enough. Cook until bok choy is tender and tofu is heated, about 1-2 minutes. Or, add the broth first, then flavor with the included spice pack a little bit at a time to get it just right. The concept for Ramen-Crusted Fried Chicken is simple: brine chicken in a solution of buttermilk and ramen seasoning, bread it with crunched up ramen noodles, then deep fry it until crisp and juicy. One of the surprise winners in this recipes testing, a Ramen Spanish Tortilla is not only surprisingly delicious, it's also surprisingly easy to make—far easier than its potatoey cousin.

Remove egg from heat. Cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn heat back to medium. The best way to turn ramen instant noodles into a full meal is by adding a protein. Sliced chicken, pork, or beef are all fantastic protein options in addition to an egg. Any onion will work. starts with bacon cooked crisp. The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science (based on his Serious Eats column of the same name) is a New York Times best-seller, recipient of a James Beard Award, and was named Cookbook of the Year in 2015 by the International Association of Culinary Professionals. But for now, let's just have some fun, ok? J. Kenji López-Alt is a stay-at-home dad who moonlights as the Chief Culinary Consultant of Serious Eats and the Chef/Partner of Wursthall, a German-inspired California beer hall near his home in San Mateo. https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/pimp-your-ramen-recipes

Adding Sriracha, the popular hot sauce made with red chili and garlic, to a bowl of instant ramen is a classic, low-cost hack because it's easy, affordable, and gives the noodles a nice spice. Or just choose a different brand of instant noodle. Rachelle is the founder of TheTravelBite.com and was named one of USA Today's 10Best Food and Travel Bloggers. To that pan we add our cooked ramen noodles, a bit of their cooking water, half of a seasoning packet, an egg beaten with Parmesan cheese, and plenty of black pepper.

3 cups …

Sure, we've written about everything from where to find the best ramen in New York to how to make a vegan ramen broth worthy of slurping, but we've also showed you how to transform your ramen into a shepherd's pie, along with over 30 other quick upgrades to your instant noodles. Everyone knows a bit of egg or ham takes a little ramen a long way, but do you know about these other ways to level up your Korean ramen game? To order ), and embracing the ridiculous, the silly, the downright stupid. The acidity of the tomato-based broth lightens the dish. But you could also do a sunny side up egg the way it’s served in a Korean Bibimbap. I’ve always been a believer of the best ramen is made by following the directions of the package. rights reserved.

05/21/2020 by Rachelle Lucas Leave a Comment. In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, whisk together vegetable broth, tomato paste and curry powder. 1.6k.

Looking for a few good ramen hacks? Add egg. Here we've got the infamous Kim-Cheese Ramen bowl, made by stirring chopped kimchi (with its juices, please!) Never in his wildest imagination did the younger me think he'd one day be making a living out of stuffing tortillas with noodles and photographing them, but, well, here we are, thanks to the fickle whims of the internet. Your email address will not be published. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.

So, if you’re a grown adult looking for ways to extend the time between grocery shopping trips, or just looking for budget friendly pantry meals, here’s how to upgrade instant noodles to make them fancy enough to post on Instagram. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. Today we're dusting off our membership cards to the newly expanded Ramen Transmogrification Society of the Greater Universe (any other members of the RTSGU out there? She believes the best way to learn about a destination is through its flavors and collects recipes from her trips to recreate them here on The Travel Bite. Green onions are a must. Carefully peel egg and set aside. Another thing you can do to upgrade your instant ramen noodles is to mix up your own spices. As such, I've spent a lot of time devising ways to upgrade my ramen in cheap, easy ways.

to colleagues, clients or customers, or inquire about And if herbs and fresh green vegetables aren’t your thing, you could add some sautéed garlic and mushrooms.

All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. Toronto Star articles, please go to: www.TorontoStarReprints.com, Learn to make Kinton Ramen's chicken spicy jalapeno ramen, Skip the tempura, it’s all about the ramen at these Elm Street restaurants, Make healthier instant ramen with this easy homemade broth, The Toronto Star and thestar.com, each property of Toronto Star

The rest of you must have just been confused by my poor choice of wording, but I'm glad you're coming along with me on this one, because, well, you and the noodles are about all I've got. And the spice packet that comes with it includes roasted garlic and chili pepper too.
Plate it all up with some chopped herbs, and if you want to go extra high-end, throw a raw egg yolk on top of there to mix in as you eat. No problem. When broth begins to simmer, add salt and pepper to taste. We're taking those same noodles, breaking them into bite-sized chunks, then tossing them with bagel bites, shrimp chips, and mixed nuts. I’ll throw in a handful of vegetables to up the healthy factor.

The one where you crunch up the noodles, pour on the dry seasoning packet, shake, and consume?

You could also add some crunchy bean sprouts similar to what you might find in pho. Required fields are marked *. over medium heat until shimmering, then slide in the egg/ramen mixture, spread it into an even layer, and let it fry until browned on the bottom. Ramen noodles get laid down in a bed of olive oil in a hot skillet before being topped with cheese, sauce, more cheese, and toppings.