And greater works than these - The miracles which I have wrought could not have been wrought but by the omnipotence of God; but that omnipotence can work greater. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. 23). B. Simpson—Days of Heaven Upon Earth, November 1. What are the benefits of creating an account? 1. This idea of trying to get a holiness of your own, and then have Christ reward you for it, is not His teaching. It is not. It is certainly the greatest miracle of Divine grace to convert the obstinate, wicked heart of man from sin to holiness. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. In this fourteenth chapter of John, where he is coming into the shadow of the cross and is speaking to his disciples concerning those things which ought to have the greatest weight with them, the heart of his message, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.--JOHN 14:27.
Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. This was done in numberless cases by the disciples, who were endued with power from on high, while proclaiming remission of sins through faith in his blood. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.

Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. ver 21, 23; Ps 103:18; Jn 15:10; 1Jn 2:3-5; 3:22, 24; 5:3; 2Jn 6; Rev 12:17; 14:12, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print, NIV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. Learn more. Note on John 1:51.. John 14:12-28 NIV Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. 5. 23). 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
A. 23). Jesus testified in no uncertain way concerning prayer, for not alone in this chapter does he speak but in all his messages to his disciples he is seeking to lead them into the place where they may know how to pray. The reason which our Lord gives for this is worthy of deep attention: -, Because I go unto my Father - Where I shall be an Intercessor for you, that: -. —Comp. 23). John 14:12 12 Very truly I tell you , whoever believes l in me will do the works I have been doing , m and they will do even greater things than these , because I am going to the Father . If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said... John 7:39 (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given... John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you... Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost... May 22 MorningPeace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.--JOHN 14:27. When one of our millionaires purchases a lot, with an old shanty on it, he does not fix up the old shanty, but he gets a second-hand man, if he will have it, to tear it down, and he puts a mansion in its place. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.