If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Read more
Read this Bible chapter online, click here to read. Go to.

(, English Standard Version - The Holy Bible Online, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, The Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, John Etheridge Translation of the Peshitta, James Murdock Translation of the Peshitta, If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you, Commentary Critical and Explanatory - Unabridged, Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible, Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures. ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you; or, as some copies read it, "it shall be given you": but this must be understood not of temporal things, as riches, honours, profits, pleasures, or whatever even the carnal mind of a believer himself may sometimes desire; but of things spiritual, and with such limitations and restrictions as these; whatever is according to the will of God, for the Spirit of God himself asks for no other for the saints; whatever is for the glory of God, and for their own spiritual profit and edification; and whatever is agreeably to the words and doctrines of Christ, which abide in them. Change language {{#items}} {{local_title}} 8 g By this my Father is glorified , that you h …

John 15:7 ESV. John 15:7(NASB) Verse Thoughts. Observe, in order to have influence with God, we must -, Finding the new version too difficult to understand? Sorry, an error was encountered while loading comparison.

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. Every thing of this kind they ask in faith, and with a submission to the divine will, they may expect to receive. Cancel.

This abides when it comes in power, and becomes the engrafted word; and may be said to do so, when such, in whose hearts it has a place, and has taken deep root, continue to have a relish and savour of it, a true and hearty affection for it, esteeming it above their necessary food; when they hold fast the profession of it, stand fast in it, steadfastly abide by it, and constantly attend on it; all which is a considerable evidence that they do, yea, there is a promise that they "shall continue in the Son and in the Father", 1 John 2:24; The blessing and privilege that such shall enjoy is. 8 gBy this my Father is glorified, that you hbear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

The vine was an important symbol, which ran through Old Testament scripture.. and Israel was the one whom Isaiah described as 'the choicest vine.' John 15:7 | ESV. Were we perfect in all things, he would always hear us, and we should be kept from making an improper petition; but just so far as men regard iniquity in their heart, the Lord will not hear them, Psalm 66:18. It is applicable to other Christians only so far as they are in circumstances similar to the apostles, and only so far as they possess their spirit.

8 g By this my Father is glorified , that you h … Abiding in Christ is here explained by his words or doctrines abiding in his disciples; by which are meant his Gospel, and the truths of it. John 15:7 . Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated.

Proud member Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. An error occurred while marking the devotional as read.

John 15:6 John 15:8 John 15:7.

Geeta, p. 59.

Abide in you - Not only are remembered, but are suffered to remain in you as a living principle, to regulate your affections and life. reward Jesus Word of God. That in order to be preserved in this union, we must have our lives regulated by the doctrine of Christ - and my words abide in you. Ye shall ask … - See John 14:13. (, The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers. John 15:7. reward Jesus Word of God.

of There was an error while trying to create your account.
We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password.

We learn from it that it is only when we keep the commandments of Christ - only when we live by faith in him, and his words are suffered to control our conduct and affections, that our prayers will be heard. American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad987e460), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x55fad987e628), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x55fad99cc6d0), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x55fad99cc4f0), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x55fad99cc310), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x55fad987df38), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x55fad987e910), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x55fad99cc928), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55fad99ccb08), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x55fad99ccce8), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x55fad99ccec8), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x55fad99cd0a8), International Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad9a1a0b0), John Etheridge Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55fad9a1a290), James Murdock Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55fad9a1a470), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x55fad9a1a650), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55fad9a1aaa0), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x55fad9a1ac80), Mace New Testament (1729)ARRAY(0x55fad9a1ae60), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad9a1d460), New International VersionARRAY(0x55fad9a1d868), New Living TranslationARRAY(0x55fad9a1dc28), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x55fad9a1dfe8), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x55fad9a1e1c8), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad9a21490), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x55fad9a21850), Wesley's New Testament (1755)ARRAY(0x55fad9a21df0), Weymouth New TestamentARRAY(0x55fad9a21fd0), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x55fad9a221b0), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55fad9a25c78), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x55fad9a26038). Sorry, an error was encountered while loading the book.

Sorry, you don't have permission to view that book. Get beautiful Bible art delivered to your inbox. Your Faithlife account signs you in to all our sites. John 15:7; John 15:8 7 If e you abide in me , and my words abide in you , f ask whatever you wish , and it will be done for you . John 15:7.

By registering for an account, you agree to Faithlife’s.

John 15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - "Those," says Creeshna, "whose understandings are in him, (God), whose souls are in him, whose confidence is in him, whose asylum is in him, are by the inspired wisdom purified from all their offenses, and go from whence they shall never return." The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers.

Get your church set-up with online giving, sermon streaming, and more in under 24 hours. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book.

New King James Version (NKJV) If ye abide in me, etc. Bible Language English. All rights reserved. Call us at 888-634-2038. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7–8 7 If e you abide in me , and my words abide in you , f ask whatever you wish , and it will be done for you . John 15:7 > NIV KJV ESV NKJV.

Copy. Please try again soon. Salem Media Group. John 15:7. reward Jesus Word of God.

ESV: English Standard Version 2016 . Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. 7 If eyou abide in me, and my words abide in you, fask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7 - ESV - If you abide in me, and my words abide in you,... Study verse in the English Standard Version Read verse in English Standard Version

That to profit by this union and doctrine, we must pray - ye shall ask.

Version.

An error occurred while accessing favorites. English Standard Version (ESV) If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. Share

Bible / Our Library / Bible Commentaries / John Gill's Exposition of the Bible / John / John 15 / John 15:7; Share Tweet Save.

In a few short verse the believer is called and challenged to abide in Christ.. to abide in the Vine.. to abide in His love - to abide in ME. This promise had particular reference to the apostles. We’ll send you a new verse every day to download or share.