Who does this recipe belong to? 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup fresh lime or Key-lime juice, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons grated zest (from 4 to 6 limes… 10-to-15-cup Bundt pan with but­ter; dust with flour, tap­ping out ex­cess. You can use them in place of regular limes and they're especially prized in Thai cooking. From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. I would put the glaze in a container to ship. Give your traditional pound cake recipe a break and try this one. Would you recommend glazing it before nailing or putting the glaze in a container for her to apply after she gets it? vegetable. Persian limes are the variety of limes that you're most likely to pick up in the grocery store. Maybe it needs reposting. Bakeware. FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX! It’s a delicious twist to a traditional Southern pound cake recipe. Comment below or mention & tag me on Instagram. The egg yolks may change the green coloring slightly. Another Tex-Mex winner is our recipe for Spicy Chicken-and-Lime Soup, which is made with two tablespoons of fresh Persian lime juice. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar. We were in the thick of quarantine at the time, so there was no chance of having “more of a crowd” any time soon. 1/3 cup flour 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature Full of flavor, this dessert is great for entertaining. Bakeware. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine (you should have 1 heaping cup); transfer to a large bowl and whisk in flour, salt, and cinnamon. If so, how much? But I was determined. Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. Gather remaining streusel in your hands and press into large clumps before sprinkling over top to cover. I made your cake. I have made this cake many times,with powdered sugar and plain. Visit all my recommended products at Paula’s Picks on Amazon. I mean, it is all over this blog! Kitchen. Mashed potato gives this dessert body and a super moist texture. I have made it several times over the past few weeks for different occasions. But what if I halved the recipe to make just one loaf cake? Test it carefully (without moving the cake too much) with a small, long wooden skewer. It’s full of bright citrus flavor that you’re sure to love. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. Just search “streusel”!!!). Scratch made Key Lime Pound Cake Recipe with Key Lime Glaze is a wonderfully tart and sweet pound cake. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and lime zest and beat again. Lime juice pairs particularly well with Asian ingredients and cuts the sweet and saltiness of hoisin or teriyaki sauce; taste the magic of lime juice in our recipe for Teriyaki-Glazed Grilled Chicken or summery Grilled Corn with Fish Sauce and Scallions. zest and juice from 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon juice). Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. Beat at low speed until just blended after each addition. And there was much lime flavor running through all the components – delicious. This post contains affiliate links. You’ll need to cream the. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. Thank you, Yes, I used Crisco. Vegetable shortening. Do not. Our cross between coffee cake and Key-lime pie is brought to you by streusel. They're harder to find than regular Persian limes, but like most citrus, this variety of limes is at its peak in winter and very early spring, so stock up when you find them. Make sure the eggs and butter are at room temperature. Then try our go-to menu. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Immediately after removing cake from oven, use a large spatula to transfer it to rack. This cake is a refreshing lime flavor. I was seriously considering adding a stick of butter instead. Lime juice pairs particularly well with Asian ingredients and cuts the sweet and saltiness of hoisin or teriyaki sauce; taste the magic of lime juice in our recipe for Teriyaki-Glazed Grilled Chicken or summery Grilled Corn with Fish Sauce and Scallions. Key limes (also known as Mexican or West Indian limes) are smaller than Persian limes and known for being incredibly aromatic, juicy, and acidic. Appealing green color and citrus flavor are always festive! Of course, there's nothing like a squeeze of lime juice over fish tacos or beef chili—two Mexican-inspired favorites. This post contains affiliate links. Brush the cake all over with the syrup and return to the oven for another 3 minutes. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with milk and then lime juice, beginning and ending with flour. Or just cake flour and then sift it? There are some moisture patches throughout my cake where it looks like the lime juice settled. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. My glaze was more translucent. Just made this and I am glad I beat the butter and shortening as long as I did, did not have a bundt pan but used an angel food pan, it leaked some but the finished product is terrific, very moist, dense but lite, good flavor, and the icing is the best part, thanks. I noticed in your comments about “how to make a pound cake” it says to add “room temperature whipping cream” but in the recipe it says whole milk. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Butternut squash might be fall's most versatile (and beloved!) Can I use Crisco butter flavor for the shortening? Butternut squash might be fall's most versatile (and beloved!) Get the full recipe here: https://trib.al/TPku49Q Egg whites and cake flour create a stark white batter (and super tender crumb) that is a perfect canvas for tinting. Mix until smooth. Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials. Get the full recipe here: https://trib.al/TPku49Q Where is your reply? 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. The batter is thick and it takes a long time to bake. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. I love a good pound cake and the bright flavor of key lime makes it sound even better! Subscribe to receive blog updates in your email inbox, Copyright © 2020 Call Me PMc. on sale for $14.99 original price $19.99 $ 14.99 ... Anolon Bronze Advanced Bronze Nonstick Bakeware 9-in. I use all-purpose flour – sift then measure. I have also made it into a 1/4 sheet cake by doubling the recipe and using a cream cheese lime frosting.