How to Paint Vinyl Floors for Long-Lasting Results, The BEST Family Command Center Options To Get and Stay Organized, The Trick to Painting Ikea Furniture (and how NOT to do it). All Rights Reserved. 14 Inspiring Ikea Desk Hacks. Happy hacking! The authors of this tutorial made this many-drawer highboy or printer’s cabinet by disguising two Alex 9 drawer units! r/ikeaPCstations. How to Paint Vinyl Floors for Long-Lasting Results, The BEST Family Command Center Options To Get and Stay Organized, The Trick to Painting Ikea Furniture (and how NOT to do it). wondering if anyone’s had any success ordering replacement slip covers for their söderhamn secrional. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. An IKEA Alex Ekby shelf features some drawers and is very sleek and contemporary, both pieces have drawers of the same looks. IKEA DESK HACK STEPS: For the desk: 1) Assemble the Alex units using the assembly instructions that come from Ikea. Here’s a cool IKEA hack – it’s a standing desk using an IKEA Alex Ekby shelf, read the tutorial and make this healthy piece! It’s a piece that includes IKEA Alex drawer units and a Barkaboda kitchen counter that looks very stylish, the author preferred black Alex but you may try any shades that match your space. Find out how to make this simple and practical desk of IKEA Alex pieces and make one! If you have a question about this post, just. 4,479 members. a minimalist IKEA Alex drawer desk with a Linnmon tabletop (via emilyeveryday.co). 21 IKEA Desk Hacks for the Most Productive Workspace *Ever* Kate Thorn. And there you have it, 21+ gorgeous and affordable Ikea desk hacks perfect for all types of work spaces. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Read the tutorial and make your own one. If I wasn't' going to mount things later on, probably not. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10217971/#/70217973, -Cable management with the Signum: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30200253/. Hack is Unsafe. Here’s one more tutorial using IKEA Alex drawer units, and it’s very easy: two pieces and an IKEA Linnmon tabletop that perfectly matches them. But I definitely plan on it so I figured for $4 why not be safe? This Ikea desk hack is easy, gorgeous and much more affordable than what you can find at stores that have stylish desks! This DIY Ikea ALEX vanity will create a really nice, well lit, comfortable, organized setting. Agreed! A $50 IKEA Desk Hack. 4,882 members. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the battlestations community. The Alex drawer units (both the 5 drawer unit and 9 drawer unit) are so popular because the slim drawers are perfect for storing all those small makeup items – basically you get more drawers for your money than if you bought just a regular dresser or file cabinet. Close. It's quite sturdy. Repost. Can somebody tell me the hole spacing of the RAST 3-drawer chest? PRESS ESC TO CANCEL, © 2010 - 2020 Shelterness. This tutorial will tell you how to place Alex drawer units on legs removing the casters. I would need the German ones then.). Might want to exchange the knobs with pulls but don't want to drill new holes ;), (Do the measurements differ between countries? 2) Space all 3 units out evenly, ensuring that the distance between outer edge of the two end units measures 98″ (the same length as the countertop).