Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 30 grams of butter (soft) It’s like making a cinnamon bun, just roll out your dough, place a generous amount of ham, cheese, and mayo (I use the Japanese kind), roll it up and cut it into about 12 even slices. My friends and family love it and I bake it almost every other week. Fresh homemade ham and cheese stuffed bread is an absolute treat any day of the week. King Arthur Baking Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Uncover the bread, and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes, tenting it with foil after 20 to 25 minutes to prevent over-browning. While not recommended when in haste you can place it in a warm (not hot) oven this will expedite the rise. Most often the simplest explanation for this is that the liquid (milk) used was not warm. Let them rise until double the size, approximately another 40 minutes. This bread is just so fluffy and to die-for. Leave the dough at room temperature to rise until double in volume. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. This blog generates income via ads #sponsoredpost. Veena is the author of three blogs - Veena Azmanov, Cake Decorating Tutorials, and East Indian Recipes.She writes about cooking, baking, desserts, and cake decorating. Substitute all-purpose flour 1:1 for the bread flour in the recipe, if desired. You want the dough to be soft, elastic, and still slightly sticky when kneading. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition The time preparation is longer than what is listed. SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. See our, Want to make a softer loaf with extended shelf life? Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides. If I ask my kids  - what bread should I make today, they will say chocolate bread, pizza, or stuffed bread. Uncover the bread, and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes, tenting it with foil after 20 to 25 minutes to prevent over-browning. Kneading is key to making good bread. Always check the expiry on the yeast. This bread is best eaten the day it is made. Homemade Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread Recipe, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread Progress Pictures1, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread Progress Pictures3, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread Progress Pictures2, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread Progress Pictures4, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bread Progress Pictures5. On her blogs, you will find delicious, easy and practical recipes often with instructional videos and tutorials for the home cook. Gently deflate the dough. The loaf shaping is easy: mound the filling in the middle third of the dough then make cuts from the filling to the edges of the doug making 3/4 inch wide strips. But found the recipe bland..did not taste as good as it sounds. King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour - 3 lb. I used cheddar because that was what I had on hand. Thank you. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Preheat oven to 190 C / 380 F. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds. Now roll the dough up. Thanks for sharing! This recipe makes a tasty loaf filled with fresh basil, tomatoes, garlic, and shredded cheese; the bread has wonderful soft texture, and is packed with flavor. In some cases, it could also be that the yeast was old and not good. Lightly oil a large mixing, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth, about 8 minutes. Lunchmeat from the deli cut in strips works great. You can make one smaller loaf using a small loaf pan. If you overproof the buns they tend to rise and deflate when baking. We always end up overeating bread when it's stuffed like its. Pinch the edges to seal. Try the, Baking Parchment Paper - Set of 100 Half-Sheets. 50 grams of water (I used a little more) 60 grams of Tangzhong. The best part is, you don't have to eat it fresh, it tastes absolutely delicious when served cold. Roll dough like a jelly roll tucking the sides well. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I also did the dough up in my bread machine on dough cycle before putting the filling on and baking in the oven. Bread from white wheat flour will be softer in texture than whole wheat bread and needs a little less water. For the kids I left out the pimentos and olive and simply put in chopped ham and cheddar cheese slices. Place in an oiled. Thanks, Dianna! In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the flour, egg, butter, sugar and salt; mix well. Measure all ingredients ahead of time so you don't forget anything at the last minute. Roll or pat the dough into a 10x14 inch rectangle. If it gets foamy the yeast is good to go if not best to buy fresh yeast or check the temperature of the milk. Absolutely, this recipe can be divided into half. You can make it ahead of time and get it out of your to-do list. The milk must be warm (not hot) about 110F. Flatten and pat it into a 22" x 8 1/2" rectangle. Alternatively, try my dinner rolls recipe or brioche bread, sandwich bread, or Hokkaido milk bread recipe. A soft loose well-hydrated dough is not necessarily a bad thing, it often will give you soft fuffy bread so don't be tempted to add more flour than mentioned in the recipe. The bread is awesome! Published -Oct 20, 2017 Update -Oct 20, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 1974 words. Starting with one long edge, roll the dough into a log the long way. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. If unsure, combine the yeast with water/milk, sugar/honey, and oil/butter from the recipe and let stand 5 minutes. About 10 minutes to read this article. This is a great picnic bread, filled with ham, cheese, pimento and olives. 30 grams of sugar. https://veenaazmanov.com/homemade-ham-and-cheese-stuffed-bread-recipe Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn. They would all work as a base for this recipe. Our brunch is ready. It's kind of fun to get the kids involved in the kitchen. I like to combine it with the flour then add it to the yeast mixture. So, bake some today and enjoy one of these darlings! Remove the bread from the oven, and transfer it to a rack to cool. Shears are also useful for slicing/chopping the basil. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest. If necessary add the extra flour for kneading. My kids love working with bread. Rising times are only a guide; there are so many variables in yeast baking that it's impossible to say that bread dough will ALWAYS double in bulk in a specific amount of time. Combine the ham, cheese, pimento, and olive in a medium mixing bowl; set aside. The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. Pour in the yeast mixture. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. The top of the loaf will look like a braid. On the weekend, I love making the dough and letting it prove in the fridge overnight. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. I made this recipe with my bread maker and took it out after the dough cycle. Make parallel cuts 3/4 inch wide and 2 inches long on the two long edges of the rectangle. This dough is simple and easy to make. Yes, if you use my soft dinner rolls recipe as the base for this bread. Store, well-wrapped, at room temperature for a couple of days; freeze for longer storage.