Would the rice and liquid ratio need to be adjusted at all? Cover the Instant Pot, ensuring the valve is set to “Sealing.”. Next, place your springs of thyme on top and lay your beans on top of the rice. If subbing dry for fresh thyme springs, use about 1/2 tsp. Comments (0). Get recipes, news, and how-tos in your inbox every week. Error type: Your comment has been saved. This is the real Jamaican authentic method of cooking rice porridge. Wondering what a sprig of thyme is? Hi! If using a newer model, use the "Rice" button on your Instant Pot. You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post. Early Bird Holiday Sale (Nov 10-15): Give the gift of a membership with Active Pass →, : Give the gift of a membership with Active Pass, Label Lingo: Plant-Based Diet vs. Vegan Diet, 1/4cup toasted shredded, unsweetened coconut, optional. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Here’s a guide to. Set Instant Pot to "Sauté." Added some chopped carrot and 2 minced jalapenos. Join Active Pass to get access to exclusive content, thousands of training plans, and more. Once Hot, add olive oil. Feel free to modify this recipe by adding it in. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/jamaican-rice-and-peas-coconut-milk Garnish with toasted coconut, if using. Add garlic and green onions and stir for about 30 more seconds. grated nutmeg1/8 tsp. Gently stir, best served steaming hot. I don’t put them in my rice and peas recipe. In fact, the mainstay for protein in vegan and vegetarian diets is good old rice and beans. *This recipe has been updated to include stovetop directions as well. Make it in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker for perfect results. Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Make sure you have selected the “more” option. Start by selecting Sauté button on your Instant Pot. Press “Cancel” on the Instant Pot. Once the pressure cooking time is done, allow it to natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure by moving valve to "Venting". Hi Jen, I actually don't own a rice cooker but I'm sure the ratios will be the same. Check out this helpful article that defines. Once the timer is done, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes. Stir once, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Thanks! Fluff rice with fork, cover, and let rest 5 minutes. Try these out: Made this the other night and it is so good! This is the real Jamaican authentic method of cooking rice porridge. Thank you! Jamaican coconut rice is usually served with chicken as a side dish. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Add coconut milk, sugar, salt, lime zest, white pepper, and 3/4 cup water, and bring to a simmer.