[24] Animals also practice social distancing to avoid disease. Most of the big droplets travel a mere six feet. Another disclosure, for those who don't know Kannada: The clues work in English too. Your diversity amazes me, Thanks, Shuchi and Deepak.I need to make a small correction. This was combined with the wearing of masks for certain people. [13], The objective of stay-at-home orders is to reduce day-to-day contact between people and thereby reduce the spread of infection[67] During the COVID-19 pandemic, early and aggressive implementation of stay-at-home orders was effective in "flattening the curve" and provided the much needed time for healthcare systems to increase their capacity while reducing the number of peak cases during the initial wave of illness. [73], Other measures include shutting down or limiting mass transit[74] and closure of sport facilities (community swimming pools, youth clubs, gymnasiums). Create your personal account in a seconds & get test our professional translation service for free, Verify your content is translated at the highest-possible level of quality. [77], Passenger without mask being refused boarding of a streetcar amid 1918 flu pandemic. Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Hindu Crossword? Even now, though my spoken Kannada passes muster, I do grope for words when I try a crossword.]. A site for cryptic crossword enthusiasts, with a guide to clue types, solving tips, analysis and crossword-related trivia. [8] During the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC defined social distancing as "remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately six feet or two meters) from others when possible". ಈ ಊರಿನ ವಡೆ ಬಹಳ ಹೆಸರಾಗಿದೆ (3)(Ee oorina vaDe bahaLa hesaraagide - The vaDa (an eatable) from this town is very well known)Ans: Mysore( when written in kannada it will have required alphabets . [68][69][70] President Mobutu Sese Seko surrounded the town with troops and suspended all flights into the community. [112], There are concerns that social distancing can have adverse affects on participants' mental health. As Deepak said, you never seem to stop amazing us.Shuchi, how are you going to ascertain if any post here in Kannada is fit for publication? Thanks, Richard. South Korea adopted 1.4 m (4.6 ft). ", "On Air-borne Infection Study II. I looked for puzzles in Kannada (which is not my native language, or as it is quaintly called, my maternal lingo). [78][79], During the influenza pandemic of 1918, Philadelphia saw its first cases of influenza on 17 September. The content is copyrighted and may not be reproduced elsewhere. My mother tongue, Konkani, is next only to Hindi in terms of the sheer length of the distance it is spoken across India. Curiosity got the better of us cats and we started looking more closely at crossword puzzles in Indian languages. [33], Some have suggested that distances greater than 1–2 m (3.3–6.6 ft) should be observed. [2][5] It usually involves keeping a certain distance from others (the distance specified differs from country to country and can change with time) and avoiding gathering together in large groups. The actions slowed the spread of influenza in St. Louis and a spike in cases and deaths, as had happened in Philadelphia, did not occur. During the week ending 16 October, over 4500 people died. 1. Do You Make These Mistakes When Writing Clues? [9][28], The distance advised by authorities varies. ಉಪಕಾರಿ upakaari (उपकारी), person who helps, the outer two characters of this word spell out ಉರಿ (fire) as mentioned in the clue. ಸವತಿ savati=minor (junior/second) wife (as in Hindi सौतन) which is an anagram of ವಸತಿ (vasati=house). [109][110][111][112] The website claims to have reached about two million people online and says the text has been translated into 17 languages. As i know telugu ,i tried. I tried all three but found PrajavaaNi, a daily puzzle set by Ms.Vidya Vinay, the most intriguing since the other two did not seem to have any cryptic side to their wordplay[1]. Kishore WOW. {\displaystyle a} Change in daily circumstances and uncertainty about the future may add onto the mental stress of being away from other people. One more feather in your cap. ಭೈರವಿ ರಾಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೀಗೆಕೂಡ ಕರೆಯಬಹುದು ಸೂರ್ಯನನ್ನು (2)(Bhairavi raagadalli heegekooDa kariyabahudu Suryannu - You can also call Surya thus in the Bhairavi raaga)Ans: Ravi 2. You can also subscribe by email and have articles delivered to your inbox, or follow me on twitter to get notified of new links. [88], During the swine flu outbreak in 2009 in the UK, in an article titled "Closure of schools during an influenza pandemic" published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, a group of epidemiologists endorsed the closure of schools to interrupt the course of the infection, slow the further spread and buy time to research and produce a vaccine. [2] Another thing that made my day with the PrajavaaNi crossword is the fact that it is adjacent to the Henry cartoon strip, called ಗುಂಡಣ್ಣ, GundaNNa= round elder brother (euphemism for a bald chap) in the Kannada paper. Managing mental health in the time of coronavirus", "Coronavirus (COVID-19): Helping Kids With Autism Cope", "Coronavirus and social distancing through an autistic lens", "Strategies to support teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder during COVID-19", "Ending coronavirus lockdowns will be a dangerous process of trial and error", "Animals Use Social Distancing to Avoid Disease", American Red Cross: How to Social Distance, Johns Hopkins: Social and Physical Distancing, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, Public Health Emergency of International Concern, Decentralized Privacy-Preserving Proximity Tracing, Sancaktepe Prof. Dr. Feriha Öz Emergency Hospital, Yeşilköy Prof. Dr. Murat Dilmener Emergency Hospital, NHS Nightingale Hospital Yorkshire and the Humber, Kandakadu Treatment and Rehabilitation Centre, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, COVID-19 Response Acceleration Task Force, Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups, Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases, National COVID-19 Coordination Commission, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Scientific Advisory Board (Turkey), Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, Tests, cases, tests per capita, cases per capita by country, Tests, cases, tests per capita, cases per capita by country subdivision, World map by countries: confirmed per capita, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Social_distancing&oldid=986216653, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 30 October 2020, at 14:16.