It’s no secret that internships are the most effective way for students to gain work experience before graduation. Brief Summary Thus expanding upon my previous knowledge while simultaneously allowing me to grow in new ways that cannot be taught in the classroom. The skills that I took away from this experience were those of networking, and budgeting. Electronic Inspiration LLC. Could a 30-year-old join the team and be the mentor to a 12-year-old? Free Online Career Tests When You Have No Idea What You Want to Do, LinkedIn InMail Templates for Job Seekers. Introduction He asked about my take on agile as a methodology, which I again praised. You should open up about your experience and discuss what you learnt and how it affected you. Internship Reflective Journal . To comment on my learning experiences, I have none to share. I have had the opportunity to work on translating and editing a large scale merger and acquisition, a real Internship Reflective Journal Sample . I was disappointed to learn that much of the gardening is outsourced and the greenhouse is primarily for the topiaries. What work do they contribute frequently? In the first week, I attended training about handling humanitarian crises issues in the International Rescue Committee office located in Oakland, CA. Now that you’ve captured the reader, discuss what the overview of the organization is. Promoting Leadership Professional Development One of the, Promoting Leadership Professional Development One Of The, Marriage Family Therapy Intern Marriage And Family, Internship Reflection Journal Reflection Essay. Your email address will not be published. These papers are meant to provide a greater depth and understanding of the events and activities and should not be written as simply factual statements. I cannot believe how time is flying by. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "aa73518fc02ac793dfbf91fcc54135fb" );document.getElementById("ic5b95a2cd").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Keep the writing personal and moving, discussing how certain actions affected your work or your ability to get work done. Organization was the most important tool that allowed me to reach my goals throughout this internship. What was the goal, where was the organization at achieving that goal? My Plant Engineering (PE) internship experience at United Parcel Service (UPS) allowed me to utilize all that I have learned at Florida Polytechnic University and apply it to real-world work experience. Wiles, Renée, "The United Way Experience: An Internship Reflective" (2009).Dissertations, Theses and Capstone Projects.Paper 31. The internship was a reach – as I was competing with some of the top students in my, It has been a while since I started at the internship and I am really glad I decided to work here. Your email address will not be published. Summer internships provide extremely valuable experience in my chosen field, and they are also plentiful. . All Rights Reserved. Again, this is a reflective paper, so discuss what your own expectations and goals were. Redhill School I had very positive things to say about my team. How has the internship helped you understand your classes better and vice versa? I realized that this is not only a tiring job but it also required me to be active all the time. I remember how anxious I was when I was going to middle school for the first time. I feel that every day it is going so fast that I can barely breath, blink, and rest, as I feel I am always rushing. Meeting with my supervisor on a weekly basis and having my all ideas, thoughts and assignments organized made the process much simpler. Discuss how your project contributed to the larger mission. My parents have had this conversation with me a million times, because of course helping out with my tuition entitles them to call me on a weekly basis to ask about internships and job interviews and where do I plan to live? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Plus, I knew that I was going to be on my own much more here. The United Way Experience An Internship Reflective Most people are stuck in a team of veterans, so he found it intriguing to hear about experiences from an all intern team.