Jeremiah 29:11 (New American Bible). This is the moment to put into practice something of the prophecy of Isaiah whose fulfillment humanity has long been waiting for. A Jewish rabbi has written that we have the opportunity to celebrate a very special paschal exodus this year, that “from the exile of consciousness” [3]. And not only the pain of those who have faith, but of every human pain. Does God perhaps like to be petitioned so that he can grant his benefits? Version. Let us say “Enough!” to the tragic race toward arms. During this continued time of uncertainty, we keep our eyes and our hearts fixed firstly on Our Risen Lord who gives us a future of hope even in the midst of darkness and illness. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. The following 20 verses have helped me gain a clearer grasp of how God plans to provide for my welfare, future, and hope. And this year we read the account of the Passion with a question—rather with a cry—in our hearts that is rising up over the whole earth. It is what some call “chance” but the Bible calls instead “the wisdom of God.”. Plans to give you a future full of hope. . Raniero Cantalamessa, OFM Cap., St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Apr 10, 2020. It was redeemed at its root when the Son of God took it upon himself. And that, my friends, is his truly good plan for our lives. The virus knows no borders. (John 14:2-3), And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Amen. While there is nothing wrong with hard work and nice things, many who have faith in Jesus Christ have confused the plans that God has for us with the world’s definition of prosperity. He himself says in the Bible, “I have . When we will find out this one day, we will be ashamed of all the accusations we made against him in life. Be aware of the Graces and virtues we receive. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me—oracle of the LORD—and I will change your lot; I will … If you have a testimony or story you would like to share or if you have a prayer request, please use the form below. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? Without thinking twice, he dipped a brush in paint and hurled it at the middle of the fresco. The following 20 verses have helped me gain a clearer grasp of how God plans to provide for my welfare, future, and hope. One nation shall not raise the sword against another, 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. They have changed my perspective on my circumstances and helped me to grow in gratitude for Jesus and the gospel of salvation that, by faith, has made these promises mine. His work was damaged, but he was saved. (Philippians 1:6), Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Being Lost Is The First Step To Getting Found. "My Grace is Sufficient for You: Women and God's Divine Plan" Orchard Lake Schools, Orchard Lake, MI #4 Johnnette Benkovic “I know well the plans I have in mind for you, plans for your welfare not your woe.” Jeramiah 29:11. As a psalm in the Bible says, “In his prime, man does not understand. It was redeemed at its root when the Son of God took it upon himself. “Being supremely good – wrote St. Augustine – God would not allow any evil in his works, unless in his omnipotence and goodness, he is able to bring forth good out of evil.”[4], Did God the Father possibly desire the death of his Son in order to draw good out of it? The evil I see prevailing in my own life is an opportunity to hold tighter to these promises, longing for the day when all of God’s good plans will come to their righteous fulfillment. The one who cried one day for Lazarus’ death cries today for the scourge that has fallen on humanity. We then get discouraged when life is hard, and God’s plans don’t seem good. Returning to the way things were is the “recession” we should fear the most. Because we have been promised abundant and eternal life that is secure in heaven waiting for us, we can be confident that nothing that could bring us lasting eternal harm can touch us.