The gait of a horse or other four-footed animal, between a walk and a canter in speed, in which diagonal pairs of legs move forward together. Last 100 years See pony. invoke: [verb] to petition for help or support. Learn more. We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Synonyms for trotted include ran, run, jogged, scampered, scurried, bustled, dashed, loped, scuttled and barrelled. I waved, as my friend and fellow rider, Annie, Reaching the river, they finished their song and, Her face became even more troubled, and she, Year in and year out the same comments are, No doubt the same old jingoistic cliches will be, Twenty-one years on and the same old collection of ideas are, He gave his friend an unintelligibly bland look, and, I vaulted up onto the half-bred's back and, We're just tired of having stock phrases and ideas, A haughty looking man thrust a plate full of beef stroganoff and rice at her before she, Hastily I tossed the boy his fare, and his horses, After the game wandered to the other side of the waterhole, we, He picked up the ball in the inside-right position and, Well, for a start, all three are frequently, It has not exactly galloped, raced, or even, Mum had emailed me some of her favourite recipes and a couple required a pressure cooker, so out I, There is also the story of the birth of the modern marathon, which will doubtless be, Gary Hay took a quick free-kick at the edge of the box for the overlapping midfielder who, As in classical music, the same favourite pieces are, Without another word, the old woman in the yellow chinchilla coat tugged at Francois's gemmed leash and, Whenever the tax on alcohol or tobacco is raised, the old excuse is, He gave the reins in his hand a light flick and the palomino horse beneath him, They laugh merrily, although the joke has a practiced feel, as if it had been, Stretching his arms wide above his head, the tousle-haired man, And the old arguments for inaction will be, The sinews and muscles of the jet black steeds bulged and rippled as they, The prince often let his palace horses out to pasture in the fields, to wander and graze, and whenever the peasant's horse saw his brother, he, The mare touched down in a clearing a little ways away from the end of the forest, she, Five months later, de Blasio won the primary and then, All night, squads of dressed-up campesinos, As I made my way back to my car, a dog fox, And so venturing not to say another word, poor Jemima, Even for films whose obvious flaws have been, At one point during the day, riders on Arabians, paint horses and Appaloosas, I listened to the patter of his feet as Cutie, At the plate, he stepped back from a brushback pitch, worked the count to ball four, and, I was utterly unprepared for the reception I received when I, Dace and increasing numbers of perch are being reported on the Tyn,e while Pete McParlin accounted for a fine 3lb 8oz chub from the Wear at Shincliffe on, He stayed close to the theatre producer, who he married two years ago, while their dog Dolly, We went at a foot-pace, but on the way back we, Thus encouraged, Johnny opened the door, and in, The third man went out on a long fly to center field, and Harvard, The tall, well-built cowboy star swung into his saddle and they, One careless sniff had satisfied his mate, and she, He ran to the barn, got the pencil box, thrust it into his bag with his books, and, Baulked of his quarry by the inconsiderateness of the mate, Jerry, There was no scrimmage until the first-string men had. Word: Scurrying: Telugu Meaning: ... the horses trotted slowly through the night: Antonyms explanation is given below : Crawling: క్రాల్, ప్రాకటం, Whimper definition: If someone whimpers , they make quiet unhappy or frightened sounds, as if they are about... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Learn more. Used with the. : No doubt the same old jingoistic cliches will be trotted out to stir up the masses and justify such inhumanity. Last 10 years Find more opposite words at wordhippo.com! Trotting definition: US → another name for trotting race | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples 2. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content. Find more Spanish words at wordhippo.com! I hope you will grow up gentle and good, and never learn bad ways; do your work with a good will, lift your feet up well when you, When she saw him at the gate she would neigh with joy, and, He could have walked faster perhaps; most likely; but rob him of his, In short, they were very often in his ears, and very often in his thoughts, but always in his good opinion; and he very often got such a crick in his neck by staring with his mouth wide open, at the steeple where they hung, that he was fain to take an extra, She took so kindly to me, that, in the course of a few weeks, she shortened my adopted name of Trotwood into, Then he got into the buggy again and took the reins, and the horse at once backed away from the tree, turned slowly around, and began to, He observed that the superintendent had relaxed into a, Naseby appeared, with stooping shoulders and a heavy, bilious countenance, languidly rising to the, Before Rostov had had time to consider and determine the distance of that firing, Count Ostermann-Tolstoy's adjutant came galloping from Vitebsk with orders to advance at a, "His novel trots out an Irish president named Finn". I trotted down the steps and out to the shed. To bring out and show for inspection or admiration: (of a horse) to move with fairly fast, bouncy steps, faster than a walk but slower than a canter or gallop. Download our English Dictionary apps - available for both iOS and Android. trot (trŏt) n. 1. a. A gait of a person, faster than a walk; a jog.