While she gently affirms that “her writings are not inspired, as only Scripture is,” and that her goal is to “help readers feel more personally connected with Him,” her approach to writing can only result—however unintentionally—in preparing readers to be lulled into deception. Sean McCausland is an educational consultant who lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The Jesus Calling is a book released in 2004 that is a record of supposed revelations given to its author, Sarah Young,1 by God during her quiet times of prayer and devotion. This book would also be an excellent choice for teachers in private schools (catholic, Lutheran, etc) where talk about religion is allowed, perhaps as a starter during your morning meeting or as a way to end their day. Yet the real Jesus also says, “If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love” (Jn 15:10). Here’s an out-of-left-field question: which book continues, at the time of this writing, to ride high within the “top ten” of Christian best-seller lists fifteen years after its initial release? I suggest reading this because it’s interesting and it has a memory verse for each day! Young makes no effort here, or elsewhere, to make a careful distinction between the authoritative and unerring Scriptures and fallible secondary means of guidance. If the positive elements mentioned above were the only principles found in Jesus Calling, there would be little reason for concern. Let my brilliant Love-Light search out and destroy hidden fears. I love how the author made it so Jesus is speaking directly to us, very realistic. I thought this book was OK. Perhaps they might accuse me of not being open, of lacking love, of being too judgmental, or even name too legalistic. I am now a ninth grader and still love reading the devotions in it. The Jesus in its pages is gentle, patient, and soft. Sets a positive tone for all of us and feeds them spiritually. I recieved this book for my first communion. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. While it is true that God may use different means to guide us,  statements like this one are most unhelpful. I absolutely LOVE it and would recommend giving it to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, god-children, whomever. It is vague. Two years later in September 2006 Integrity, along with its catalog of books, including "Jesus Calling", were bought by Thomas Nelson. Jesse calling is a devotional book that has one devotional for each day of the year. 1, 24). MATT SLICK LIVE RADIOCall in with your questions at 877-207-22763-4pm PST; 4-5pm MST; 6-7pm ESTWatch on FacebookPast Shows Radio PodcastRadio Show SurveySubscribe to CARM Radio, CARM wishlistWant to help CARM in a different way? Many problems vanish instantly in the Light of my Love, because you realize you are never alone. Just recently purchased this for a tween who started her first year of high school. Books & Magazines Books The 10 Commandments of Dating by Ben Young and Sam Adams Find time-tested strategies for avoiding the pitfalls of dating while creating healthy relationships with others. One such expression emerges from Young’s assumption that because the Lord will never leave or condemn his people, he will never be displeased with them. Yes it is. October 10th 2010 Isn't the Bible sufficient? I told her I thought this would make a wonderful companion as she is changing from a tween to a lovely young women. Again, I have to say that this is extremely dangerous and must be avoided.