Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Low and slow, baby. of olive oil, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and oregano. Not some Chef Boyardee character. YOU KNOW it’s good when it’s from a legit Italian. I've adjusted it a little and now it's my specialty,” writes Jeannie Peirce of Brentwood, California. I haven’t done it myself but I know others have done it so I’d put it on low for 3-4 hours! Let mixture simmer, uncovered, for 2 or more hours (the longer the better, but minimum 2 hours), stirring occasionally. Once you try this Italian spaghetti sauce recipe, I doubt you’ll make it any other way. Making this sauce now as i type but quick question, how come yours looks so deep red and with seeds in it? This is what I would do: brown your meat, put it in the insert of the crockpot, then add all the other ingredients, stir, cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours. That is why recipes bring such joy in the kitchen; they can be changed up. So – your spaghetti sauce will be healthy and delicious! Bring to a boil, reduce heat immediately and simmer for 2- 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. This freezes really, really well and the flavor continues to develop as it thaws. If you’ve already got some of this awesome spaghetti sauce in the freezer and you’ve got some excess tomatoes you need to use up, you can always make a lasagna sauce or even try this marinara sauce recipe. Rarely do I come across an Italian spaghetti sauce recipe that’s worth sharing but this has got to be one of them. Letting the pork neck sit in salt and pepper for 30 minutes seems like a rather subjective process but you don’t want to skip this step. :), I'm going to try this tonight. Rich Italian Pasta Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Building this homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch is much easier than it has to be if you’ve got the ultimate spaghetti sauce secret ingredient. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Every recipe is modified for each family. Required fields are marked *. You won’t ever go back to your plain ‘ol marinara that you thought was good. When people think pasta, they naturally think spaghetti but there are lots of different pasta sauce recipes. The richer the alfredo sauce, the closer to Olive Garden alfredo sauce flavor. It is the most delicious, rich, flavorful, pasta sauce I’ve ever had in my entire life and I can’t wait for you to try it! Now I have been in moods where I just wanted a nice big bowl of pasta tossed in light alfredo sauce. Turn up the heat a bit, add the wine, and deglaze the pan, making sure to scrape up all the brown bits. Try using mild Italian sausage instead of hamburger, Make it with half fresh and half processed parmesan. If this isn’t the way “your” Italian grandmother or mother or whatever makes it…please don’t yell at me and tell me so. It’s thick, genuine, delicious and a little sweet all combined into one single cohesive flavor profile. Any grated parmesan works just fine in this recipe and it will taste fantastic. Small changes can give you subtle taste variations that can help you make this Italian spaghetti sauce your own. A lot of people have asked about freezing this. Remove to a plate; set aside. Spaghetti Pasta with Mussels and Tomato Garlic Sauce. If it’s something that really bothers you then just omit it. With the 6 oz. I've served it several times now for dinner parties and have received numerous requests for the recipe. Onion & Garlic – Sautéing the aromatics along with the carrot not only adds fragrant yumminess to your sauce but it also brings out the sweeter more balanced flavor of the veggies. I normally have a go to recipe i use which calls for a little bit of this and a little bit of that and whatever Italian seasoning i happen to have up there at the time. Also, doing this in the same pot where you browned your pork necks helps build your fond for a super flavorful sauce. This Italian spaghetti sauce is like the superhero of spaghetti sauces and the fact that the flavor continues to develop is just icing on the cake. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rich-italian-pasta-sauce Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink.