Cook the cake in the microwave for about 1 minute and 40 seconds. You can also cook extra and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Topping Meanwhile, mix topping ingredients in a small bowl and combine well. Home » Recipes » Keto Lemon Mug Cake Recipe – Quick & Easy Low Carb Dessert. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. If you love lemon you will love this muffin. I used Allulose sweetener. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. First, whisk together the flours, sweetener, and baking powder. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth. See Disclosure 1 serving has 3g net carbs. The cake can be topped with toppings of your choice. Bake your mug cake for about 10-15 minutes. I’m glad you enjoyed! You can test if your mug cake is completely cooked by pricking the center with a toothpick - if it comes … Make sure to dust the top with powdered sweetener sugar. Let cake cool slightly before dusting with powdered sugar substitute (like Swerve) or other topping of your choice. I am not a certified nutritionist. I love lemon so when it came out, I poured a bit more lemon juice on top. Stir in 1/4 tsp lemon zest. Love this lemon cake! Didn’t taste like a lemony scrambled egg, like most mug cakes made with a whole egg. The best mug cake I’ve made!! But low carb mug cakes are a whole different territory and it’s definitely reignited my desire to create new mug cakes. Add a little more zest over surface of the cake. Terms | Privacy. I’m so glad you like it! If you’re looking for a full size cake please try this recipe: https://kirbiecravings.com/keto-lemon-cake/. Subscribe for Free Recipes to Your Inbox! I think lemon desserts are best served room temp or even chilled, but I was too greedy to wait. I prefer almond flour cakes because I find that they come out more light and moist. At the same time, you need to make sure you only use 1/4 tsp of coconut flour. How can I increase this recipe and bake in the oven to make a full size cake or cupcakes? When I wrote my mug cake cookbook* a few years ago, I felt like I exhausted every flavor combination possible for a regular mug cake. HIgh praise! The cake will not be able to asborb all the lemon juice and will not rise properly without it. Second, add the … I’m sorry I didn’t post a photo, but we ate them before we could snap a pic! This Keto Lemon Mug Cake recipe makes 1 serving. The lemon juice soaks into the batter and makes the batter ultra-moist. It goes with so many … In a microwave-safe mug that can hold at least 8 oz of liquid, add all mug cake ingredients except lemon zest. Lemon Extract - If you don’t have some lemon extract, it’s worth getting some. You may need to adjust time and/or power if you are using a different wattage. But a little bit of coconut flour is needed to soak up the lemon juice. Mix … I’m so glad! Keto Cauliflower, Faux Potato Salad – Just As Tasty If Not Better! In a small bowl add the coconut flour, almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and lemon zest. This was so good! I made it in an 8 oz mug. I love lemon and this made me happy ? All Rights Reserved. Thanks again! Made exactly as written. What a great treat! Top with almond slivers (optional) Delicious!!!! Mix well. You may have extra. If you only have a granulated sweetener, use a small blender or food processor to grind it into a fine powder. Add a little more zest over surface of the cake. Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies with Coconut Flour, Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe – Gluten Free, Keto Sweeteners & Low Carb Sugar Substitutes, How to Start a Low Carb Diet Plan Successfully, Best Keto Foods List For Burning Fat Efficiently, How to Cook Boneless Pork Ribs in the Oven Fast. This cake is made with a combination of superfine almond flour and coconut flour. I absolutely love how moist and full of flavor this is. The cake does not rise that high so using an 8 oz mug should be sufficient. Our sweet and zesty Keto Lemon Mug Cake is the perfect sugar-free dessert for one! Carbs don’t change much whether the cake is plain or topped with icing. This cake gets its lemon flavor from both lemon juice and lemon zest. Soooo good! The lemon zest really enhances the lemon flavor throughout the cake. This low carb and keto-friendly mug cake is bursting with lemon flavor. This Low Carb cake recipe is so easy and ready in less than 5 minutes! My husband and I both enjoyed it a lot. This lemon mug cake is sweet and bright and reminds me of lemonade and summer. Next time (as in tomorrow night) I’ll make a lemon icing. Super delicious! The lemon juice tends to sink a little towards the lower half of the cake. Modified: Sep 23, 2020 by Lisa MarcAurele 6 Comments - This post may contain affiliate links. LOW CARB YUM. Learn how your comment data is processed. Lately, I have really been loving creating low carb mug cakes. Add all wet ingredients and mix thoroughly with a fork. Through this blog, we share our eating adventures and recipes. Thank you for your kind words! We recommend making this Keto Lemon Mug Cake recipe fresh to order! The cake is best consumed shortly after it is cooked. For a large cake be sure to check out my keto lemon cake, too. Cake is best consumed shortly after it is cooked. Few new recipes make to either place. It's a low-carb treat with just 4 grams of net carbs. The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. The coconut flour is essential to this recipe. I use an 1100 watt microwave. Add almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and egg to mug with the melted butter and softened … Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. I’m trying to give this a 5 star rating, but for some reason it keeps changing to 4. We love to eat, cook and travel for food. If you find your dough is too liquid add a bit … I kept it simple with some powdered Swerve. Thanks for sharing! Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. – How long does it take to get into ketosis? Absolutely delicious! Stir in 1/4 tsp lemon zest.