For what you get, it's hard to believe anybody could pass this one up. Nearly every professional contractor uses an air compressor. I don’t regret the purchase, and think the knife is fairly priced at $32. Would love your thoughts, please comment. It has been given the new BlackWash finish not only for a serious tactical look but also for enhanced protection against everyday wear and corrosion. I have never had any issues with Speedsafe. Frame lock and Hinderer lock bar stabilizer ensure that the 3.4 inch stainless steel blade remains securely in place after deployment. We accept all major credit cards, and Paypal. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. The comment form collects your name, email and content to allow us keep track of the comments placed on the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.

The weight is really more preference.

Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. The Good: Small, sleek and near perfect size for general use EDC. $33.56 - $129.99.

These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. It's built with high-quality materials and the Kershaw Cryo was awarded the "Best Buy of the Year" at 2012 Blade Show. When he's not playing with knives or running with scissors, he enjoys spending quality time with his wife, son and newborn baby girl.

On my first take, I can see that the Kershaw Cryo II knife added size to the blade and overall length. Anyone who has done serious work with a knife can testify that they can have “hot spots” or places on the knife that dig in and cause uncomfortable pain.

Kershaw designed this blade so that you can open it using the dual thumb studs, but I don’t find this to be practical, so my recommendation is to stick with the flipper. Well, Kershaw has answered this request in spectacular fashion by introducing the younger and larger, Cryo II.
Nice finish and overall construction. The Kershaw Cryo and Cryo II are two identical birds of a feather: the only difference being their size.

On that note – Kershaw has released the Cryo II which is 20% larger than the original Cryo with a 3.25 inch blade!

As an Amazon Associate, we may earn income when you click on an Amazon link.

Don't just read about it, pick one up for yourself. Aside from how the knife opens, the Hinderer design also converts the flipper into a finger choil, which I always find useful. [amazon_link asins=’B0057R8SSM,B0074FI28Q,B005UE6GRC,B00AU6NNWG,B0009VCA0I,B0009VC9Y0′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’protoorev-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3182bad3-533c-452f-b912-a3068d05f4b6′]. The Cryo II, which I own, is 20% larger than the Cryo, so keep this in mind if you like the Cryo II, but for any reason wish it were just a bit smaller. The Kershaw Cryo spring assisted folding knife is designed by Rick Hinderer, but doesn't cost a ton of money. Live for once.
Kudos to you my friend! One of the smaller but more impressive features of the Cryo II was that I banged it and dropped it repeatedly, but held its own against any major scratches. But seriously, if that’s you, I’d encourage you to check it out anyway. Step out on faith. Rick Hinderer, a former firefighter and EMT, has a knack for practical EDCs due to his field experience and need for no nonsense knives. The Cryo took the stage with its brilliant design and wallet friendly cost ($25 online), but the knife community had one more request—the same Cryo design, with more size. If you like extremely light knives, the Kershaw Cryo II knife may not be for you. There is nothing cheap or weak about it.

Leading an eclectic life as father, husband, knife-lover and college ministry director of a downtown Presbyterian church, Brian recently completed graduate work at Reformed Theological Seminary and has served as a missionary in Ethiopia. The Speedsafe technology, which is the patented assisted opening system built into the knife, assures you that the blade will lock into place each time it is activated. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERSgoogletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1389975325257-0'); }); On my first take, I can see that the Kershaw Cryo II knife added size to the blade and overall length. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. They also added an inch and a quarter to the overall length of the blade, so it’s now 7-3/4 inches long. In all my testing, I didn’t encounter a single one of these “hot spots” on the Cryo II. Next. For all the talk of durability, the structure of this knife isn’t just strong, it is comfortable. However, I can hardly call this a negative because it doesn’t really compromise comfort or quality. My favourite knife Kershaw! You can see that the Kershaw Cryo II has a rather short clip.

I hope you appreciate this review and as always feel free to get in touch with any questions you have. Thanks so much for the awesome write-up and the photo collage showing this knife in so many angles. Ever since Kershaw developed the flipper and Speedsafe technology, their knives have been a force to be reckoned with in the market. I’ll put up some pictures of mine here soon …. If you carry your knife with some frequency, you’re bound to drop it. Now that I’ve gone over the details of the knife and the features that jumped out to me, what are the cons? I have yet to own a Kershaw but I think you just convinced me what my first one will be.

Pro Tool Reviews is a successful online publication that has been providing tool reviews and industry news since 2008. Add to that it's excellent design and the small but seemingly personalized features, and you've got a killer combination. Kershaw Link Pocket Knives, 3.25 inch Blade with Speedsafe Assisted Opening, Made in the USA, Multiple Styles 4.8 out of 5 stars 2,991. Thanks for the info and great pictures. So what makes the Kershaw Cryo II such a great knife? [amazon_link asins=’B00I04OHQ6,B0074FI28Q,B00VGLC5ZU,B00AU6NWP4,B00I0RXYTY’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’protoorev-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fb48e722-4d17-4726-9039-87344bcea9a4′]. Because the Cryo II has a short clip, it doesn’t irritate the fingers, but sits comfortably on the meaty part of the hand (when carrying right handed). Try something new…it’s only [amazon_link asins=’B00I04OHQ6′ template=’PriceLink’ store=’protoorev-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’96937cc7-776c-4bc6-a73d-fde52e5305f0′]! The story of this knife actually gets its start in 2012 when the original Kershaw Cryo won the Blade Show best buy of the year based on its price to quality ratio. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. When you grasp the knife, it feels like you are holding a single piece of steel in your hand. And...we'll even send you our "Best Tools for Your Hard-earned Dollars" white paper! Copyright ©2008-2020 CD Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Want more? This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The quality control on these Chinese made knives are not an issue from what I’ve seen. Plus, even though the handles are as strong as a tank, they are comfortable in the hand. This is not a minor blip on the radar screen; this is proof that the engineers at Kershaw put a lot of thought into the design of this knife. The flipper unleashes 3-3/8 inches of 8Cr13MoV cold, hard steel. In your left hand it’s just as good, and your index finger rests perfectly on the dip of the pocket clip.

The frame is solid all the way around. Take care and great review. First, the Rick Hinderer design in both the original Cryo design and this model is cutting edge in terms of speed and build. First, it makes it simple to use—you don’t get hung up on anything. The Cryo II added 5/8 inches to the blade, bringing it to a respectable 3-3/8 inches. It’s small, cool, and functional. It is reliable and ahead of much of the competition in terms of blade assisted folding knives. Features speed safe opening by use of the flipper and thumbstuds. A good finger choil will give you the confidence you need to make any cut without the fear of sliding your hand across the blade. $29.12. Kershaw Cryo II.