I prefer using non-bleached parchment paper to lift the loaf right out of the pan. Great combination of flavors and textures. Love it! But come July, when this baby is in my arms and I have a shot at wearing normal clothes and drinking basically anything with tequila in it, I will be in heaven. loading... X. Easy Key Lime Coconut Cake. Cut the domes off the baked cake layers. Thank you, The layers of this coconut key lime cake are scented in two ways. Who knew?! even able to slice through each cake round to make 2 layers. The presentation is ordinary. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. i also added some dark rum on layers, and it gave the cake a decadent flavor boost . Made this cake today and it is DELICIOUS!!! Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). The punch of lime juice and zest is refreshing and so tasty. Good thing this sheet cake serves a crowd—the creamy key lime topping will have your guests coming back for a second piece. Thanks natasha for your reply ..wll try it out thanks again. It’s divine! The coconut flakes are crispiest if served right away but it is easier to slice the cake once it's had a chance to set in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. It’s not just the lack of adult beverages or the repetitive nature of saying, “I’ll just have water, thanks.” It’s lots of things. Generously butter a 9- by 2-inch round cake pan and line bottom with a round of parchment paper. Made it for Easter dinner and it was a big hit. Mix until just combined; do not overmix. The cake was not heavy at all and the topping was yummy. Yum, I made this cake for my dad’s birthday this weekend. thecafesucrefarine.com Jane. Just cream the coconut oil with the butter and sugar. I'm disappointed. It’s sure to get you in the mood for summer. The recipe doesn’t tell what temperature to cook the cake or how long to bake. I’m so happy you enjoyed that. I made so many of your cakes, and they ALL turned out gorgeous and delicious! Bake cake until top is set and golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Very easy instructions which meant not much room for error.. thank you . It’s pummeled with crunchy toasted coconut and boasts the juice from 5 limes. Looks so delicous. If you like dense cake, you will like this one with its fabulous freshness (it worked after a heavy Easter dinner). Thank you so much! Frost cooled cupcakes. But next time I might just layer the curd as previously suggested. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I would assume that you would use the same quantities of zest and juice. Thanks Natasha! Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof medium bowl. Set aside to cool. Let cool. 3.5/4. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. When you’re third-trimestering with a watermelon-sized gut, you can’t just flip over to sun your rear. The cake does take a long time to make - took most of the day given that I had to run to multiple stores to find key limes. I’m happy to hear that Blair! Key lime yogurt cake Ingredients. I wouldn't make it again. Add 3 tablespoons Key lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons Key lime zest, and vanilla extract. Well, have to say, being in a rush, I skim read the cooking instructions, and assumed it was a 'juice in batter' cake, and once it was all mixed and in the oven, I scrolled down to the part of adding the coconut milk and lime juice AFTER being baked! The person who invents a better way to zest citrus fruits than a microplane will become a millionaire. And happy birthday to your buddy! Slowly pour key lime zest mixture over cake. This key lime cake is pummeled with toasted coconut and boasts the juice of 5 limes. I'm giving it three forks, only because I would like for there to be more coconut flavor. Allow to cool completely. I will not repeat the cake part. Updating that right now!). Tabloid Cover Wednesday – NewsFollowers.online BREAKING-NEWS. Have you seen all of our cupcake recipes? For anyone making an Easter cake like me, just wanted you to know. Thanks for sharing your great review . Hey Natasha! Remove from pan to cool, about 5 minutes. Add lime zest and juice and beat to combine (1 minute on high). Before baking any sweet bread, you’ll want to get your oven preheated and your loaf pan greased or lined. FULL ON MAN-SWEATING. Some people liked it, but I prefer fluffier texture. In medium bowl, mix together dried coconut, almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt, sweetener, baking powder, and dried lemon or lime peel. As previous reviewers have mentioned, the cake is quite dense--potentially from all the soaking liquid, of which there is quite a large volume. I don't know if it'd be possible to get the soaked cake out of the pan, even with a lot of parchment liners. Info. Thank you and I loved the video. Hi Sharon, I’ve never tried freezing a cake from store-bought cake mix so I’m not sure how that would work. , Hi Nadia, it would have to be a different batter recipe since this classic European sponge cake doesn’t work well in cake liners – I have tried and it sticks badly since there is no oil or butter in the cake. One of my readers, Lena shared this recipe with us using our 4-ingredient sponge cake as a base. I hope you enjoy these video recipes. Not too sweet, not too tart. This will definitely be part of my repertoire now. Thanks for the awesome compliment . Toast coconut at 350˚F in a small baking pan in oven, stirring a few times, especially towards the end, until golden and dry, 7 to 10 minutes. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on key lime curd and chill at least 30 minutes. I’m going to be honest- this cake makes me want an adult beverage. try the frosting on the coconut almond cake on my site! Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with coconut milk mixture in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. I made a 1/2 batch in a 9-inch round pan since the area is almost exactly half a 9-by-13. I made it exactly the same way and it was great !!! You can test this by carefully rubbing the mixture between two fingers. Thanks. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating for an additional minute afterward. I used Namaste flour to make this cake gluten free since one of my sisters is intolorent. It needed a slightly longer baking time than the recipe said: 40 minutes at 350. This cake was amazing and very easy to make . Find them all here , how many grams are in your cups ? Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Cream sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at medium speed, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl, until pale and fluffy, 3–4 minutes. I remembered the lemon Jello Poke cake my mother used to make and thought the addition of a gelatin might be good in this application; it worked. Drop the zest in the whipped cream and add some powdered sugar. I have only experimented with this using a 9″ round cake pan or a 9×13 or a sheet pan. Daniel, 1 cup of sugar is 200 grams, 1 cup of flour is 128 grams, 3/4 cup water is 177 ml. Totally reasonable. By the way, I doubled the lime curd recipe so I'm all set to make it again! This coconut key lime cake, with its zesty key lime layers and sticky sweet coconut frosting, has me seeing mirages of boozy frozen treats at every bite, and I am just not even a bit ashamed of that. vanilla + 1 tsp. I made two changes based on the comments - adding the coconut oil to the creamed butter and sugar, and increasing the baking powder to one tsp. How to make a Coconut Key Lime Rum Cake: Mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil, sour cream, key lime juice and zest, and milk. I am THRILLED to hear this. Also, the syrup would probably make a cake mix cake a little soggy. 3. The denseness is like that of a dulce de leche cake. Meanwhile, in a large clean bowl or clean bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. The cake is done when no crumbs or dry crumbs remain on a wooden pick when inserted in the thickest part of the cake. Watch this video and see if your batter looked the same. A glaze can be made with 3 tablespoons powdered sweetener and enough lime juice to get the right consistency. Spread coconut flakes in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing halfway through, until crispy and golden, 5–7 minutes. The cake layers bake up moist and fluffy, slightly more dense than a white cake but with a fine crumb. Coconut oil is the special ingredient in these delicately flavored, tender cupcakes. 2. Creamy!!!!!!!! Garnish with a slice of fresh Key lime if desired. I think something could be made of the idea, but this recipe missed on too many points- the glaze and topping could have been simpler and better, too. If you need more intel on properly whipping egg whites for the frosting on this coconut key lime cake, you should revisit my last “You Need to Know” post!