She started off by playing Tennis but shifted to badminton at the age of 6. You can call it leadership or mentoring quality. The actor also asked for the blessings of their fans. Her place in the sun came during the Commonwealth Games 2010 in New Delhi. And to win in front of my parents was really special. This website follows the DNPA Code of Ethics. The 37-year-old shuttler is an Arjuna awardee and started her career in badminton in the late 90s. “I move on from my wins and losses immediately. Exclusive: Vishnu Vishal says he decided to surprise Jwala Gutta with an engagement ring at 11.30pm Sharwanand's next in Tamil titled Maha Samudram Vishnu Vishal and Jwala Gutta … Jwala Gutta took on the role of mentor in her partnership with Ashwini Ponnappa. Jwala Gutta took on the role of mentor in her partnership with Ashwini Ponnappa. "It is not correct to target Jwala like this, many with selfish interests are trying to target her. These traits helped her establish productive partnerships with V Diju in mixed doubles and with Ashwini Ponnappa in women’s doubles, achieving feats unprecedented in Indian badminton. Jwala had acknowledged their relationship in March 2020 and had spoken about the wedding plans in an interview to ABN Andhrajyothi. A year later she and Ponnappa won India’s first doubles medal at the World Championships. 10, PERSIARAN KLCC "IBL is a creation of the Badminton Association of India. I played all 14 days of the Commonwealth Games and I remember I fell sick at the end of it,” Gutta says. “At the Commonwealth Games I was going through a lot of personal issues. "We have both been very serious about each other and an engagement was long overdue. Jwala is an icon player and she has reacted to what the team management has said. I don’t try to talk about them all the time. Will talk to officials and the ministry if it becomes absolutely necessary. He tweeted, “Happy birthday @Guttajwala… New start to LIFE...”. Jwala Gutta Vishnu Vishal engagement: In happy news today, actor Vishu Vishal got engaged to long time girlfriend and Badminton player Jwala Gutta. "Jwala had replied to the notice, saying that 'it was a decision by the Delhi franchise and not an individual move. Since easing off the circuit in 2017, Gutta has been busy working on her vision of establishing a sports school; an important first step was the construction of a 14-court badminton facility, which was to begin operations in April before the Covid-19 pandemic forced a change in plans. At the London Olympics, the in-form Gutta and Ponnappa narrowly missed out on making the knock-out stage, failing to qualify on countback of points. Daughter of an Indian father and Chinese mother, she had great touch, deception, and a hard hit from the back. This will be the second marriage for both Jwala and Vishnu. Áll through her fairly long international career, from 1999 to 2017, Gutta was known for her skills, and equally for her outspokenness on badminton-related issues. “I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I always had fun as a player. “I haven’t retired yet,” smiles Jwala Gutta, asked about her post-playing career. I got all the flak. Let's look at other showbiz celebs who found love in sportspersons and eventually got married. The content of this website is the property of BWF or used under licence by BWF. Her height and left-handedness added to the discomfiture of opponents; most importantly, she had tremendous self-belief and was known to never be intimidated by the reputation of opponents – which was rare for Indian badminton players of that period. Áll through her fairly long international career, from 1999 to 2017, Gutta was known for her skills, and equally for her outspokenness on badminton-related issues. Owners asked me to act like that and there is nothing wrong on my part. NAZA TOWER PLATINUM PARK On the professional front, Vishnu Vishal’s next movie Kaadan, directed by Prabhu Solomon will be released soon. I don’t even remember so many of my wins. “I always wanted to have my own academy. I don’t think I’m just done yet. Gutta starred in both the team and individual competitions; after helping India to the silver medal in the team event, Gutta partnered Ponnappa to the gold in doubles. I have been appointed as an icon player by Delhi and as a captain I acted'. Jwala also tweeted their pictures with the caption that established that this proposal was impromptu and a “beautiful surprise” for her. No part may be copied, republished, stored, or otherwise republished or transmitted without the prior written permission of BWF. Alexa Bliss, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Jeff Hardy Pay Tribute to The Undertaker, Neha Kakkar, Rohanpreet Singh Go for a Romantic Drive on Their Honeymoon, Watch Video, Apple HomePod Mini Review: You Absolutely Do Not Need A Large Speaker For Good Sound, Birthday Girl Disha Parmar Reacts to Rahul Vaidya's Marriage Proposal on Bigg Boss 14, Obama Compares Rahul Gandhi to 'Eager Student' Lacking Aptitude, Twitter Brings out The Memes, Actor Asif Basra Found Hanging at Dharamshala House, Suicide Suspected, Bold Elli AvrRam Teases Fans With Her Bikini Pictures. 50088 KUALA LUMPUR I always dreamt of having a sports school,” says Gutta. MALAYSIA, © Copyright 2018 Badminton World Federation. Now it is upto Jwala, if she wants to apologise or keep quiet," a BAI official said yesterday.Her father also said that it is unfair to target Jwala in such a manner and believes that many with selfish interests within India's baminton body have their own agenda. Who will be the top Indian performer in IPL 2020? “What I’m doing is normal. 1, LEVEL 29 She has also been trolled on social media for speaking her mind. Exclusive: Jwala Gutta gets engaged to Vishnu Vishal Vijay Deverakonda gifts Allu Arjun a customised co-ord set: Bunny says “Soo sweet of you” Samsung's #FullOnFestival is almost here! How unusual is it for someone like her – not known for being diplomatic – to build an institution? Trending Desk Last Updated: September 07, 2020, 16:05 IST FOLLOW US Despite having an eventful career, Gutta says she doesn’t recall many of her best moments. Jwala Gutta was born on Wednesday, September 07, 1983 at Wardha, Maharashtra, India and Zodiac Sign is Virgo. "Why should Jwala apologise? While the celebrated sportsperson was earlier married to badminton player Chetan Anand till 2011, Vishnu was in wedlock with veteran actor K Natraj’s daughter, Rajini Natraj till 2018. "The Sports Ministry must cleanse the sport. Ace badminton player Jwala Gutta and famous Tamil actor-producer Vishnu Vishal gave a pleasant surprise to their fans when they announced their engagement on Monday, September 7. “For me, the next goal is to create a sports university.”. I like the team spirit of the whole thing. Happy birthday @Guttajwala New start to LIFE..Lets be positive and work towards a better future for us,Aryan,our families,friends and people around..Need all your love n blessings guys..#newbeginningsthank you @basanthjain for arranging a ring in d middle of d night.. pic.twitter.com/FYAVQuZFjQ. As per several media reports, Jwala Gutta and Vishnu Vishal have been together for almost two years. The Uber Cup bronze in 2014 was also good.”. Addressing Jwala, he mentioned that he hopes to work with her for a better future for their families, friends and his son, Aryan. "The family may go as far as the Sports Ministry if necessary, he added. No. I believe in balance. Among her best achievements with Diju was Grand Prix Gold titles in Chinese Taipei and India and a runner-up place at the Superseries Masters Finals in 2009. “I’ve always been that kind of person. For further information, please refer to our. Watch, Morgan, Heather Knight Retained By London Spirit For The Hundred, SAI Releases Rs 5.78 Crore "Out Of Pocket" Allowance For Khelo India, Tokyo Olympics: Fans May Face Cheering Ban, Says Top Official. Taking to Twitter, while extending birthday greetings to Jwala, Vishnu announced their engagement. Jwala Gutta's father says his daughter is being targeted, family may complain to Sports Ministry Jwala Gutta, who represented Delhi Smashers in … In every country, sportspersons are considered peace ambassadors. "The President of the BAI, Akhilesh Das Gupta, yesterday said that Jwala has been given seven days to clarify her position and respond to the issue. Over the last couple of years she has become an avid commentator on larger issues of identity and gender, venturing into hot-button topics that invite swarms of critics on social media. All rights reserved. Back then, it was just playing badminton. Jwala Gutta is the daughter of Kranti Gutta, a freedom fighter and a leftist from Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, and her mother Yelena Gutta is from China. He is also working on Manu Anand’s FIR with Raiza Wilson, Gautham Menon, Reba Monica John and Manjima Mohan. She has not done anything wrong," said her father. Jwala Gutta Father: Jwala Gutta was born to a very famous personality from freedom fighters Kranti Gutta. My most memorable match was with Diju, against Lee Yong Dae (and Lee Hyo Jung; All England 2009); they had just won the Olympic gold. I feel I can do so much more. It is all about her father that she is one of the If I feel for a fellow human being, it’s normal, and if you don’t feel for a fellow human being, it’s abnormal. So how can you keep quiet when something wrong happens?”. Addressing Jwala Gutta, Vishnu Vishal mentioned that he hopes to work with her for a better future for their families, friends and his son, Aryan.