I increased to 400 with about 5 minutes. 1 cup of mashed bananas  and 1/4 cup of vanilla greek yogurt do a fine job of keeping the muffins soft, tender, and moist. With the mixer on low speed, alternate between adding the dry ingredients and yogurt. It’s always such a drag to find healthier recipes I want to make but noticing they require 18 trips to different specialty stores and contain ingredients I’ve never heard of. I think there are a few modifications that could be introduced to make these healthier and more tasty. Except these muffins. I have to say these didn’t turn out very well. Join me in making new recipes the family will enjoy! Tip: Bake the first 12, then bake the last 3 and fill your empty muffin tins halfway with water to assure even baking. Add 1 overflowing cup of fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter. So I must have done something wrong. I personally like bakery-style muffins so I go big! They are making out like Bandits on my diet♥️. When I made these muffins, I used a jumbo muffin pan and used jumbo muffin liners.This recipe can be easily doubled to make 12 large muffins and 24 regular sized muffins using regular-sized muffin pans. (Fill the empty muffin cups halfway with water in the 2nd batch to ensure even baking.) Great muffin recipe. You can use any sort of milk here, choose your favorite: 2% milk, skim milk, almond milk, vanilla almond milk, soy milk, light soy milk, vanilla soy milk, rice milk, etc etc. Hi! Two ingredients bringing moisture to the muffins are mashed bananas and vanilla greek yogurt. Unfortunately, they were terribly gummy. Turned out great! In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I also create content related to family travel! Posted on July 23, 2020 Categories Recipes, Breakfast. First– they are made with whole wheat flour. The trick to making these muffins fluffy is to not overbeat the muffin mix. You can adjust 3/4 cup of mashed blueberries down to 1/4 cup and they would still be absolutely delicious! RELATED:  Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe (Costco Copycat). Alternating between flour and milk, add into mixture until just combined. Muffins remain fresh and moist stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week. Pretty sweet, huh? Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack. I cooked the muffins at 425 degrees for first 5 minutes, then reduced heat. You can also turn blueberry banana muffins into an entertaining (if slightly messy) family project where your children help you to make the batter and pour/scoop the batter into the muffin trays. And they are virtually fat free AND only 131 calories each (using nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt & unsweetened almond milk). I sadly had high hopes but ended up throwing them all out. Bake the first 12, then the last three in another batch. You can definitely try it– I haven’t tested it, but I’m sure the batter would fit nicely in a 9×5 inch loaf pan. The browner the banana, the better. And remember, as with ALL muffin recipes, do not overmix the batter! On low speed, fold in the blueberries and lemon zest. Copyright © 2020 Mama Needs Cake | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe (Costco Copycat), Best Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Comforting Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. I appreciate your scientific knowledge when it comes to baking, so I will appreciate your reply. You won’t miss all the calories and fat, trust me! Including today’s incredibly satisfying, flavor-exploding blueberry banana version! Overmixing your batter will activate the gluten in the flour and overdevelop it, deflating the air bubbles in the process. Also it tells youth add the vanilla but doesn’t say how much vanilla. I read some of the comments so I adjusted my Oven to 375 and 24 minutes later my muffins are perfect. Brown sugar, three bananas, and lots of berries make these muffins moist and delicious for days. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. They look great! The original muffins use a combination of white sugar and brown sugar. I could really go on and on, but you should really get to baking now! Not bad for a recipe making 15 muffins. * Set aside. Who has time for anything more? I personally like bakery-style muffins so I go big! I’m a huge fan of blueberries in my baked goods and these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins definitely are sure to satisfy lovers of blueberries. Gently whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Low fat products tend to be on the dry side, which is a texture I cannot get on board with. Fill all the way to the top. Banana Blueberry Muffins are bursting with blueberries and are so easy to make with simple ingredients! This recipe can be easily doubled to make 12 large muffins and 24 regular sized muffins using regular-sized muffin pans. You’re going to love them! After 18 minutes they were still very raw. Wrong. Let’s not forget those blueberries. I only used 12 muffin cases and filled to the top. Only mix the batter until the wet and dry ingredients are *just combined* and no more flour pockets remain. Hi Christine! Allow muffins to cool and enjoy! A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. This recipe calls for 2 cups (1 Pint) of blueberries but you can easily decrease the amount to 1 1/2 cups. Add the milk slowly and continue to gently mix the ingredients together. I love that recipe and have made several muffins from that base recipe since. of Mexican vanilla. If you’re looking for a delicious blueberry muffin, look no further. I like to make things as easy as possible for not only you, but for me as well. They certainly were a HUGE hit! Ingredients that are not listed or listed in correctly can be confusing to someone that is not an experienced cook. Thank you! Bakery style muffins made with fresh blueberries with a sugary topping. Please update and correct this recipe. That did the job. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Your email address will not be published. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes. My bananas were defrosted frozen Bananas and I only used 2/3 of soya milk because it said the mixture should be thick. Whisk in the mashed banana, yogurt, and beaten egg. Along with the mashed banana and yogurt, eggs are a moistening agent as well. The recipe uses very familiar, easy ingredients. PLEASE SEE MY. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Cupcakes Recipe. Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes, Skinny Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. This recipe will make 15 very generously sized muffins. Not ALL whole wheat flour, which may lend a tough textured muffin (not as soft). They are packed with fresh and juicy blueberries and the muffin batter is moist and fluffy. These Jumbo Blueberry Muffins are BIG, full of sweet blueberries, tangy lemon zest, and have domed tops that are also crunchy (thanks to the addition of turbinado sugar)! In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Both ingredients are fabulous healthy substitutes for fat in certain recipes. Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for 22 more minutes, or until slightly browned on top and a toothpick/knife, when inserted in the center of each muffin, comes out clean. Gently begin to fold it all together. In a separate bowl, whisk the honey and brown sugar together – it will be thick and lumpy. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. Muffins remain fresh and moist stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week. I’m unsure of the exact bake time. It will be very thick. I added 1/2 tsp. The bottoms were actually wet when I took the out of the tin. Mix all ingredients, added the berries once everything is mixed and pour into well-greased Cool in the pan for a couple of minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Use 1/4 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of lightly packed brown sugar. Not very sweet. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. My name is Dana and I'm a lover of sweet treats and delicious food! If you’re not a lover of overloaded blueberry muffins you can decrease the amount of blueberries that you put in the mix. Let your bananas brown, pick up some blueberries, and get to it! Large or Regular Blueberry Muffins. A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! Divide the batter between 15 muffin cups. Cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add vanilla and mix well. Especially in muffins! Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick spray. Mashed bananas and greek yogurt are my “skinny recipe” secret weapons. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Nearly fat free, 131 calorie skinny banana blueberry muffins. It is for a surprise bday treat in a remote location. Bake the muffins at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Filled lined muffin tins to the top and sprinkle with topping mixture. I have updated the recipe. Keywords: skinny banana blueberry muffins, healthy banana blueberry muffins, Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction. If making regular-sized muffins (makes 18). I believe you need to add an acid when using baking powder. Would I be able to make this recipe as a bread in a loaf pan? Muffins taste wonderful the next day, like most banana bread recipes because their flavor is enhanced. more about Sally, Copyright 2020 Sallys Baking Addiction • WordPress Development by Southern Web • Website Accessibility Statement • Privacy Policy, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). I suggest using white-whole wheat flour or a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour. You’re probably thinking – all that “health” talk probably makes these taste like health food, right?! They also contain no butter or oil, use honey instead of white sugar, have protein rich greek yogurt, and are packed with vitamin-filled blueberries and bananas. I’m Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and blogger. Set aside. When I made these muffins, I used a jumbo muffin pan and used jumbo muffin liners. Mix the flour with baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. For some sweetness, I use a mixture of honey and brown sugar.