And possibly a bit of sweetener as raw cacao can be quite bitter. My protein sources have included heaps of chickpeas, beans, some lentils and nuts and seeds (ontop of my B12 and Iron supplements). Angela x, Hi Angela, This recipe sure does look good, but doesn’t come even close to being Keto friendly… there are over 80 grams of carbs with around 30 grams of fibre… that still qualifies as 50 grams of carbs, which is 25 grams more than keto allows in an entire day. I love the taste that the toasted coconut shavings add to the dish, not to mention the toasted coconut aroma that drifts throughout the house – yum! We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website, see our, Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake, Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain, Your macros update based on your progress, Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy, Body weight, body fat and body measurements, Expert articles to help you make informed choices. This has all come to a bit of a standstill since eating a high fat/low carb diet. Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya. These tasty low-carb breakfast jars can be made without any sweeteners. Thank you for stopping by! Mix together and add the coconut milk. Use Organic where ever possible - Overnight setting in the fridge is required, however not 100% necessary - 15 mins 'swell' time is thus required from the chia seeds. Place the sliced strawberries in a small sauce pan and add 2 tablespoons of water. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Chocolate Protein Cookies – Super Crunchy! Now, there are the odd days where things will just be completely out of whack, but that’s normal in the life of Type 1 Diabetes. https://www.fatsoflife.co.uk/blueberry-chia-keto-breakfast-pots Thank you! They are Weck Tulip jelly/ preserving jars - I got them from Amazon (Amazon link), The jars are adorable! – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –, *IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. I also blog about a range of topics all related to holistic health and wellness. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to soften and swell. Learn how your comment data is processed. Most importantly, be patient and kind to yourself. Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Frittata (Keto). Hi Joanna, this is what I do to get coconut cream: How To Make Coconut Cream, This looks amazing and I will definitely be making it this week!! Come Saturday, you can take the time to prepare a bacon and egg fry-up. I think that the 4-oz jars may be just enough to fit the chia layer but not for the yogurt and strawberry topping. To delve a little deeper into the low carb/high fat way of eating, I did some of my own research (as you do) to learn more about what is actually happening in my body when I opt for healthy fats as an energy source. Strawberries and cinnamon give them a subtle, natural sweetness, and full-fat yogurt will add a refreshing zing. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Your email address will not be published. Thankfully for me, it’s a snack that’s also quite good for me thanks to all of those heart healthy omega-3 fats. Optionally, add a few drops of stevia. Cook the blueberries over moderate heat in a small pan with one tablespoon of water. Drop me a line if you have any questions or comments about this recipe. Don't subscribe Yogurt, plain (full-fat, Greek style, 5% fat), Recipes for Intermittent Fasting (OMAD & TMAD), 4 large strawberries, sliced (72 g/ 2.5 oz). I feel I was constantly wanting more carbs and ultimately more sugar which lead to more eating and more insulin. So if you’re on keto, and having trouble passing (you know, ! Each and every one of us is so different, and what works for me may not work for you – and that is completely ok! That’s when I decided to quit sugar, grains, and processed foods, and to start following a whole-foods-based ketogenic approach to food. However having done more research into this way of eating (and feeling some the benefits), I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Top with full-fat yogurt (I like Fage Total, 5% fat), or use coconut milk yogurt or. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger powder and coconut milk. Add the cooked strawberry layer. Always the feeling of needing something. Slice 1 cup of strawberries (reserve 4 large strawberries for the top layer).