Hebrews 12 New Living Translation (NLT) God’s Discipline Proves His Love. You are not all of you in trial, I know no father chastises his whole family at once. All rights reserved. TEXT: HEB. The Holy Bible, New Living Translation, is an authoritative Bible translation, rendered faithfully into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars…, “The NLT second edition was put together by a dream team of scholars and linguists and gives us a Bible that is thoroughly reliable and eminently readable. Select from a variety of email devotionals from The New Living Translation, each with catered scripture verses and devotional messages. 12:6 For - All springs from love; therefore neither despise nor faint. NLT.to is a powerful scripture search engine based on the New Living Translation. 10, 14. But are we right in availing ourselves of the apparent cessation which has been granted to us through …Friedrich Schleiermacher—Selected Sermons of Schleiermacher, ChastisementPeradventure this morning I may have some within these walls who are passing under the chastising hand of God. 11, 12. xii. Hebrews 12:6 New Living Translation (NLT) 6 For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”[ a] The NLT is an excellent translation for serious Bible study because at every turn of the page the NLT provides illuminating renderings of passages that are difficult to understand in other versions. MY devout friends, the terrific form of the devastating -L-l- disease which has so long been raging in this great city has now left us, though we cannot feel entire confidence that it will not return; for it would not be the first instance if it appeared a second time, in a place so densely populated, to repeat its devastations. and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”*12:5-6 Prov 3:11-12 (Greek version). You are not all of you in trial, I know no father chastises his whole family at once. All of the Bible scholars and stylists involved in the New Living Translation are Christians who accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. My First Hands-on Bible--soft leather-look, bold blue, NLT Life Application Large-Print Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, black/onyx (indexed), NLT One Year Premium Slimline Large Print Bible: 10th Anniversary - softcover, NLT Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, brown/tan (indexed) (red letter), NLT Holy Bible, Giant Print, Black Imitation Leather, NLT Large-Print Thinline Reference Bible, Filament Enabled Edition--soft leather-look, berry. It is to them that I shall have to speak. He refers to the whole church, in the midst of which the Holy Spirit now dwells. Twenty-Ninth Day. It allows the Scriptures to speak with fresh vitality.”, Menlo Park Presbyterian Menlo Park, California. It is to them that I shall have to speak. Hebrews 12:6 For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.” Read verse in New Living Translation 12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. xii. The New Living Translation is an authoritative Bible translation, rendered faithfully into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars. 6 For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”* 12:5-6 Prov 3:11-12 (Greek version). Search by verses, keywords, books, and chapters. He refers to the whole church, in the midst of which the Holy Spirit now dwells. It perfected His humanity. There is perhaps no part of God's word which sheds such Divine light upon suffering as the Epistle to the Hebrews. Who Are the Translators of the New Living Translation. It is so seldom that God afflicts people, after all, compared with their faults, that we must not expect to find in this congregation, perhaps, one-half of the children of God passing under the rod of the covenant; but if you are not under it now, you will have …Charles Haddon Spurgeon—Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: 1855, The Blood of SprinklingOur apostle next tells us what we are come to. See a comparison chart of English Bible translations, each placed along a continuum from word-for-word to thought-for-thought to paraphrased. It proved that He, who had fulfilled God's will in, (Preached on the Cessation of Cholera, Feb. 1832). xii. 12:6 For - All springs from love; therefore neither despise nor faint. Follow after sanctification, without which no man shall see the Lord.'--Heb.