I recently made your in-and-out burger and found it absolutely delicious. OMG IM IN LOVE WITH THIS RECIPE!THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT! Tastes really yummy like the one we eat at a Japanese Resto! I’ve tried making several other versions of this dressing  and they were all okay. This Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing recipe may be an Americanized version of the original (which has no carrots, uses less sugar and more ginger) but since I grew up on this side of the pond, speaks to me the same as if I was eating the real thing in Japan. It won’t have the texture of the carrots but maybe you could try pureed carrots from the baby food aisle or a little carrot juice. When does the 5 minute cook time come into place? Thanks for sharing? For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website. We’re just starting Keto as well, I’ll have to try it with the Stevia too! Some of these you may already have in your pantry if you do a lot of Asian style cooking. Your email address will not be published. I am desperately looking for this recipe too! It’s literally the spicy zingy taste I adore and miss sorely. Featuring the most basic pantry items from a Japanese kitchen, this Shoyu Dressing is as simple as one can get to dress your Japanese or Asian-inspired salad. I found the answer in 1 of the comment’s so glad i decided to read all the comments. Drizzle French dressing for a quick easy salad for the night! Takikomi Gohan (Japanese Mixed Rice) 炊き込みご飯, Make Fish Cakes at Suzuhiro Kamaboko Museum, Sugar (read below) for a little sweetness that balances the vinegar, Herbs of your choice (I use dried parsley and basil). Thank you Carmen for letting me know . I’m so glad you like it Joanne-I haven’t been able to buy the bottled kind since we moved to England last summer so this recipe has gotten a LOT of use lately! Your email address will not be published. Wow. Sounds wonderful. For more salad inspiration check out this homemade ranch dressing mix. A side salad is usually served as part of a sushi meal here in the US but there are many other meal combinations where you can serve green leaves and carrot ginger dressing. I had no idea how to recreate it at home, I could only taste the predominant flavors were carrots and ginger. I love the creamy salad dressing served at places like Shogun so I tried to make a salad dressing in this style. I literally eat a salad with it at least three times a week! I won’t lie, miso paste is unlikely to be found in an average or small grocery store. Stephanie is the author of CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home, and CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home 2. The dressing should keep in the fridge for about 1 week . These mushrooms are widely popular in Asia. Japanese Ingredient Substitution: If you want to look for substitutes for Japanese condiments and ingredients, click here. Serve this Japanese salad with sushi, fried rice, grilled seafood, soba noodles…the possibilities are endless! What about a white sauce from same type restaurant? I am going to make this ginger dressing, we love the dressing in our Japanese Restaurant, how long will this keep in refridge? Fantastic lunch, Love this receipe didn’t make it yet i dont know how to measure carrots and onion .Could you please use tbs.or cups to measure, Thank you