Learn how your comment data is processed. Required fields are marked *. Usually, the sauce is added in the last hour of smoking. She simply made a rub for the ribs, then let them bake in the oven 2 hours. Is this gonna be a thick and sticky type of sauce? Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute (do not brown). Almost anything with a smoky, earthy aroma works. There is a spice company called 'Spice Barn' that produces a dry 'Hickory Smoke Powder' which works well for me when making up breakfast sausage spice mix. I hate buying the bottles of bbq sauce … I plan on using one cup of it for the Pulled Pork recipe and have some in a small container to brush on my turkey burgers. Learn more in the Comment Policy section of our Terms of Use page. If you don’t have the spicy one on hand, use smoked sweet paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat. I just read every label in the store and found TWO brands of barbeque sauce that didn't have HFCS. Or when you say small can do you mean a small can of spaghetti sauce? So, in other news…..you guys may have noticed I didn’t post anything on the blog last week. If you don’t like it spicy, leave the cayenne out. Also, Heinz makes "Simply Heinz" and it doesn't have HFCS either! I'm another KC native so I can't wait to try this. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. The sauce will thicken slightly if you blend it, so add 1 tablespoon of water if you prefer a thinner sauce. Thanks for the great recipe! Thanks for another winning recipe – my husband thanks you too! Very good sauce, followed direction and played with flavour for my taste. WOOT WOOT!! We are on the Paleo diet in our house- would leaving out or using much less honey and molasses really mes this recipe up? Bullseye doesn't use HFCS. https://www.lilvienna.com/quick-homemade-bbq-sauce/. In the Carolinas, you have vinegar based sauces (among others). ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience and for our, 11 Terrific American Barbecue Sauce Recipes. Here you will find recipes to please the whole family. What do you use for tomato sauce? We are having the pulled pork tonight! I was so excited for this as I had pork in the crock pot for dinner tonight! Mmmmmm can't wait for the pulled pork recipe, perfect timing because I have grocery shopping to do tomorrow! Add olive oil. Derrick Riches is a grilling and barbecue expert. Hi, my name is Malinda and welcome to Countryside Cravings! Taste and adjust salt. function() { The honey is much milder in flavor than the molasses but i'm sure that could be adjusted too. An Easy BBQ sauce recipe with sweet and heat made in the classic Kansas City style. We use cookies to enhance experience. While dried spices are fine, taking the extra step to sauté and use fresh ingredients will go a long way in the flavor arena. I don't think I ever need to buy another bbq sauce ever again. Sweet, sticky and a little spicy- this recipe is perfect! It’s one of my husbands favorite along with this Texas Style BBQ Sauce. Ingredients for a quick Kansans City-stye (thick and tomato based) BBQ sauce.