. NOW IN EXILE. This forgotten English hero deserves everyone's attention as James's writing deserves every word to be read, and only comes Out when he needs the super human strength to fight with his men, Commenté au Royaume-Uni le 14 septembre 2016, This is the 5th book in the Hereward series, and am now on the 6th and, Commenté au Royaume-Uni le 12 septembre 2018. For the betrayed and abandoned English rebels, the price of their crushing defeat is exile. Hereward: The Immortals: ... I am not sure if fictionizing Hereward as a player in Constantinopole's history is a good development. A worthy adversary for William and the Normans." The tale of a man whose deeds will become the stuff of legend, this is also the story of two mis-matched allies: Hereward the man of war, and Alric, a monk and a man of peace. Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine. Hereward: The Immortals is the fifth book in James Wilde's six book Hereward series. James Wilde divides his time between London and the family home in Derbyshire. Javascript doit être activé dans votre navigateur pour utiliser toutes les fonctionnalités de ce site. After years of struggle, he will brook no further challenge to his power: his vast army masses and his siege machines are readied. Even though I read this first book of the trilogy after the second by mistake, that didn't detract too much from my enjoyment of it. A soldier and a thief, a cut-throat, courtesan and a druid, even the Emperor Valentinian himself – each of these has a part to play in the beginnings of this legend…the rise of the House of Pendragon. -- PARMENION BOOKS"Wilde has a keen eye for action matched with a talent for plotting that makes each new Hereward adventure a joy to read" -- THE ELOQUENT PAGE"With great gusto...James Wilde has succeeded in giving new and convincing life to a half-forgotten English hero." But Hereward has been outlawed and is on the run. Oney Bank - SA au capital de 50 741 215€ - 40 Avenue de Flandre 59 170 Croix - 546 380 197 RCS Lille Métropole - n° Orias 07 023 261 www.orias.fr. Hereward: The Immortals is the fifth book in James Wilde's six book Hereward series. An exciting read. Here’s the cover for the third and final book in the Dark Age sequence – The Bear King. All but the last 50 pages seems like a prequel to the real story, which I assume starts in book 2 of the series, but given I've just discovered there are 5 books, the pacing of this one could suggest that book 2 is still the prequel too. One will risk everything to save the land he loves, the other to save his friend’s soul…. Unable to forget a childhood encounter - in the pages of a comic - with the great English warrior, Hereward, Wilde returned to the haunted fenlands of Eastern England, Hereward’s ancestral home, where he became convinced that this legendary hero should be the subject of his first novel. Il y a 0 commentaire et 0 évaluations venant de France, Livraison accélérée gratuite sur des millions d’articles, et bien plus. Offre de financement avec apport obligatoire, réservée aux particuliers et valable pour tout achat de 70€ à 2000€. The story of Hereward continues in this brutal and bloody novel full of betrayal and murder - a must read for fans of Bernard Cornwell and Conn Iggulden. . Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Des milliers de livres avec la livraison chez vous en 1 jour ou en magasin avec -5% de réduction . This is defintely one of several Hereward based historical novels I'd recommend. - ***** Reader review"James Wilde has a style of writing which makes you just not want to put the book down..." - ***** Reader review********************************************. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. ou ses filiales. [young Hereward was a disembowel-'em-first, ask-questions-later kind of guy, so the fact that he chooses the single most deadly foe on the planet to leave hanging but not dead might as well be labelled Bad Idea that Will Haunt Our Hero for the Whole Series. The hero is certainly a kick-ass warrior that can kill wolves with his bare hands, and even has a hint of the Berserker in him when in battle, but he also has some weaknesses as well. Vous écoutez un extrait de l'édition audio Audible. With such an artefact in their possession, the people would surely return and rally to their cause? . James Wilde is giving Hereward the adventure of a lifetime and the reader a tour of historical events with the power of a whirlwind. A very readable novel, but it came off as a bit poor-man's-Cornwell. This is not how I want the last Anglo-Saxon king of England to be epitomized. Do you believe that this item violates a copyright? Assisting them in their task will be an elite and legendary band of fighters, the Immortals - so-called because they believe they cannot die in battle. Start by marking “Hereward (Hereward, #1)” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Their hopes of survival lie with one man, their leader Hereward. -- HISTORICAL NOVELS REVIEW"I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the start..."- ***** Reader review. Turkish hordes plan for an attack that could come at any moment. He has conquered his land, he has built his fortress and he has amassed his army. Before Camelot. Harold Godwinsson is dead and William the Bastard brutally puts down any resistance to his new rule.