The best part is that each can be made or prepped in advance and then the dip can be thrown together in minutes. Drain in a sieve, rinse under cold running water, then leave to drain over the pan. Easy summertime entertaining is my philosophy for summer parties. However, I could totally make a meal out of it too. Top with a layer of tomatoes, seasoned with garlic salt. Jun 25, 2020 - Layered Greek Dip with Hummus, Cucumber, Tabouli Salad and Feta Cheese is a Unique Mediterranean inspired dip that screams of delicious, Greek flavors. 1 container prepared Hummus*, I like garlic, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for garnish. Mix the mint and parsley with the tomatoes, onion and drained bulghar. Cover the dip with feta cheese. Keep all the intendants my hummus dip ready for an impromptu get together or to bring to friends home for a barbecue. Your email address will not be published. Layered Greek Dip with Hummus, Cucumber, Tabouli Salad and Feta Cheese is a Unique Mediterranean inspired dip that screams of delicious, Greek flavors. So GOOD! Spoon the hummus into the bottom of a portable picnic bowl or large Tupperware (or use a large plastic mixing bowl, as you can cover it tightly with cling film later). ! It starts with creamy hummus and homemade tabbouleh and ends with allthetoppings. Your email address will not be published. ( Log Out /  Refrigerate. Spoon the tabbouleh on top. Serve with pita bread or crackers. Mix the mint and … ( Log Out /  Toss to combine. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Return bulgur to bowl. 1/2 cup prepared Tabbouleh Salad* 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes. by TheHealthyHostess | Apr 19, 2011 | Parties, Recipes | 0 comments. Top with tabbouleh, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta, then drizzle with tzatziki. Stir to combine. Served with Easy appetizer dip combined homemade with store bought hummus - plus so easy to alter with your own Greek ideas. Add a layer of feta topped with olives, then parsley. Now top with the feta and olives, then tear over the lettuce leaves. I love to put together easy to make ahead dishes so I can relax and enjoy my guests. Cover tightly and let stand until bulgur is tender, about 45 minutes. https://www.savingdessert.com/greek-layered-hummus-dip-recipe Top with tabouli. I remember apple picking not only with my children but with the brownies and how much fun we all had. However, I do also serve this dip with little knife spreaders to make things easier. I have made it before (Quinoa Tabouli Recipe) but this time I bought it at Costco, and it was amazing. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Hershey's milk chocolate candy cane kisses. And remember portion control is always an option to cutting calories. First, make the tabbouleh. You could make it or buy it! Layer a thick layer of hummus onto a platter. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on SimplyScratch.com should only be used as a general guideline. Prep Time 20 minutes Total Time 20 minutes Add 2 cups of hummus to a large platter. Change ), Advid cook, gardner, decorator and lover of the good life. Tip the bulgur into a saucepan, cover with water, season with salt, then bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins until tender. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This is a great recipe to use the apples from an apple picking excursion. Fall and apples what a wonderful combination. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you’re looking to make your own hummus, I highly recommend this recipe. Place bulgur in clean dry towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. ... and one which I got to make a couple of times and one which I really love is tabbouleh. Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). I make this pasta dish from a recipe in the current, March 2011, Bon Appetit issue. You could make it or buy it! Scatter with the chickpeas, then sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with a little oil. of fresh herbs mixed with bulghar wheat, is 1/4 cup chopped feta. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Required fields are marked *. Roll and serve. and because the lettuce leaves are packed Learn how your comment data is processed. Cover tightly and let stand until bulgur is tender, about 45 minutes. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Preparation. flatbreads, it’s filling and easy – think of it as 1/4 cup chopped english cucumber. Serve with toasted naan or pita chips and you’re ready to roll. Serve w pita chips. Spoon the hummus into the bottom of a portable picnic bowl or large Tupperware (or use a large plastic mixing bowl, as you can cover it tightly with cling film later). Hershey's Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits. Strain bulgur. Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2009, New! Hummus Dip with Tobbouleh, Feta, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Tzatziki 1 container prepared Hummus*, I like garlic 1/2 cup prepared Tabbouleh Salad* Cut naan into triangles and spray both sides with olive oil. Next top with 1 cup tabbouleh and diced Persian cucumbers – aka the small cute ones or an English cucumber would work too. ( Log Out /  If you need a quick, tasty appetizer for a play date or a cookout, make this dip! It seems like something you would find in Vegetarian Magazine! Scatter with the chickpeas, then sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with a little oil. Top with tabouli. I throw on a few whole cucumber slices because it adds a little something. Hummus Dip with Tobbouleh, Feta, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Tzatziki, Baby Bela Garlic Mushroom Soup with Brown Rice. Garnish with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. Use the back of a spoon to spread. Keep all the intendants my hummus dip ready for an impromptu get together or to bring to friends home for a barbecue. All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Very rich in taste with the addition of heavy cream, but I think not all calories are the same. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). But I swear, every bite is a new experience. Top with tabbouleh, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, olives, toasted pine nuts, fresh dill and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk the lemon zest and juice and oil together with seasoning, then toss with the bulgur. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Add tomatoes, parsley, onions, cucumber, radishes, cheese, mint and lemon peel to bulgur. § cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely chopped. No judgement here. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Hummus Dip with Tobbouleh, Feta, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Tzatziki. 4. I am not much of a kitchen gadget person; basic kitchen tools are my go to for cooking. ( Log Out /  Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. A growing interest in Middle Eastern food, spurred most likely by the vegetarian movement, brought tabbouleh to the attention of many Americans. Whisk oil and lemon juice in medium bowl to blend. 1 container prepared Hummus*, I like garlic. dressed but won’t spoil if you make it ahead, Put a little more olive oil in a sealed container to take with you, then chill the salad for up to 24 hrs. Mound hummus on serving plate. You feel more satisfied from delicious calories then junk calories. 3. Tip the bulgur into a saucepan, cover with water, season with salt, then bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins until tender. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My aunt Marilyn made it for her book club and since it was such a hit, I had to try it! Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon » Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium to medium-low until golden and fragrant. Hummus toast with poached egg, avo, feta, tomatoes, rocket & za’atar. It compliments a green salad so well and is laced with flavour. July 13, 2020. THANK YOU in advance for your support! salad and sandwiches in one! Combine hummus and cumin, spread on the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish. To eat, drizzle the olive oil over the leaves, then scoop the salad onto serving plates, making sure everyone gets a bit of each layer. I have made it before (. Your email address will not be published. Spoon the tabbouleh on top. 1/4 cup prepared Tzatziki* sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for garnish. Required fields are marked *. I can’t wait to make this again for Anna’s birthday party next weekend! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram! Combine 1 1/2 cups hot water and bulgur in large bowl. Serve with toasted naan or pita chips. * I use Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods brand for the hummus, Tabbouleh, and Tzatziki. Top it with any of your favorite greek-inspired toppings: feta, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, pepperoncinis, bell pepper, onion, pine nuts, garlic, fresh dill, parsley, etc… To me, the feta is a must. Next, top with some halved cherry tomatoes, pitted kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese. Impress your guests with this 7-Layer Loaded Hummus Dip. 4. After picking we went back to the troupe leader's house and baked with all the wonderful apples we just picked. Add all but 2 tablespoons dressing to bulgur mixture. On a large platter or flat cheese/charcuterie board, spread out the hummus with the back of a spoon. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. Mound hummus on serving plate. I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! Drizzle with remaining dressing. Enjoy! Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp.