Any reasoning on the subject is purely a matter of opinion, but one thing is certain, Elijah is not in God's abode. The Defending Inerrancy initiative was founded by concerned scholars to combat the erosion of biblical inerrancy within the Evangelical community.

Will everyone who goes to heaven be around the same age? And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Others have written and questioned how these men could be in heaven before the shedding of the blood of Christ. – user862 Jan 20 '15 at 20:03 If we look beyond biblical tradition and consider other Near Eastern traditions, there is arguably a good explanation for Elijah's chariot ride into heaven, if that is an acceptable answer.
1:50-51; Dan. From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. The old testament says Elijah was taken up by a whirlwind into heaven, but the new testament says no man has ascended into heaven.

36:25-27; Joel 2:28-29). The reason for the many opinions is because the scriptures do not give us a "thus saith the LORD" on this subject. He also was in heaven before the Incarnation, and therefore knows the divine mysteries. From ana and the base of basis; to go up. But if heaven is something wholly different from this coldness of distance in space or time; if it is a state, a life, in which we are, which is in us--now in part, hereafter in its fulness--then may we understand and with glad hearts hold to the vital truth that the Son of Man, who came down from heaven, was ever in heaven; and that every son of man who is born of water and of the Spirit is "made a member of Christ, a child of God, and an inheritor (in the present, ??????????) It is an instance where it is hard to account for the insertion by a copyist, but where the omission is not unlikely, owing to their seeming difficulty. So 'heaven'  can simply mean the sky, or it can mean God's abode. It appears that these two scriptures conflict. A human being.

The passage above appears to contradict two famous accounts of Godly men being taken to “heaven”: Enoch and Elijah. While at least two people didn't die, Jesus spoke of only the Son of man ascending into heaven.

This verse is found in a context dealing with the question of Nicodemus which he gave in answer to Jesus’ statement about the need to be born again.

Rather, He was teaching that, of all rabbis, He had the best credentials. In John 3:13, Jesus tells us the following: “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven” (John 3:13). Solutions to Bible “Errors”

7:13; Matt.

(United States). His body was taken into the sky by the whirlwind, and he was then “translated” and taken to paradise, just like Enoch. Question 29 W HAT DOES JOHN 3:13 MEAN, "NO MAN HAS ASCENDED TO HEAVEN"?

2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

The Old Testament prophets spoke of the new Age with its working of the Spirit (Isa. This brings us back to the original problem.

3:11. Ways to Share Consider these two passages below: John 3:13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

See All...). Would we know if a person is or is not in heaven?

First, this is an excellent question, and there are many different opinions regarding the answer. I'm given to understand that all will rise, my question is; what does the Bible say about when we rise, will we be made as new again or will we still remember our past lives including family and friends? If we look at the definition of heaven, we see it can have multiple meanings.

Does it mean your soul dies and does not suffer or does it mean eternal life in hell's fire? John 3:13 —How could Christ say no one has ascended to heaven when Elijah had?.

what is our purpose of existence ultimately? It says that he was taken up. Perhaps these men did not yet have full access to the glories of heaven or were not able to enter the throne room. (Philippines). New King James Version No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

This verse is found in a context dealing with the question of Nicodemus which he gave in answer to Jesus’ statement about the need to be born again. See All... does not teach that no one has ever seen or entered heaven. In essence He is saying, “No other human being can speak from firsthand knowledge about these things, as I can, since I came down from heaven.” He is claiming that no one has ascended to heaven to bring down the message that He brought.

Problem: Jesus declared in this text that “No one has ascended to heaven...” However, the OT records Elijah’s ascension into heaven in a chariot (2 Kings 2:11).Solution: In this context, Jesus is setting forth His superior knowledge of heavenly things. John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 3:12. ", Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular, Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Gospels: John 3:13 No one has ascended into heaven (Jhn Jo Jn) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools.

The judgment of most modern editors (not including Westcott and Hort) retains them. κεν, Hence appears the indispensable need of faith, ὁ ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καταβάς. Mark 16:19,20 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God…, Which is in heaven.--These words are omitted in some MSS., including the Sinaitic and the Vatican. The word 'ascend' means to go up.

Thinking On Things Virtuous And Praiseworthy Phil 4 – Symposium (2020 Fort Worth May REVIVAL ZOOM Convention), Heavenly Wisdom, James 3:17 – Symposium (2020 Fort Worth May REVIVAL ZOOM Convention), Reports India Myanmar SriLanka Africa Harvest Work CUT – Ric Cunningham (2020 Fort Worth May REVIVAL Convention), The Promise Of The Father – Kris Knapczynski (2020 Fort Worth May REVIVAL ZOOM Convention), Spoken By The Mouth Of All His Holy Prophets – John Blackwell (2020 Fort Worth May REVIVAL ZOOM Convention). Does a person get eternal life in the resurrection? Q. John 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. Since Nicodemus could not grasp the basic teaching of regeneration which Jesus presented in earthly analogies, how could he understand and believe the more abstract heavenly matters such as the Trinity, the Incarnation, and Jesus’ coming glorification?
perhaps from the same as 3735 (through the idea of elevation); the sky; 1) the vaulted expanse of the sky with all things visible in it, 1b) the aerial heavens or sky, the region where the clouds and the tempests gather, and where thunder and lightning are produced, 2) the region above the sidereal heavens, the seat of order of things eternal and consummately perfect where God dwells and other heavenly beings.