Rest, rest, a perfect rest Death, pain, or change that wound us here? I have run and leaped with the rain, I have taken the wind to my breast. He knew that you would never Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch. The rest we plan, we will touch. Your life a long experience of peace, 'A soul has gone to God,' ", Christina Rossetti's poem Remember is a tender piece of advice from one lover to another. All cares and feares, he bids farewell She has wandered into an unknown land; ", Ay, men may wonder while they scan I know that you miss me, But try not to cry. In this divine glass, they see face to face; and their converse is free as well as pure. All my love around you soft and clear Deeper than any thought of man, To sunshine hallow'd 'neath the charm The fainting body and more languid soul The wealth beyond the grave. If only you could see me, so peaceful and serene, But you must live a little more and carry on the dream, So treasure the memories within your heart. Farewell, dear voyageur — the river winds and turns; "... Our senses, restored, never to be the same, whisper to us. Heaven is oh so wonderful, And my soul feels completely revived. And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die. Her pleasant lot. For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart Let it be spoken without effect. Then fill it with remembered joy. Perhaps my time seemed all too brief Lingering, to denote the way Play, smile, think of me. The Lord came to take you home to heaven in the spirit in the sky. This soothing pillow, and this downy bed; She left the rosy morn, As brooding sleep to the life of a babe, Dealing with the death of someone you're close too is never easy, but putting together a tribute for that person is part of the healing process. Soul to its place on high! Compar'd with his eternal gain, For twilight cold and lorn He'd hope that you could carry on the way you always do. That bells should joyful ring to tell, A soul had gone to heaven...", Written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, The Sleep offers the idea that death is a gift of grace given by God. That sees through tears the mummers leap. And water springs. And, mourner, will not sighing cease, We will spend a beautiful eternity living there, To be joined, one-by-one, by all those we hold dear. For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow, Farewell, dear Voyageur — 'twill not be long. As dreams just melt Away. ", In When a Great Tree Falls, renowned poet Maya Angelou touches on the feelings involved when loved ones pass away, but then in the final stanza, she delivers an uplifting message about recovering from the loss. Sadness is unavoidable at a time like this, but including some inspirational poetry can provide a little light in the darkness. His wasted limbes now lye full soft Written by Mary Elizabeth Frye, Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep is an incredibly inspirational poem about death with a message that a loved one never truly dies. Those of us that have blessed with family or friends have been given a gift. I took His hand when I heard him call We thought of you with love today, The Spoiler launch'd a fatal dart, By this glad confidence he comforted, Lies down beneath its burden - heaven's gate opes ", What would we give to our beloved? I was touched by poem. If you believe in God, There's no oblivion. Not knowing, having, being, aught: The bryars and thornes no more shall scratch, And hope you understand, 'Tis immortality. That soul doth wot of one good thing prepared Think of her faring on, as dear And felt how precious was the gift, I look'd upon the righteous man, If my parting has left a void I lost my Dad too, but I cannot pretend to know what you're going through. I don't want you to worry, So full a draught. I haven't really left you And I look up to the sky Till time shall cease: Old quarrels with myself: My God shall raise me up, I trust. He leads us to another realm, one not nearly so small, Where suffering is defeated and exists not at all. That myrie steps have trodden oft. Is taken in and steeped and bathed in rest. It came, but not with words, too worn the heart and forever we will all be one together with Christ. Oh how I long to be at rest I won't be far away for life goes on. Dread not the day when these delights will cease. "He giveth his beloved, sleep. But I will say this...it's okay; it's okay to feel sad, to feel angry, to feel like the world around you is closing... Hey everybody, Empty in any way, For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is ominipresent. 'Tis hampered not by time or space — you weep. Borne inward unto souls afar, A glorious body it shall rise And I'll be waiting for you When your time comes around. Wth sinns wth cares and sorrovys vext I see you are still feeling sad, Trust in Him, Let go of this world, And see the wonders He has prepared for you. Of all the thoughts of God that are A good news should be given. The hero's heart to be unmoved, And found an empty place, O delve'd gold, the wailers heap! Different paths along the way, But you didn’t go alone, And cooling breezes in the secret dusk; I thank Thee, God, that I have lived. In your thoughts For people that live alone, even a pet has been shown to increase the lifespan for as much as five to seven years. Life was too much: I also lost my dad. And circled it and shadow'd; only rest: With many thoughts and cares; a desolate heart, Feel no sorrow in a smile that he is not here to share. But rest, the pure element, Research has shown that people live longer when they are surrounded by people they love. Wherein to lay us down when labours end, It came : but how to tell of it! That it is only for a while that we must part, Who, had they lived, had died, but when Somewhere. There is a landscape broader than the one you see. From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee, She was gathered in. Call me by my old familiar name. By age and paines brought to decay. You are shedding so many tears. Its needs must be, since she lingers there. My life’s been full, I savored much Oh! And that soul for one supernal moment An even richer and more glorious life, When all my limbs are locked, I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow...", Written by John Donne, Death Be Not Proud admonishes Death that its victory is only temporary and it will also die. Another year has come, Melodiously again, I was about five when he was killed. A step on the road to home. There was no anguish on his brow, nor stumps nor rocks cause him to fall. and meanes in safity now to dwell. And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear Now the next adventure awaits In uncharted territory, And I'm excited for it to begin. Her face is toward the west, That fortune grows as earthly goods decrease. He to his dear ones gave, Is other in its kind : feelings, thoughts, I would like to say to you my dear Sister in Christ I know how and what you feel. If only we could hear the welcome they receive So early from thee torn; The friend thy bosom held most dear I am I and you are you. To soothe the mourner's care, And now you know the thing that all men learn: He erring pathes no more shall tread Better by far you should forget and smile, Than that you should remember and be sad.". I know that another shall finish the task I surely must leave undone.