The training was very precise and covered all Knowledge Areas from the 5 Process Groups: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing. A project manager is not a team leader, but he is a leader indeed who takes the responsibility of all fails and shares the success of the team. As such, if you wish to change the world, hands-on experience implementing projects will be useful in finding workable ways to do this. Project Management is essential for a company where time, scope, budget and quality are of extreme importance. With a number of project management certification courses available, a project manager has a chance of self-improvement in workshops, seminars or in chat rooms. COBIT® is a Registered Trade Mark of Information Systems Audit and Control Association® (ISACA®). I really wanted to complete the exam within 2 months after completing the class, but due to personal commitments it got extended to 4 months. If you are good with team management, if you know how to assess time spent on a certain task and know to find effective decisions for any problem that appear, you should definitely give a try to project management. The role of a project manager is very important in the IT industry, but the non-IT industries such as accounts and finance, oil and gas, mechanical, business and consultancy services also offer a considerable role to the project managers. 15 Best Free Cloud Storage in 2020 [Up to 200 GB…, Top 50 Business Analyst Interview Questions, New Microsoft Azure Certifications Path in 2020 [Updated], Top 40 Agile Scrum Interview Questions (Updated), Top 5 Agile Certifications in 2020 (Updated), AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional, AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Speciality, AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder – Specialty, AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty, AWS Lambda and API Gateway Training Course, AWS DynamoDB Deep Dive – Beginner to Intermediate, Deploying Amazon Managed Containers Using Amazon EKS, Amazon Comprehend deep dive with Case Study on Sentiment Analysis, Text Extraction using AWS Lambda, S3 and Textract, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect, Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer, Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer, Alibaba Cloud Certified Professional Big Data Certification, Hadoop Administrator Certification (HDPCA), Cloudera Certified Associate Administrator (CCA-131) Certification, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Ubuntu Server Administration for beginners, project management self-study training and practice tests, DP-300 Exam Preparation Guide (Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure). This is coupled with an ability to take and give constructive criticism. Project Management is an inspiring field of study and has many opportunities for your career growth and success. The employers pay more to project management professionals who are ready to take responsibility for project handling. What Is the Purpose of AJAX in JavaScript. Learn how an IT professional can, Still, have any doubt about Project Management Career? Then, take the opportunity to studiously learn what you need to know to become an expert in the field. It is the exact opposite. Output:  Enhance your career prospects with our Data Science Training, Enhance your career prospects with our Fullstack Development Bootcamp Training, Develop any website easily with our Front-end Development Bootcamp. The salary a project manager receives may vary, depending on one’s experience, seniority, experience, expertise, country of origin and the budget for the project that is being undertaken. My PMP Exam Experience: Knowledge is also acquired in the form of improving processes. To be a successful project manager, you need to know how to deliver your thoughts and ideas to people. Thus, there are few professionals who deliver good results and who know what they need to do to make a project successful. All rights reserved. No doubt, a career in project management is one of the high level and most rewarding careers. a faster rate in comparison to the national average for all occupations. Project management is not a science and does not require that you remember every nerve in the nervous system. These insights really helped in understanding the concept and the interrelationship between each process and ITTO. Performance of the delegated tasks is usually dependent on skills and the way the project manager relates with his people. As a result, this career enables one to determine how ideas that work look like, and how to come up with them. Rita Mulcahy’s recommendation helped. However, this is different in project management. ************************************* Aswin’s online PMP credential is available at PMI’s online credential registry. I read the options from D to A instead of A to D. This really increased my hit percentage. 8 Reasons to Choose Project Management Career. Here are the. However, if you are a career type of person you will definitely like a world of new possibilities that becomes open for you when you take the position of a project manager. Scaled Agile Framework® and SAFe® 5.0 are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile, Inc.® KnowledgeHut is a Silver training partner of Scaled Agile, Inc®. I applied the same and was able to get over the initial surprises in the exam. Welcome to DestinationScanner - we spent hundreds of hours researching only the best places for expats. You will definitely notice the difference especially if you took a junior position. You’ll become a kind of navigator You master your execution skill Procurement Documents: In addition to Charter, the Procurement Document is a great source to the third party stakeholders falling lower in hierarchy. All the companies will always initiate projects to increase revenue, minimize cost, and increase economy. Industries with highest levels of project-oriented work include business services, construction, manufacturing, utility industries, finance, and insurance etc. This process is carried out before the end-to-end planning stage of the project. Please do take 10-15 mock tests before attempting the exam, this really helped me understand where I stand and what my weakness is and helped to motivate and improve. Who is a project manager? *Projects In a Controlled Environment Project Stakeholder Register is depicted below: Introductory – Why I decided on it and how I started? Inspecting the relationship of each stakeholder with the project to establish their level of interest in the project. I’ve listed down a few reasons why Project Management is a good career choice: All the companies nowadays are getting smarter, they will always initiate projects to increase revenue, minimize cost, and increase economy. affect the project. According to the project management trends report, project management roles will reach 15.7 million between 2010 and 2020 i.e. In the last one or two months I use to keep on giving Mock Tests in the early mornings (4 -7 am) and then review them after coming back from work (7 – 8 pm), I kept on giving mock test from various places and was not be very subjective in selecting the source for exam. Thus, you need to permanently work on your communicative skill. Different projects require the application of varying skills, and this might deviate from what you learned in school. Resistor is a negative stakeholder who is not supporting the project. Run your learning concurrently with the implementation of this knowledge. Are you looking for the best place to live, work, retire, buy a house or visit? Definitely, Project Management is a good career choice. Are you good with people and keen about details? Read More. Secondly, with a project management qualification, you can work in any industry. All Rights Reserved. These are not inherent in everyone and so, the career may be viewed as tough. Do you need to speak to a mentor who is qualified in the field? If you’re not capable of that, you will hardly become a successful manager. In fact, idea generation is the smallest part of the job that a project manager does. It does not matter whether you’ve been promoted to become a project manager or you’ve decided to create a new resume for changing career, you need to understand what makes project management one of the best choices for you. Brief Profile:  Aswin was part of my class in May, 2015. Aswin Krishnan H is a proud PMP today. And, if you are still confused whether project management as a career is a good option for you or not then here are top 8 reasons why to choose project management as the career: The growing demand for project management professionals makes one choose project management career. The job of project manager may sound a little bit complicated and sometimes even too twisted for a single person, but there is nothing difficult if you are dedicated to your work and understand the importance of inter-team communication. For instance, construction project managers in the USA have an average base pay of approximately $98,000. Currently, there is a high demand for skilled project managers. Read More, Excerpt from the personal blog of KnowledgeHut Fac... The first thing that comes to mind when we are talking about changing career into project management is the bigger salary. If you aren’t, this could be how you get an eye for details. Thus, high earning is an important reason to choose project management as a career. Industry and location are the two main determinants of the compensation received by project managers in the United Kingdom. A project manager is not a person who is responsible for business success, but who makes everything possible so that different teams could cooperate performing tasks in the required order and accomplishing processes in such a way they follow the same strategy of product development.