I'm Maya Krampf - cookbook author, recipe developer, meal plan creator, writer, photographer, and keto advocate. This is the last recipe of the year! My only critique would be that you should lightly season the chicken directly too as all the flavor was in the breading leaving a bland inside. Air Fryer Keto Chicken Strip Tenders Ingredients 1 pound chicken … So golden and yummy! DELICIOUS!!! It took around 14 minutes in my air fryer for the chicken to get done, but times will vary depending on your air fryer. Pork rinds with spices – This is the crispy exterior. Also, the time for a regular oven may take longer than the air fryer. In a third bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds, smoked paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate and enjoy cold or using reheated directions above. Spicy Fried Chicken without all the carbs? Registered trademark. Great photo! Serve hot. Rude or inappropriate comments will not be published. My low carb keto blog contains EASY, natural, keto & low Instead I used 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts. amzn_assoc_asins = "B07GJBBGHG,B01LKRHW3E,B074ZK8MQS,B0723FXC74"; Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F (if your air fryer allows). We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. ), Baked Or Air Fryer Stuffed Baby Artichokes Recipe, Easy Fried Pickles Recipe - 5 Ingredients (Low Carb, Gluten-free), Easy Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe - Low Carb, Keto Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe With Bacon, Keto Sauteed Radishes Recipe (Fried Radishes), Easy Healthy Pan Fried Squash and Zucchini Recipe, Pan Fried Green Beans Almondine Recipe with Bacon and Garlic, Crispy Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts Recipe with Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar, Juicy Baked Chicken Breast Recipe: The Best Way To Bake Chicken. Place chicken in the air fryer in one single layer. Yet another reason that I need an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Another Tip to prevent clumping: Keep most of the third mixture in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to the bowl where you’ll be coating the chicken. Especially if I cook them separately. Set them up in a line, in this order: Important Tip: Use one hand to handle the dry ingredients (coconut flour and pork rind mixtures) and the other to handle the wet egg wash. (This is optional and FREE. Get a paper plate or dinner plate ready. I haven’t tested to say how long, but I’d estimate about 20 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F, for drumsticks. The chicken looks perfectly crispy. amzn_assoc_title = ""; Hi Amanda, Thank you so much, glad to hear you like this recipe and my others! Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. And, 3. This chicken looks delicious! This looks delicious- I love coconut flour! I would start checking the internal temp for doneness around 15 minutes. I am not a fan of the taste of pork rinds. Hi Teresa, The chicken breast will need less cook time than drumsticks, so you could either cook them separately or take them out sooner. I’m always so amazed by what the air fryer is capable of! This keto fried chicken is so crispy, you won't believe it. Hi. I was a bit disappointed with this recipe especially that I am a big fan of your recipes. You can’t taste the coconut at all so I recommend sticking to that. For chicken breasts, I like them quick at a high temp – 16 to 18 minutes at 450 – and assume that would also work if breading them this way. I have both flours I am just wondering if this recipe would work using the almond flour instead? Divine theme by Restored 316. Can the coconut flour be substituted for almond flour. Thank you so much Maya for sharing. Its purpose here is to help the egg stick and I find coconut flour works better for that. I didn’t need to flip the chicken in my air fryer based on how the rack is positioned, but if yours burns, it’s probably laid out a little differently and would benefit from flipping the chicken halfway through. Have you tried baking in the oven? I just LOVE the look of those. I do love your recipes. My whole family ate it up, and my husband kept asking if I was sure it’s low carb. I love this recipe, and all of your recipes, but I swear. It allows you to cook without heating your entire oven in the summer and delivers the same grilled chicken taste throughout the winter. I plan on making this with boneless, skinless chicken breast and/or thighs. 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenders ; 1 large eggs; 1 tbsp heavy cream; ½ cup blanched almond flour; ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (the … Sign up to save your favorite keto recipes and articles for free! One drumstick filled me right up! Thanks! Hi Shelly, you might taste some pork flavor if you’re sensitive to it. Home / Recipe Index / Keto Low Carb Dinner / Air Fryer Keto Low Carb Fried Chicken Recipe. You can use the same temp as listed for the air fryer, just be sure to check the temp and pull when your chicken hits 165 degrees F. This was delicious! Sugar replacements by Wholesome Yum. This is what gives it the deep fried quality without the fat. Can you double dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then into the pork rinds? I’ve been using it on so many things. Hi Amanda, You probably can but it would be less crispy. We’ll just make low carb fried chicken in the air fryer instead! This one goes in my personal 5 star recipe book. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; YAY, YOU'RE IN! The chicken is done once the chicken reads 165 degrees at its thickest part. These looks amazing! Would you cook these together or separately? Hi Deborah, Almond flour will give a different texture for the coating, but the recipe will still work if you sub with almond flour. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; Is there a substitute for the coconut flour? Which should I use? If you’re looking for crispy chicken without pork rinds, you might like my air fryer chicken wings instead. Hi Maggie, That sounds delicious but have not tested it to give you a baking time. I tried this out last weekend, loved it. Came out perfectly cooked. Let me know if you try it, though. The recipe card is below! For best results, keep most of the third mixture in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to the bowl where you'll be coating the chicken. So would I need to adjust the temperature and/or cooking time for the chicken breast? I undrrstand it wouldn’t be as crispy. That looks seriously legit! In a second medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. 2. You'll see it on this page after we review it.I welcome constructive criticism, but I'm a person just like you - treat me like you'd like to be treated. Thanks! Wholesome Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you don’t have an air fryer, put in on your holiday wish list. Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe. 2) Add chicken breast, broccoli, bell pepper and onion to a large mixing bowl. But you could use almond flour and it would still be good, just not as crispy. The best low carb fried chicken ever! All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Everything always turns out so crispy and delicious, plus clean up is so easy! Thank you, Jodi! Coat with olive oil and seasonings, toss to combine. If you give this easy recipe a try, I hope you enjoy it! My chicken was cooked perfectly. This was so good! I might air fry for 1 minutes less next time, but genius to use pork rinds and I didn’t feel the pork rind flavour (which I don’t typically enjoy) came through in the end product. Or just the same, making sure it comes to temp to know its done? Wow, this breading is such a revelation! Coat chicken with butter mixture on both sides. Can this be made in the oven? I completely understand that some people would prefer an ad-free site. Place in air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through. I made these taco, Lunch: Mini peppers stuffed with cream cheese and, I made one of our easy favorites for dinner: sheet. Breast would be sliced into strips or nuggets. (Full disclosure). https://www.ourlifetastesgood.com/2019/08/air-fried-chicken-breasts.html Best damn fried chicken I’ve made since I’ve been on KETO. The good thing about this meal is you don’t really need sides. You can use any flavor pork rinds you like! Enjoy! They were delicious, tender and juicy. Jane. I don’t have an air fryer. I can’t wait to share more low carb air fryer recipes with you soon. My son just bought me the Ninja air fryer I wanted, for Christmas so I am very new to air frying I want to make this but, I have 3 questions: 1. Check the internal temperature after 20 minutes, at 165 degrees F you can pull them from the oven. Copyright © 2020 getfitlaura.com | Nutrition Disclaimer, I'm doing some meal prep today. So crispy! I alw, Dinner: Low carb chicken enchilada bake from my bl, I made the Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Casserole from m, 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces. Can you eat fried chicken on keto? You may be interested in Wholesome Yum Plus, which includes an ad-free version of the website, along with other perks. Dinner: Mississippi chicken with cauliflower mash. Where does nutrition info come from? The vegetables turned out so good too! The first time I made it, I steamed some rice for my husband, but he agreed that no sides are necessary. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "getfitlaura7-20"; Add chicken breast, broccoli, bell pepper and onion to a large mixing bowl. Can I substitute parmesan cheese in place of pork rinds? What do you use to grease the metal basket with? I love finding great air fryer recipes. Cook in 2 or more batches if using a smaller air fryer. Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes! Click underlined ingredients to buy them! Once you have your bowls setup, you can make your low carb fried chicken! One, Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites! RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below! But again, thanks for this and keep on making keto really easy . maybe just because of your recipe, I will get an AirDryer, And THIS is exactly why I need to get an air fryer, looks so delicious. ), How To Start a Keto Diet or Low Carb Diet, Keto Sweetener Guide + Conversion Calculator, Keto Low Carb Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumplings - Pressure Cooker Recipe, Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Recipe - 3 Ingredients, Crock Pot Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe.