AUTOGRAPHED COPIES OF INA GARTEN'S NEWEST COOKBOOK, MODERN COMFORT FOOD ARE NOW AVAILABLE! In a large measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla. do you think it would be too much if I fill them with some strawberry jam for a blood effect? Love these Tracey! Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Whisk the buttermilk, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla in a 2-cup measuring cup. We were probably about 200th at that point. I don’t think there’s another tv personality I’d have been so eager to stand in line for, but I had no problem doing it for Ina. I LOVE these. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. treat I made in a moment, but first I wanted to tell you about the exciting day I had on Friday. One at a time, add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add grated raw beets to the cupcakes for natural red … She even thanked me for waiting in such a long line to see her. I don’t know if you’ve heard of Ms. Humble. Place the cream … In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, until light. I’ve noted this below as well, but Ina makes giant cupcakes. The process of coloring the frosting was purely a case of trial and error. How lucky, she is the ONE cook I would love to meet. So exciting that you got to meet Ina! I so want to be her BFF but looking at your pictures and how many other people have the same desire I don’t think my dream will come true. Get full acces to our GOLD MEMBER functions. She is pure awesomeness. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Red velvet cupcakes | ina garten … Your cupcakes are very cute! I am always looking for new Halloween cupcakes to make for my students, I love the idea of brain cupcakes! I’m totally making them next year How fun to meet Ina! I really enjoy her show as well, though I haven’t made a lot of her recipes. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Red velvet cupcakes | ina garten | food network recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. I started with red gel coloring and a bit of brown. Get one of our Red velvet cupcakes | ina garten | food network recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 cup buttermilk 1 tablespoon liquid red … And what a great tribute…brain cupcakes. There probably aren’t too many circumstances in which it’s acceptable to make brain cupcakes, but I think these are the perfect creepy Halloween treat! I had some cream cheese frosting in the freezer already (my current favorite from Martha Stewart, recipe here) which I used so I didn’t try Ina’s recipe this time, though I’m sure it won’t be long before I do. The brain cupcakes are fun and perfect for Halloween! I think she’d like your brain cupcakes and it could get more exposure for your blog, which is always a good thing. As the hour of the signing approached, though, the line got longer and longer and longer. Then I piped it on in a squiggly pattern, attempting to dome the frosting in a brain shape. Cook’s NoteFrost the cupcakes with a butter knife or pipe it on with a big star tip. . 2010, How Easy is That? All original text and photos © Tracey’s Culinary Adventure 2007–2014. You could definitely make them smaller, but I’d start checking around 20 minutes in the oven if you do.) Don't whip! Divide the batter evenly among the prepared liners. Ooh… I love red velvet cupcakes. I love her show – she seems like such a nice person. Happy Halloween everyone! Stir with a rubber spatula to be sure the batter is mixed.Scoop the batter into the muffin cups with a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop or large spoon. How totalllly exciting to get a book signed by The Ina! Place the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed just until combined. I bet they were delicious, as well as cool looking :)! Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners (the recipe makes approx 15 large cupcakes, more if you make them smaller). Get the recipe for The Barefoot Contessa's Red Velvet Cupcakes Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article 20/25 SLIDES Those are awesome! That’s so cool that you met Ina and got her autograph. I won’t be decorating them with brains, though . Both the cupcakes and the fact that you got to meet Ina. That is awesome that you got to meet Ina! Red velvet cupcakes | ina garten | food network recipe. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. I filled the tins almost completely (versus the 3/4 I would typically do) in order to match the yield the recipe indicates. chardonnay shrimp spread trisha black beans lasagna smoked ham with dry rub herbed quinoa in rice steam cooker serrano cream sauce good ole' southern frogmore stew aaron's fried brussels sprout salad videos mush whole wheat puff pastry annette's great ham glaze greek sorghum bowl garlic bread, ©2020 CRECIPE.COM ‐ All rights reserved, images owned by us or indexed sites. How cool that you got to meet Ina, she seems so nice! How cool that you got to meet her – I just got the new book and my daughter actually flagged 14 “resipees” that she wants us to make. You are so good with all this. She will be in NYC in a couple of weeks and I’m taking a half day off from work just to go see her! I will add this recipe to the list. so cute! In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, until light. All rights reserved.Ecommerce Software by Shopify. Red Velvet Frosting. So cool that you got to meet her!! We brought the brain cupcakes to our friends’ house this evening where we’re watching the Patriots game and handing out candy to trick or treaters. You met the QUEEN~ I love her, awesomely grea cupcakes too. i can’t believe you came 2 hrs early and were STILL 200th in line! Red Velvet Cupcakes from Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That, by Ina Garten. Learn how to cook great Red velvet cupcakes | ina garten | food network . I totally want her book though. Red Velvet Cupcakes (adapted from Ina Garten… We’ll get to the creepy (and maybe somewhat gross?) Everyone’s tried a cupcake and they’ve received rave reviews all around. and these cupcakes look wonderful – so festive! She has a blog that periodically does science cookie/baked goods roundups. Learn how to cook great Red velvet cupcakes | ina garten | food network .