The bride requested a brief memorial for her recently deceased beloved Grandfather. Love in God’s Kingdom goes beyond anything earth has to offer. / Sitemap, User Experience Design by Five Q We are to abide in Him, reflect His love and to love others in the same way that He loved us. A Useless, All-Important King? Need Some Strength...Call On Jesus! A daily devotional....words of encouragement,inspiration and of course the truth straight from the truth, the Word of God. Jesus spoke these words to his disciples just a few hours before he was arrested. We look to Jesus as our example. One day the Viet Cong fired mortar shells into the orphanage, killing dozens of children and wounding many more. John 15:12-13. "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. Discipleship, Some glimpses of it can be found in war stories, as when a soldier puts himself in harm’s way to save the lives of others. In those final hours just prior to His crucifixion on a cruel Roman cross, the Lord Jesus was with those that were his dearest and closest friends. Love, It is not the love between two people who are mutually attracted to … All Things Work 4 Good 2 Those Who Serve God ( Rom... Sleeping Peacefully Because Of God ( Psalm 4:8 ), No Fear With God At My Side ( Psalm 118:6 ), Jesus Reconciled Us To God. “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” ( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). And the next day, which we celebrate today as Good Friday, he laid down his life for us all. ( Ephesians 6:10-13 ). Christianity, Daily Devotional Bible Verses This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. It is only as we experience a deepening love for Jesus and all that He has done for us that we can begin to allow His love to flow into us and through us to others - so that in His power and strength we too may lay down our lives in service to Him as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God, in Jesus name. He gave up his life willingly on the cross to pay the price for our sin. The King of the Trees, 1 Samuel 10:17-24 In those final hours just prior to His crucifixion on a cruel Roman cross, the Lord Jesus was with those that were his dearest and closest friends. For as the Canons of Dort remind us, “God showed his love” by sending his only Son so “that we might live through him” (1 John 4:9). He went willingly and obediently. Jesus not only spoke those,but showed us through example. Amen. This section begins and ends with the command of Jesus: I command you to love one another. If The Word Don't Approve It, It Ain't Good( Matth... Do You Know Who You Fight? He gave up his life willingly on the cross to pay the price for our sin. Web Development by Build For Humans. Loving others by dying for them is not expected from each of us. Jesus clarifies his definition of ultimate love by adding, “You are my friends if you do what I command.” And that command is “Love each other as I have loved you.” Earlier that evening, as he ate his last supper with the disciples, Jesus had said the same thing, calling it a new command (John 13:34). Explanation and Commentary of John 15:13 Perhaps this is the greatest difference between Christianity and all other religions. In our gratitude for all that Jesus has done for us, we want to share his good news wherever we can. He laid down his life for his friends. Canada Toll-Free: 800.263.4251, © 1950–2020 ReFrame Media. John 15:13-----What a powerful verse. — John 15:13. There’s more involved than being kind and patient. May I love others in His strength and power, to Your praise and glory AMEN. I can’t read that verse without thinking of our many veterans who have laid down their lives for us. Everything Works 4 My Good,Tough Times Too! A Royal Fresh Start. How does it show?”. The Cross, See God's love and power, his presence and purpose in your life everyday, Deuteronomy 17:14-20 This Daily Devotion was Inspired by one of … And Christ loved and cherished the church so dearly, that He gave Himself for it - greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends. May our responses of joy and gratitude show and tell others how we are your friends, to the Father’s glory. And yet these same friends would abandon Him, deny Him or betray Him in a few brief hours, so that the scriptures might be fulfilled which was spoke off by the prophets: even my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, who did eat of my bread, has lifted up his heel against me - for it is written: I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered. Terms of Use Heavenly Father thank You for the greatest of all examples of love, that Christ demonstrated towards me, in that while I was still a sinner He died for me and has called me to be a member of His Church and to love others as He has loved me. No greater love than for a man to lay down his life for his friends.